"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:09 am
Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:43 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 am

Who is this leaker, and what are they saying?
oecuf0, who has a pretty good track record, posted a classical DB pic of Kid Goku riding the Flying Nimbus.
What is his trackrecord? Has he leaked stuff for Dragon Ball before?
Well, this person isn't much reliable, or a troll. They posted several times and has been wrong with time for announcement if anything. I don't trust this person.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:32 am

Well, these are leakers and rumours, the web anime stuff started as a leak if I'm not wrong, even the most reliable of the leakers can still get things wrong, they don't bring out official info, so you decide whether to trust them or not, I personally don't believe in any of them even though I like the ideas, I only believe in official information, the web anime itself I was 100% skeptical about it for nearly a year, nowadays I really only believe in the possibility of it existing or having existed because it sounds like something Akio would think about developing imo, but I could be wrong tho.

Also, sonrazor no, Shintani isn't "most definitely involved", that is only a rumour too, as there are also multiple rumours about Kubota returning or even about both of them returning for the same project, and now there's this one about Nakatsuru returning.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:34 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:53 am

oecuf0, who has a pretty good track record, posted a classical DB pic of Kid Goku riding the Flying Nimbus.
Well, this person isn't much reliable, or a troll. They posted several times and has been wrong with time for announcement if anything. I don't trust this person.
When it comes to Dragon Ball it seems like EVERY leaker is unreliable. Even the ones that have good track records for other anime.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 am

Between the Hokuto no Ken remake, the Kinnikuman remake, the return of the Captain Tsubasa remake and some other rumored ones I'm wondering if they're just going to go for an original Dragon Ball remake at this point.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:53 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:30 am

Who is this leaker, and what are they saying?
He's credible for other franchises and leaked quite a few of upcoming titles that got announced afterwards (Fist of the North Star remake being the most recent thing). When it comes to DB, well we didn't have much going until now, so that remains to be seen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:14 am

MuscleRobo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 am Between the Hokuto no Ken remake, the Kinnikuman remake, the return of the Captain Tsubasa remake and some other rumored ones I'm wondering if they're just going to go for an original Dragon Ball remake at this point.
A new adaption of the 1984 comic is pretty much inevitable at this point. The next best time is somewhere between now and 2026 for a new adaption.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:22 am

MuscleRobo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 amBetween the Hokuto no Ken remake, the Kinnikuman remake, the return of the Captain Tsubasa remake and some other rumored ones I'm wondering if they're just going to go for an original Dragon Ball remake at this point.
Dear sweet Dende no, if Super is the best they can do for a mere pair of spinoffs these days, then I don't even want to think about how bad a full-blown reboot or remake would turn out.

Not to mention that it would probably be plagued by a bunch of pointless retcon attempts and other completely unnecessary "tweaks" to the original material. I don't need to be told that the only reason Goku survived his first fight with Tao Pai Pai was because Whis was watching and secretly used telekinesis to nudge the Dragon Ball in Goku's shirt over by two inches, or some other contrived bullshit like that.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:56 pm

Kaboom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:22 am
MuscleRobo wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 amBetween the Hokuto no Ken remake, the Kinnikuman remake, the return of the Captain Tsubasa remake and some other rumored ones I'm wondering if they're just going to go for an original Dragon Ball remake at this point.
Dear sweet Dende no, if Super is the best they can do for a mere pair of spinoffs these days, then I don't even want to think about how bad a full-blown reboot or remake would turn out.
Well, if you saw the new Fist of the Blue Sky reboot with the worst CG I've EVER seen in an anime, yes worse than Berserk 2016 TV, you'd be even more scared! :lol:

In all honesty though the CG in "The First Slam Dunk" was pretty great! It might be something about Tetsuo Hara's style that makes it hard for modern animators to portray on both a budget and the time constraint of how busy they are nowadays but Toei is capable.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:29 pm

All anime based on a comic or light night will inevitably require Animation Character Designers, i.e. an animator who knows what animators need in a character design to be able to easily draw it. For the original Hokuto no Ken animated series that was Suda Masami. Literally trying to replicate the exact lines of the comic is impossible, especially considering how many drawings need to be made for an episode of an animated series. Time and individual styles inevitably come into play with animation, which is why not every episode of Dragon Ball Z looks like Episode #232, for example.

But yeah, that's all to say that a lot of productions now will try to use CG to replicate the 'detailed' look of the original comics. It's a fool's errand, of course, since the CG itself receives little time for the staff to actually make it look good. Dragon Ball Super: Broli, for example, looked so good because it had numerous good animators with a good schedule. That's what an future Dragon Ball production needs to have. Luckily, Toei Animation has gotten better about scheduling and since the end of the 2015-2018 series. Even if a new Dragon Ball can't recruit the number of freelance animators that One Piece can, a proper production schedule—i.e., waiting until you have six months worth of episodes finished before broadcasting the first episode—can definitely help make it easier for a show to look good. Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2020) from Toei Animation and OLM's Pocket Monsters series both acommplished this. Hell, Pocket Monsters maintained this sort of scheduling for nearly it's entire run, with episodes only beginning to struggle to maintain their previous quality due to issues mostly outside of the production's control. This was how we've had Iwane Masaaki ([url=https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=masaaki_iwane+dragon_Ball_Z]a former Dragon Ball animator) solo key animate[/url] so much of Pokemon by himself over the years. Heck, proper scheduling is also how Shida Naotoshi was able to provide so much animation for Dragon Quest: Dai no Dai-Bouken (2020), too.

