"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Chuquita wrote:Tullece isn't necessarily what Kakarrotto would be like though. If anything I think Tullece is more a Raditz analogue. I think Kakarrotto would still have hints of the personality Gokû has, but still be obviously evil.

And I want to see Kakarrotto interact with Gokû and Vegeta now. X3
If Kakarot is part of Champa's team he HAS to get his ass kicked by Vegeta. All those supressed feelings coming out, without the murderous intent of Majin Vegeta would be amazing to see :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:23 pm

pacz360 wrote:Haha sweet :) now we know that goku and vegeta are on beerus team but who else guys like gohan,piccolo and buu seem like good options screw gotenks tho.
Hopefully the other 3 u6 fighters will be new characters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:24 pm

fexus wrote:Wow, this is great. The new chapter is really making me hype for the new arc. They also explained about why Beerus, Champa and Whis, Vados looks alike. But that brings up an interesting question. Are they originally from universe 6 or universe 7? They say that universe 6 and universe 7 is like the back and the front. Does Whis and Vados, Beerus and Champa came from the same universe or do they have some sort of separate dimensions for things like this.
I think the "twins" there could be in the sense of alternate universe counterparts, rather than actual siblings. They go on to describe Universe 6 and 7 as twins too, after all.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Herms wrote:Champa: “Not that. It’ll be a contest between select individuals from each of our universes…
That clarifies everything. I was wondering what word was used to be translated as "humans", as it was probably off.

My guess on the five warriors is: Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and..Gotenks. Yes, there's nothing saying he won't count as one person when fighting, and i really, REALLY doubt the kids will be left out from this.
Maybe Toriyama will pull off something unexpected and Kuririn or Tenshinhan end up going..replacing Gohan, obviously.
Draconic wrote:I don't know but the fact that Champa doesn't even know about Earth makes me think that Earth's warrios are not that strong.
Beerus wasn't aware about anything happening on his Earth, either. Only memory he had from the planet was a distant one about dinosaurs. So that doesn't mean much. And Champa could've been sleeping, too.
sintzu wrote:Hopefully the other 3 u6 fighters will be new characters.
All five will be new characters, Champa and Vados don't count.
Last edited by Araki on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't think it is parallel. Champa isn't parallel to Beerus they're brothers and Valdos isn't Whis' parallel either they're siblings too so I think with this information it is safe to assume universe 6 isn't going to be a parallel universe the layout will probably be the same but everything else will probably be different.
Valdos? That's a man name, what's the pun?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:26 pm

So Vados trained Whis?

That's very interesting.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Vados wrote:“Oh and by the by, me and Whis are also brother and sister.” “Although I have to say that if you wish to compare our strengths, I would be a little bit stronger than my brother.”
I've been saying that since day one :lol:
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Araki wrote:All five will be new characters, Champa and Vados don't count.
Sorry,I meant the other 3 from u7.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Vados wrote:“Oh and by the by, me and Whis are also brother and sister.” “Although I have to say that if you wish to compare our strengths, I would be a little bit stronger than my brother.”
I've been saying that since day one :lol:
Heh well whis did say he trained thousands of years prior i could see them being equal at this point.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:37 pm

pacz360 wrote:Heh well whis did say he trained thousands of years prior i could see them being equal at this point.
Whis said a thousand years passed since Vados trained him, according to Herms.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:38 pm

sintzu wrote:
Araki wrote:All five will be new characters, Champa and Vados don't count.
Sorry,I meant the other 3 from u7.
Nah, i doubt that. Imagine three sets of two unknown characters fighting each other...it probably wouldn't be very exciting.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Heh well whis did say he trained thousands of years prior i could see them being equal at this point.
Whis said a thousand years passed since Vados trained him, according to Herms.
Yeah somethin like that i meant.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Noah wrote: Valdos? That's a man name, what's the pun?
Vados is the name of Female Whis and seems like to be a pun of Calvados. An apple brandy from the France.
Just like Champa (Champagne).

