"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Doesint really matter either way, Vegeta got God Ki without the ritual too. All I'm doing is making a point about Pan's strength at the end of the day.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Noah wrote:Oh I'm also glad Toyotaro did that, sure 17 being strong as a SSJ3 still an absurd to me, but I can tolerate that.
Actually 17 was about to overpower SSJ3 as well, also I find it funny how people say 17 shouldn't be SSJ3 level after a decade of training but are fine with Gohan reaching that in 3 hours of training.
A decade of training? Doing what exactly? Dealing with poachers and taking care of a Island gave him a boost to overcome a level Goku busted his ass seven years in the Afterlife to achieve it? And I'm talking about Boo arc Goku, it's looks even lamer when we consider current Goku.

Also Gohan is a Saiyan and since beginning of Z we know about his great potential, so it's not out of nowhere for him to get strong in a few hours, maybe not God level? Sure, but that's Toei for ya, even Krillin was able to push SSJB Goku.

You may say Toriyama confirmed that 17 has a huge potential, I can take that, but still pretty vague.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:I dont see any worth for Uub anymore. Goku has reached the level of GoD's. Him training Uub really wont change the Status Qou. AT BEST even Uub comes to the level of the Gods. Then what? We already saw like almost no Universe comes close to the level of even Piccolo.. much less someone like Goku...
Really? Uub is already born with the highest potential of anyone under Gods and you think it doesn`t make any sense Goku would want to train him? Take GT out of the way, since Toryama doesn`t consider it a sequel proper, the sky is the limit.

Really glad Uub show up, that was my favorite part of the chapter.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Well that's neat. Wasn't expecting to see little Uub so soon. :)

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Seems Goku just defend against C17.
He never want to attack C17, he just want that the cyborg recognize him.
Seems more or less than SS3 Goku with some serious attacks is enough to beat C17.
When we know that in the Manga SSGOD alone is about 100times stronger than SS3 it seems C17 is a fodder for God levels.

That's seems better compared to C17 anime version.

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Olympian wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:I dont see any worth for Uub anymore. Goku has reached the level of GoD's. Him training Uub really wont change the Status Qou. AT BEST even Uub comes to the level of the Gods. Then what? We already saw like almost no Universe comes close to the level of even Piccolo.. much less someone like Goku...
Really? Uub is already born with the highest potential of anyone under Gods and you think it doesn`t make any sense Goku would want to train him? Take GT out of the way, since Toryama doesn`t consider it a sequel proper, the sky is the limit.

Nah bra has the highest potential now.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:59 pm

I don't think it's going to happen, but I wish Toyo makes Gohan and Piccolo train in the RoSaT. And honestly Tienshinhan and Krillin could do that to, but this is definitely not happening anyway. :lol:

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Supersaiyanbulla wrote:
Olympian wrote:

Nah bra has the highest potential now.
It's a Bra bargain sale.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 pm

What a surprise I did not expect to see Oob! Makes me think Mr.Toriyama might have plans for him in the future, this seems more like a reminder than a reference for the sake of a reference.

The recruitment phase in the manga has become very clear from this chapter. 80% of a chapter dedicated to a big player and the rest recruiting the secondary members. We've had the #17 chapter, the following one seems like the Gohan chapter and lastly the Freeza one. Plus we should have at least one chapter about the other Universes mainly Universe 6. Chapter 35 might be when the tournament begins.

I have to wait for translations to talk about the chapter, there's a bunch of dialogue. I can still comment on #17 apparent power, he's SSJ3 level. That's fine, it's the same as everyone with enough potential post-Cell Games; train for a bunch of years and reach that level. I still need a line from #17 saying he's been training hard all these years.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Noah wrote:Wow, I didn't thought we would get leaks so soon. It seems to be a nice chapter, I'm glad they are condensing the recruitment part of the arc.