I'm a lot more confident that a well-produced animated adaption of the 1984 Dragon Ball comic is possible, so long as it is scheduled and given time by the production committee to produce a high-quality piece of work. That's a little more likely now than it was in the middle of Toei Animation greenlighting eight (8) series to air at a single time, all with zero pre-production time to actually finish episodes before broadcast.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:49 pm

I'm confused, which leak has more credibility behind it? The Dragon Ball Remake one, or the "GT, but not GT" one?

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:13 pm

Wait, what? Do you guys really believe that there are leaks that are more "reliable" than others? Like, with all due respect, but don't you guys think there's a possibility that this "GT written by Tori" rumour was something said by a single person, that other "leakers" liked and ended up sharing too? Just changing, removing or adding details to give them more "credibility"? I'm not into this area, so I could be wrong.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:09 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:13 pm Wait, what? Do you guys really believe that there are leaks that are more "reliable" than others? Like, with all due respect, but don't you guys think there's a possibility that this "GT written by Tori" rumour was something said by a single person, that other "leakers" liked and ended up sharing too? Just changing, removing or adding details to give them more "credibility"? I'm not into this area, so I could be wrong.
In all due respect it doesn't seem so impossible, especially if you notice we have been getting LOTS of Kid Goku content in games recently (Kakarot, now a LF in Legends, Super Rare card in SDBH)

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:09 am
Rafa Fast wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:13 pm Wait, what? Do you guys really believe that there are leaks that are more "reliable" than others? Like, with all due respect, but don't you guys think there's a possibility that this "GT written by Tori" rumour was something said by a single person, that other "leakers" liked and ended up sharing too? Just changing, removing or adding details to give them more "credibility"? I'm not into this area, so I could be wrong.
In all due respect it doesn't seem so impossible, especially if you notice we have been getting LOTS of Kid Goku content in games recently (Kakarot, now a LF in Legends, Super Rare card in SDBH)
Not only that, but if I remember correctly, something similar was done in regards to the lead-up to Super Hero, where we were getting more and more R.R.A./Cell-related content from the franchise.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:21 am

COULD IT BE? ARE WE FINALLY GETTING THE REAL, LIVING PROOF OF IT'S EXISTENCE?! LET ME BELIEVE :angel: :angel: :angel:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:48 am

Just as I said this before, both have a chance of happening, I really don't think there is one that is more "reliable" than others.
Rafa Fast wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:14 pm Just saw some sites and several people talking about the possibility that the new project could be a Dragon Ball 86 remake
This made me look back into a few things...

Last year we got a re-release of the show in hd quality
In August we got a DLC about the 23th Tenkaichi Budokai for Kakarot
And now they're making a DB campaign for Legends...

All of these + that logo without a Z or Super...I'm starting to get worried :|
Where is that image from? If it's from the new project...I think it's a remake :(

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:00 pm

That's fake and the series isn't a remake.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:13 pm

Ajay wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:00 pm That's fake and the series isn't a remake.
Thanks for clarifying, and glad to have confirmation on it not being a remake :thumbup:

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:01 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:13 pm
Ajay wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:00 pm That's fake and the series isn't a remake.
Thanks for clarifying, and glad to have confirmation on it not being a remake :thumbup:
Take that with a grain of salt, didn't the last sequel speculation thread get locked because he was so mad his "leak" didn't turn out to be true.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:47 pm

Again, for me everything is a rumour or speculation until a official statement is made, I really don't want a remake but I think it's undeniable that this is a possibility
I think at this point we can all agree that it could be any of these 3: a remake of DB 86, the web anime or a new movie
There is evidence that strengthens the likelihood for each one of the three to be in some sort of production
1: Kubota was interested in working in a remake
2: Akio said that something else besides Super Hero was going to be released in 2022
3: After the release of Super Hero (or was before it, forgot tbh), they already hinted at the production of the "next movie"

Most people are skeptical or losing hope about Super 2, saw a lot of them saying that it's gonna happen only after this new project.
And of course, most also don't believe it's Sparking Zero related or a new game.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:54 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:47 pm 1: Kubota was interested in working in a remake
Well all things considered, that's a decision for an entire company (and then some) to agree on, not for one person to decide.
And seeing how he was interested, giving him a part in a new series with Kid Goku being in it should satisfy him 8)