Toriyama's genius! :wink:
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Besides Goku and Vegeta, who would be the most viable candidates? We have Gohan, who is the strongest if he keeps his ultimate form in the F arc, second strongest otherwise; Majin Boo; Piccolo; Goten and Trunks, who may enter as Gotenks but I sincerely doubt that, and Tenshinhan and Kuririn. I'd say Yamcha but at this point, Toriyama probably thinks Roshi is stronger than him. All of them are very, very weak compared to Goku and Vegeta. I hope we don't jump straight into the tournament and have a training arc first, not only to increase the power of the other 3, but also to get to know Universe 6's fighters.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm really excited for this now! I can't wait!
For the five fighters, I'd like to see Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Gotenks. Give the 'Non-God' A Team a chance to shine after a looong time (since the Buu Saga)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Maybe we'll have a qualification tournament with warriors from all over our Universe, so that Beerus can make his pick. Since he's a god, he may ask for deceased warriors and promise to resurrect them.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Doctor. wrote:Besides Goku and Vegeta, who would be the most viable candidates? We have Gohan, who is the strongest if he keeps his ultimate form in the F arc, second strongest otherwise; Majin Boo; Piccolo; Goten and Trunks, who may enter as Gotenks but I sincerely doubt that, and Tenshinhan and Kuririn. I'd say Yamcha but at this point, Toriyama probably thinks Roshi is stronger than him. All of them are very, very weak compared to Goku and Vegeta. I hope we don't jump straight into the tournament and have a training arc first, not only to increase the power of the other 3, but also to get to know Universe 6's fighters.
We will probably have at least one more chapter of preparations before the actual tournament begins. So by the time the anime catches up, the manga is probably going to be only on the second fight or so.
Last edited by Draconic on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm hoping for Android #18 along with Piccolo and Gohan. I like the idea of her and Krillin taking turns fighting, she fought in Bog, he fights in Rof, so it is her turn again. Krillin and Marron can cheer from the sidelines, and it would be a good parallel to the buu arc tournament. I'd love it if they had room for Tenshinhan, too -- but I don't see his being enough of a main character to make it work.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Doctor. wrote:Besides Goku and Vegeta, who would be the most viable candidates?
Freeza still has his body and will be chosen as the wildcard pick. He will then proceed to get stronger as the tournament goes on and will gain the ability to turn blue.

I really just expect the Saiyans to be picked though Goten & Trunks did sit out of F. At this point I don't see the Namekian Book of Legends being anything more than a really odd throwaway line but I do like the idea of that somehow being used to make Piccolo relevant again. Maybe we'll see original characters.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Herms wrote:My translation:

Beerus’ planet
Goku and Vegeta are sparring
It’s after RoF, so they’ve got Whis’ signature on their clothes.

Goku: “I wanna get stronger and fight tons of strong guys!!”
Vegeta: “Hmph!! There’s someone stronger than you right here. Save that talk until after you’ve defeated me!!!”
Goku: “Hah!!!”

Goku punches with his left hand, then unleashes a backhand blow with his right hand, but Vegeta blocks it all and grabs Goku’s leg.

Vegeta: “I’ll be the first to defeat Beerus-sama!”
Vegeta sends Goku flying
Vegeta: “I’m not going to let you stay one step ahead of me forever!”

Vegeta chases at great speed, but Goku teleports behind him. Vegeta kicks, but just hits afterimages, ticking him off.

Vegeta: “Kuh!!!!”
Whis: “This won’t do. Vegeta-san has lost his cool yet again.”

A shadow appears behind him.

Vegeta: “Over there!!!”

But he just punches a tree

Vegeta: “Shit…!!!”
Goku: “I’ve got you now!!!”
Vegeta: “!!”
Vegeta turns into a SSGSS
Whis: “Hm, blue hair.”

He fires a shockwave that sends Goku flying

Whis: “My, my.”
Goku: “Hey that hurt, Vegeta!!! Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was supposed to be off-limits for this match!!! If you’re gonna be a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, then I’ll be one too!!

Goku turns into SSGSS

Vegeta: “Hahaha! That’s just what I was hoping for! Obviously if we’re both Super Saiyan God Super Saiyans, then as an elite I’ll definitely be superior!!”
Goku: “No way, my Super Saiyan God Super…Ow!!! I bit my tongue!!!”
Vegeta: “……”
Goku: “Hey Vegeta, can’t we do something about that long name?”

Whis drops down

Whis: “How about…Super Saiyan Blue?”
Vegeta: “…..”
Goku: “Blue…..”
Whis: “By the way you two, transformations were forbidden in this match. I can’t have you disobeying my training instructions.”

Vegeta averts his eyes, while Goku points at Vegeta as if it’s his fault

Whis: “Are you getting carried away just because you defeated Golden Freeza? Really now…”

Narration: “In fact, a little while before this, the terrible emperor Freeza who had previously terrorized the universe came back to life and attacked Earth. However, after meeting Beerus and Whis, Goku and Vegeta received training from Whis, managing to evolve into Super Saiyan Blue, a form surpassing Super Saiyan God. And so they even managed to defeat the revived Freeza!”

Whis dresses the two up in what looks like spacesuits, and signs his signature on the front.

Whis: “Since you broke your promise, you can wear these vee~eery heavy suits as punishment.”
Vegeta: “I can’t move freely…”
Goku: “Geez, this is your fault, Vegeta!”
Vegeta: “What was that, Kakarot?!”
Goku: “You wanna fight, Vegeta?!”

Whis is about to eat some cup ramen, when Champa and Vados drop in.

