"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:27 am

Looks like Frieza is about to burst into tears. What did goku do to him?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 am

Wow, 3 chapters of what was essential 4 months in the anime.

I knew it was basically filler in canon, dammit, toei. I want to defend you but man, we did not need those episodes.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:42 am

OLKv3 wrote:Goku and Freeza looks like they brawled and ToP officially starts next month
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Hmm interested about Goku and Freeza fight then, but the ToP beginning on the next chapter? Kinda rushed for me, but I'll wait for the full content.
Totamo wrote:I knew it was basically filler in canon, dammit, toei. I want to defend you but man, we did not need those episodes.
No as there's no filler/canon in Super. The anime is not based on a manga, I thought everyone knew that already.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:43 am

Totamo wrote:Wow, 3 chapters of what was essential 4 months in the anime.

I knew it was basically filler in canon, dammit, toei. I want to defend you but man, we did not need those episodes.
Hey now, the way they handled Freeza was nice, and Gohan's return to form was cool

Here it looks like only Krillin and the Androids knew that Goku was recruiting Freeza

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 am

Noah wrote:There's no filler/canon in Super. The anime is not based on a manga, I thought everyone knew that already.
Filler as in wasting time before the main event, not filler that's not canon to anything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:53 am

sintzu wrote:
Noah wrote:There's no filler/canon in Super. The anime is not based on a manga, I thought everyone knew that already.
Filler as in wasting time before the main event, not filler that's not canon to anything.
Thank you, good sir.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:54 am

sintzu wrote:
There's the anime textbook way and then there's the logical way :thumbup:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 am

sintzu wrote:
But it wasn't wasting time since many characters got development. Only a few of the stuff like space poachers was really filler.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 am

sintzu wrote:
Enjoyed time is not time wasted.
Feels over Reals.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 am

HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
But it wasn't wasting time since many characters got development. Only a few of the stuff like space poachers was really filler.
The Yurin episode wasn't needed at all

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:59 am

OLKv3 wrote:Goku and Freeza looks like they brawled
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh Hai Caulifla
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ToP officially starts next month
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ok so first off Goku beating and humbling Frieza to that extent is great. I hate Frieza so if Goku caves in his head and beat him into submission to participating I’m all for it.

Second, Caulifa design is what I was hoping for. It looks like they split the difference between an older look and Caulifas 10 year old anime counter part, so I’m much happier.

3, glad they are starting the tournament so soon. The wait was already agonizing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:00 am

OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
The Yurin episode wasn't needed at all
I never said it was. But I did enjoy seeing that Tien has his own school and how this made Roshi finally want to overcome his perverted nature. Granted, we didn't need an entire episode on that.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:01 am

What's agonizing is Bulma in the last panel :silent:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 am

Kanassa wrote:Looks like Frieza is about to burst into tears. What did goku do to him?
Can you see Goku's left hand?
I think that speaks for itself..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am

OLKv3 wrote:Goku and Freeza looks like they brawled
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh Hai Caulifla
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ToP officially starts next month
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wow, Caulifla looks gorgeous in the manga. Very modern-Toriyama like, I wonder if it was Toyotaro who drew this Caulifla. If it was Toyo, props to him. He's definitely improving over time!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 am

Some were expecting to get a RF recap as it didn't show up fully in the manga but I guess that's not happening. It's great to see him move onto the tournament this soon as I can't wait to see how he'll handle everything. I am interested in seeing how he does Goku's fight with Freeza as they both OKed each other in the anime with one hit each.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 am

HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It just lead to more disappointment as fans read to deep into those scenes, scenes we now know did not truly mean anything in terms of plotwise.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 am

Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
It just lead to more disappointment as fans read to deep into those scenes, scenes we now know did not truly mean anything in terms of plotwise.
Based on what? Stuff like U6 Saiyans were important to he story. The same with Frost to a lesser extent. We also got see what the other universes looked like and why U9 still carried that grudged over U7. The only time fans read too deeply is that one scene from U3, and even then U3 was the last universe to go.
Kanassa wrote:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 am

We'll probably get flashbacks mid-tournament relevant to each character to break up the action, so that will be nice. I do now wish the anime had shown Gokuu and Freeza really tear one another up, though.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 am

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Based on what? Stuff like U6 Saiyans were important to he story. The same with Frost to a lesser extent. We also got see what the other universes looked like and why U9 still carried that grudged over U7. The only time fans read too deeply is that one scene from U3, and even then U3 was the last universe to go.
You know what I meant, don't play like krillin wasn't hyped, Gohan wasn't hyped, teamwork was hyped, tactics were hyped. I don't remember one line of that being spoken of in the manga.

These were lies Toei told for what we now know to be no reason.