"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 pm

LightBing wrote:
Miracles wrote:I'm assuming we are gonna get some exposition on the U6 Saiyans. Let's see if Toyotaro can steam up the fandom some more and regurgitate the back tingling. Maybe some Gohan close up.
I'm fairly confident it will be in, it has Mr.Toriyama written all over it. To help the cause it fits with his recent explanation about Super Saiyan.
Yeah, there's no way back tingles won't be in the manga

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 pm

When spoilers are due within 24 hours at the earliest, but you know Toyotaro still won't be up to the Tournament of Power, and the chapter will probably end with the Buu / Frieza revelation :problem: :roll:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 pm

shadowmaria wrote:When spoilers are due within 24 hours at the earliest, but you know Toyotaro still won't be up to the Tournament of Power, and the chapter will probably end with the Buu / Frieza revelation :problem: :roll:
I think is fine that Toyotaro is taking his time with the recruitment, I much a rather have a decently paced manga than a rush job, Heck these chapter don't feel as dragged as the anime or rushed like his previous saga.
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 pm

shadowmaria wrote:When spoilers are due within 24 hours at the earliest, but you know Toyotaro still won't be up to the Tournament of Power, and the chapter will probably end with the Buu / Frieza revelation :problem: :roll:
Didn't the last chapter end with Buu falling asleep?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Didn't the last chapter end with Buu falling asleep?
You're right about that, completely forgot :)

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 pm

The gr wrote:
I think is fine that Toyotaro is taking his time with the recruitment, I much a rather have a decently paced manga than a rush job, Heck these chapter don't feel as dragged as the anime or rushed like his previous saga.
I just wish we had two chapters a month instead of one. He should be far ahead now shouldn't he, since he said he'd be beating the anime?
BlueBasilisk wrote: Didn't the last chapter end with Buu falling asleep?
Yes. So this one should be Frieza's recruitment and Gohan's training. I doubt he does a Tien/Roshi chapter, though I'd like to see one.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 pm

BWri wrote:I just wish we had two chapters a month instead of one. He should be far ahead now shouldn't he, since he said he'd be beating the anime?
He probably meant he'd be ahead of the anime himself rather than the publication. The panels they used in the trailer for the arc back in December 2016 look like they were from the Zen Exhibition Match and those chapters just came out a couple months ago.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Toyotaro is almost definitely finished or finishing the Tournament of Power, and we're likely awaiting more information regarding the next arc. Might explain why he's diong so many doodles

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
BWri wrote:I just wish we had two chapters a month instead of one. He should be far ahead now shouldn't he, since he said he'd be beating the anime?
He probably meant he'd be ahead of the anime himself rather than the publication. The panels they used in the trailer for the arc back in December 2016 look like they were from the Zen Exhibition Match and those chapters just came out a couple months ago.
That's what I was referring to as well. I just would think if he's as far ahead as it appears, that releasing two chapters a month could be very feasible and profitable. But I'm assuming a lot here. Not to mention they'd have to get approved in the magazine it publishes in.

"
shadowmaria wrote:Toyotaro is almost definitely finished or finishing the Tournament of Power, and we're likely awaiting more information regarding the next arc. Might explain why he's diong so many doodles
"
That's the feeling I got as well. IDK, if the ToP goes at a steady and logical pace, then we'll be reading it well into next year at this rate. It ultimately does hurt excitement for the manga that it's that far behind.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 pm

BWri wrote:Yes. So this one should be Frieza's recruitment and Gohan's training. I doubt he does a Tien/Roshi chapter, though I'd like to see one.
And the Universe 6 Saiyans.
Caulifla best girl! :)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 pm

You want to work him to death? He's already putting out almost as many pages per month as the original manga, on average. He also didn't missed a single month yet, if memory doesn't fail me.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 am

LightBing wrote:
You want to work him to death? He's already putting out almost as many pages per month as the original manga, on average. He also didn't missed a single month yet, if memory doesn't fail me.
No not at all. I'm saying, that he appears to be far ahead of where we are now, like possibly several months to a year ahead. So it wouldn't hurt to have more than one chapter a month to quicken the pace. I really don't want to wait a full year to see how Toyotaro does things. As much as I love the manga and what Toyotaro brings to it, it's still essentially the same plot.
Edit: And I'm assuming that he's this far ahead based on his previous statements and the fact that he had bits of the ToP apparently drawn while we were still in the Trunks arc in the anime.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: And the Universe 6 Saiyans.
You think it'll all be in the same chapter? I kinda hope U6 gets its own chapter.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 am

[spoiler]
BWri wrote:
LightBing wrote:
No not at all. I'm saying, that he appears to be far ahead of where we are now, like possibly several months to a year ahead. So it wouldn't hurt to have more than one chapter a month to quicken the pace. I really don't want to wait a full year to see how Toyotaro does things. As much as I love the manga and what Toyotaro brings to it, it's still essentially the same plot.
Edit: And I'm assuming that he's this far ahead based on his previous statements and the fact that he had bits of the ToP apparently drawn while we were still in the Trunks arc in the anime.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: And the Universe 6 Saiyans.
You think it'll all be in the same chapter? I kinda hope U6 gets its own chapter.
[/spoiler]

He still draws each chapter on a month to month basis. He was on twitter a while ago saying he's procrastinating having to finish this month's chapter. He's ahead as in he designs characters and such for the anime, and talks about the outline with Toriyama, but he doesn't have complete chapters sitting there ready to be published months in advance

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 am

Does anyone want a chapter or two dedicated to other universes,I know it will affect the pacing.May be full length special chapter/s.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Does anyone want a chapter or two dedicated to other universes,I know it will affect the pacing.May be full length special chapter/s.
Giving a better introduction to the universes and characters can't hurt so why not. It'll mean taking longer to get to the main event but in the long run when it's over I think it'll result in a better story.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Does anyone want a chapter or two dedicated to other universes,I know it will affect the pacing.May be full length special chapter/s.
I am pretty sure U6 will get at least half a chapter like the Pride Troopers got. Not sure about the others. Perhaps Toyo will make just one chapter for all the others, but I am pretty sure that won't happen and they'll get a page or two.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 am

IM21 wrote:
I am pretty sure U6 will get at least half a chapter like the Pride Troopers got. Not sure about the others. Perhaps Toyo will make just one chapter for all the others, but I am pretty sure that won't happen and they'll get a page or two.
Plus, he'll still have to introduce Ribrianne, everyone's favorite character in Super, am i right, guys? :lol:
Caulifla best girl! :)

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 am

Goku and Freeza looks like they brawled
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh Hai Caulifla
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ToP officially starts next month
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am

Huh, looks like the Gohan stuff won't happen. Seems as if Toriyama never had anything special planned for him at this portion of the story, at least.
Feels over Reals.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 am

Hyped as hell.