"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:16 am

Caulifla obtaining Super Saiyan before the tournament was most likely in the outline so we will see it. As for Gohan's power-up, we could see the results of his training in the tournament. Same for Kale, she could obtain her form during the tournament but I believe it will be like in the anime to justify her inclusion.
My prediction is that the next chapter ends with Goku meeting Freeza, then the chapter after that will end with the ToP starting. But I can see Toyotaro making it slower.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:29 am

OLKv3 wrote: ...Neither of that has to do with backstory and character motivations at all, it has to do with personality. Both characters you mentioned have the same motivations and source backstory as their manga counterparts. Hit was the same as well. Their personalities change but the their backstories and motivations stayed the same.
I wonder why I even bother sometimes..
Backstory and motive means very little if the personality is seen as inferior. It actually goes to show how having the same base can lead to different results depending on who the writer is.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:17 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Totamo wrote: If this was true, people wouldn't say Jiren is better in the manga than the anime.
Or manga black is worse.
...Neither of that has to do with backstory and character motivations at all, it has to do with personality. Both characters you mentioned have the same motivations and source backstory as their manga counterparts. Hit was the same as well. Their personalities change but the their backstories and motivations stayed the same.
No they are only same at surface level,if we take in depth view,there are significant differences like manga zamasu did not fight goku,the relationship between manga zamasu and black etc.Similarly,mikados post was about pride troopers being like justice league in manga and green lantern corps in anime.
HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: ...Neither of that has to do with backstory and character motivations at all, it has to do with personality. Both characters you mentioned have the same motivations and source backstory as their manga counterparts. Hit was the same as well. Their personalities change but the their backstories and motivations stayed the same.
Backstory and motive means very little if the personality is seen as inferior. It actually goes to show how having the same base can lead to different results depending on who the writer is.
They are only the same at surface level,there are significant differences if you take a in depth view like manga zamasu was not pushed by a goku having power of gods,the relationship between manga black and zamasu etc.Gods are written quite differently than anime.Similarly,mikados post was about manga pride troopers being like justice league and anime ones like green lantern corps.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Didn't scans leak like always about this time? What happen?

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Didn't scans leak like always about this time? What happen?
Scans usually leak on the 17th.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Didn't scans leak like always about this time? What happen?
Only when months are blessed

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 pm

HeroR wrote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.
Again, there's absolutely no reason to believe the manga backstory isn't the same as the anime's, since history has shown us it's never been the case thus far.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Where do the leaks usually come from?
Feels over Reals.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 am

OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Again, there's absolutely no reason to believe the manga backstory isn't the same as the anime's, since history has shown us it's never been the case thus far.
What about Black? In the anime, he kind of created himself while in the manga it was a video he saw.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 am

Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What about Black? In the anime, he kind of created himself while in the manga it was a video he saw.
Nah, it was the same

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 am

Namz wrote:
Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.
Nah, it was the same
Uh, zamasu had to meet goku in the anime before he became black, he never met Goku in the manga so how is that the same.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 am

Yeah, the anime needlessly gave his origin a grandfather paradox, while the manga kept it coherent.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:06 am

Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The backstory of Black is the same in both, Toei just added to it while Toyo stuck to the base script/didn't bother because of time
Both have Zamasu learning about Son Goku, watching him on Godtube, stealing his body, killing him and his family, then jumping to Trunks time. That was in both the manga and anime. Even the exact same conversations between Zamasu and Gowasu leading up to his heel turn were in both versions.
The anime added Black vs Goku and Zamasu vs Goku, to deepen their relationship, but the base backstory that was in the manga was also in the anime.
Hit's was the same way. Hit entered the tournament so he could gain access to Champa's ship
There's no reason to think the Pride Troopers being a rowdy bunch before forming is only a manga thing based off of previous happenings. Not to mention that again, it also lines up with Dyspo acting thuggish when he fights

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:36 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.
The backstory of Black is the same in both, Toei just added to it while Toyo stuck to the base script/didn't bother because of time
Both have Zamasu learning about Son Goku, watching him on Godtube, stealing his body, killing him and his family, then jumping to Trunks time. That was in both the manga and anime. Even the exact same conversations between Zamasu and Gowasu leading up to his heel turn were in both versions.
The anime added Black vs Goku and Zamasu vs Goku, to deepen their relationship, but the base backstory that was in the manga was also in the anime.
Hit's was the same way. Hit entered the tournament so he could gain access to Champa's ship
There's no reason to think the Pride Troopers being a rowdy bunch before forming is only a manga thing based off of previous happenings. Not to mention that again, it also lines up with Dyspo acting thuggish when he fights
goku never met zamasu in the manga, he met future zamasu. there is nothing that says they met.
That addition is what makes it vastly different and its logically dishonest to claim otherwise and you know it. that time paradox changes literally everything about the origin because that means goku black created himself.

by this logic i can say all 4 sagas of dragon ball are the same because they have same formula of good guy beats bad guy

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:40 am

OLKv3 wrote: The backstory of Black is the same in both, Toei just added to it while Toyo stuck to the base script/didn't bother because of time
How do you know that? Last time I checked Toriyama said in a interview just before the black arc started: there are some complicated time travels things but it is a really fun story (or something like). Toei had a complex time travel story the manga not that much.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: The backstory of Black is the same in both, Toei just added to it while Toyo stuck to the base script/didn't bother because of time
How do you know that? Last time I checked Toriyama said in a interview just before the black arc started: there are some complicated time travels things but it is a really fun story (or something like). Toei had a complex time travel story the manga not that much.
They had interviews after that...

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:55 am

Totamo wrote:
Namz wrote:
Totamo wrote: What about Black? In the anime, he kind of created himself while in the manga it was a video he saw.
Nah, it was the same
Uh, zamasu had to meet goku in the anime before he became black, he never met Goku in the manga so how is that the same.
Zamasu could of met Goku OR heard about him and he still would of became Black.
What got Zamasu's attention in both anime and manga was that Goku had power surpassing gods.
The backstories are the same for both.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
The interview also said that Toyo adds stuff to the outline, Toyo just wasn't specific outside of Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Kai Trunks.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 am

HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
The interview also said that Toyo adds stuff to the outline, Toyo just wasn't specific outside of Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Kai Trunks.
I don’t see how adding things is equivalent to removing entire sections of the plot. Toyotaro says he follows the outline very closely so more likely than not if it was in the outline it would be in both. We even have evidence where Toyotaro took notice of a Toriyama note and included in in the story where Toei ignored the note. There’s more evidence to suggest that if Toriyama wrote it, Toyotaro included it.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am

Miracles wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Namz wrote:
Nah, it was the same
Zamasu could of met Goku OR heard about him and he still would of became Black.
What got Zamasu's attention in both anime and manga was that Goku had power surpassing gods.
The backstories are the same for both.
No, in the manga, it was because Goku had a form that was on par with the gods.

In the anime, it was because Goku humiliated him and if Goku had never met him, Black would not exist in the anime. Goku wouldn't even go to zamasu if Black didn't come to the past, its a time paradox.