Champa: “Who are those two? New pupils? Been a while, hasn’t it Whis?”
Whis: “Why, if it isn’t Champa-sama. What a rare pleasure.”
Vegeta: “Hey, there’s someone who looks like Beerus-sama!”
Goku: “Oh, and there’s a lady who looks just like Whis-san too...”
Whis: “And what brings you here?”
Champa: “Go get Beerus.”
Whis: “He is resting right now, but…Alright, please wait a moment.”
Goku: “Who the heck is this guy? Look s like a fat Beerus-sama.”
Champa: “………….”
Vados: “Hey now! Don’t be so rude. This is Beerus-sama’s twin brother, Champa-sama”

Goku: “Twins!? Really!?”
Vados: “Watch your mouth! He’s the God of Destruction for Universe 6.”
Vegeta: “What!? A God of Destruction!!”
Goku: “!! Wha…Wha?! Who’s stronger, him or Beerus-sama?”
Vados (looking at Champa’s stomach): “Why even ask? Can’t you tell just by looking at his physique?”
Champa: “Vados!!!”
Vados: “Oh! Hohoho…My apologies. By the way, Whis and I are siblings as well. Though I’m a bit more powerful.”
Goku: “Geez, I give up! Seems like there’s tons of guys stronger than me!”
Vegeta: “…Why do you look so happy about it?”
Whis: “Elder Sister, I object! After all, it’s been 1,000 years since you trained me.”
Vados: “Fufufu…Do you want to try me?”
Beerus: “What do you guys want? Did you just come to talk shit?”
Champa: “Hmph! Long time no see, Beerus. Let’s have a showdown like always. Get ready.”
Goku: “Showdown?”

The cup ramen is lined up next to a rectangular egg

Champa: “Hahahahahaha! Is this just hot water poured into a cup?”
Beerus: “What is that?...”
Champa: “Give it a taste! My latest discovery, a boiled Don-Don Bird egg! It’s so tasty, you’ll be at a loss for words.”
Goku: “So by ‘showdown’ he meant a food showdown?”
Whis: “Yes, whenever they meet up it’s always like this.”
Goku: “Darn, I thought I was gonna get to see Beerus-sama’s true power.”
Champa: “Hahah! Well, how is it?! Shocking, right?! Universe 6 definitely has much tastier food! It’s a paradise!”
Beerus: “Fufufu…Just pipe down and eat that, Champa.”
Champa: “……”
*Gulp*
Champa: “Muh…”
Beerus: “Fufufufuffu, well, how is it?”

The two of them greedily devour their food

Champa: “*gulp gulp* *exhales* Hmph, not bad, I suppose…”
Beerus: “You even drank up the soup.”
Champa: “……..Beerus……Where did you get this?”
Beerus: “A planet called ‘Earth’.”
Champa: “Earth?”
Beerus: “It’s not just this. Earth is full of countless tasty things like this!”
Champa: “Hey, Vados! There should be an ‘Earth’ in Universe 6 as well. Find it!”
Vados: “Yes, right away.”
Vegeta: “What’s this ‘Universe 6’ thing they keep mentioning?”
Whis: “Didn’t you know? There are twelve universes in total. Ours is Universe 7.”
Vegeta: “Universe 7? I’ve never heard that…”
Goku: “Now that you mention that, I think I heard this once before…”
Whis: “Champa-sama came from Universe 6. The relationship between Universe 6 and Universe 7 is like a pair of twins; they’re practically the same. They generally come in pairs, like two sides of a coin. So for instance, Universe 1 and Universe 12, or Universe 2 and Universe 11. Any two universes whose numbers add up to thirteen form a pair.”
Vegeta: “I…I didn’t know…”
Goku: “I don’t get this at all. Explain again!”
Vegeta: “…I’ll explain it for you later.”
Vados: “It’s there, Champa-sama. There’s an Earth in Universe 6 as well.”
Vegeta: “What?! There’s really another Earth over there?”
Goku: “……..”
Vados: “But…Unfortunately, there was an idiotic war on our Earth in the past…and it seems the human race was wiped out.”
Champa: “What?!”
Beerus: “Hahhahah, too bad, Champa! So you don’t have any humans left to make super-delicious foods!”
Goku: “Well, I guess that sort of thing does happen. Our Earth has been in all sorts of tight spots! Heck, even Vegeta tried to destroy it.”
Vegeta: “…..Don’t dredge up the past.”
Champa: “Beerus, let’s have a contest….”
Beerus: “Huh? What sort of contest?”
Champa: “If I win this martial arts contest, we’ll trade Earths.”
Beerus: “Hahahahahaha! Me and you, fight?”
Champa: “Not that. It’ll be a contest between select individuals from each of our universes…Yeah, how about a five-person team battle? Members will fight one at a time, and whichever side defeats the opposing team's final competitor wins. Let’s hold a Universe 6 and 7 God of Destruction Invitational Tournament!”
Goku: “(AT LAST!!!)”

Thank you for that! I guess my theory of Beerus and Whis being in laws is gone. It also begs the question of who's the parents? Or did they just come into existence in their own universes? Otherwise one would have to be from another universe then go to their own. Also that 13 thing was actually pretty neat. Makes me think they'll be a reasoning behind it which'll open up a universe 13 possibly.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)