OLKv3 wrote:Instead of SSB vs 17, it's SS3 vs 17
Oh I'm also glad Toyotaro did that, sure 17 being strong as a SSJ3 still an absurd to me, but I can tolerate that.
Actually 17 was about to overpower ssj3 aswell. also i find it funny how people say 17 shouldn't be ssj3 level after a decade of training but are fine with Gohan reaching that in 3 hours of training.
That's not really true. Goku wasn't really fighting back and just guarding. 17 thought he was an enemy, and when 17 got truly serious, Goku stopped the fight because he didn't want it to escalate

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Thank God they're going forward with Uub. The manga ending should be the true and definitive no matter what.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Avok wrote:Thank God they're going forward with Uub. The manga ending should be the true and definitive no matter what.
Why should it
Given a lot things have happened before then changing some aspects of eoz isnt gonna hurt anybody

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:Seems Goku just defend against C17.
He never want to attack C17, he just want that the cyborg recognize him.
Seems more or less than SS3 Goku with some serious attacks is enough to beat C17.
When we know that in the Manga SSGOD alone is about 100times stronger than SS3 it seems C17 is a fodder for God levels.

That's seems better compared to C17 anime version.
That's what you want to believe since you seem already ready to downplay him. it was obvious that 17 was dominating Goku and Goku had to use instant transmition. SSJ3 Goku decided to stop the fight looking worried as hell. he could have "defended" himself if he was stronger in that form but i'm sure as hell he isn't. 17 is far above ssj3 in both anime and manga.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Noah wrote:Wow, I didn't thought we would get leaks so soon. It seems to be a nice chapter, I'm glad they are condensing the recruitment part of the arc.

Oh I'm also glad Toyotaro did that, sure 17 being strong as a SSJ3 still an absurd to me, but I can tolerate that.
Actually 17 was about to overpower ssj3 aswell. also i find it funny how people say 17 shouldn't be ssj3 level after a decade of training but are fine with Gohan reaching that in 3 hours of training.
That's not really true. Goku wasn't really fighting back and just guarding. 17 thought he was an enemy, and when 17 got truly serious, Goku stopped the fight because he didn't want it to escalate
"Goku wasn't fighting" pretty sure he was. he got overpowered.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: Actually 17 was about to overpower ssj3 aswell. also i find it funny how people say 17 shouldn't be ssj3 level after a decade of training but are fine with Gohan reaching that in 3 hours of training.
He wasn't. Read the chapter, he doesn't fight back. He just defends himself

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: That's not really true. Goku wasn't really fighting back and just guarding. 17 thought he was an enemy, and when 17 got truly serious, Goku stopped the fight because he didn't want it to escalate
I read it and 17 didn't leave him time to defend himself. Goku was clearly strggeling and it makes perfect sense since 17 was presented stronger than Goku's other forms in anime aswell.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: That's not really true. Goku wasn't really fighting back and just guarding. 17 thought he was an enemy, and when 17 got truly serious, Goku stopped the fight because he didn't want it to escalate
You're acting like Goku was just hanging there having fun with one hand when Goku clearly looked worried the whole time. 17 pushed him back twice and ssj3 Goku decided to end the fight. this wasn't Goku "toying" i hear this excuse all the time when people want to lowball a character.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:08 pm

I don’t even care if 17 is stronger than SS3, this is so much better than Goku going straight to blue for their fight. It works so much better than “Oops, Blue wasn’t necessary but I was excited” or whatever he anime reasoning was.

17 is stronger than everyone except Goku, Frieza, Gohan, Vegeta but still not god level. Way easier to understand that THIS way.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Hahaha that mask thing was that a reference to goten and trunks vs android 18?

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Drellz26 wrote:I don’t even care if 17 is stronger than SS3, this is so much better than Goku going straight to blue for their fight. It works so much better than “Oops, Blue wasn’t necessary but I was excited” or whatever he anime reasoning was.

17 is stronger than everyone except Goku, Frieza, Gohan, Vegeta but still not god level. Way easier to understand that THIS way.
Goku did go Blue against Krillin? So Krillin is blue level? He was just testing them against blue/awesomeness and fear. Thats a logical decision. For the stake of the universe, the anime did better. What the anime did, will prepare the fighters better. Like it or not.

And btw when was the last time Goku won a fight in the manga, jesuss. And ssj3 is again nothing but shit.