Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:The new Shisami vs Piccolo is here.
Shisami can be explain though. Toriyama never compares him to Zarbon on his script. He only appears on Earth and is the most powerful mercenary Freeza hired.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:03 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The new Shisami vs Piccolo is here.
Shisami can be explain though. Toriyama never compares him to Zarbon on his script. He only appears on Earth and is the most powerful mercenary Freeza hired.
The movie did though which really doesn't make a lick of sense. Then again, this entire modern DB premise where people holding back can't beat the shit out of the opposition easily and struggle is one I cannot fathom.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:06 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Search Roshi on Twitter.

Good luck explaining this manga fans.
Maybe we will get Yamcha dodging attacks from the Grand Priest in the next arc. It would probably make more sense than whatever Roshi is doing in this chapter.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Search Roshi on Twitter.

Good luck explaining this manga fans.
Maybe we will get Yamcha dodging attacks from the Grand Priest in the next arc. It would probably make more sense than whatever Roshi is doing in this chapter.
Toyotaro just isn't a fan of making sense. It just isn't something he's interested in that's all!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Either Muten has Ultra Instinct Sign, or Jiren is Holding Back(TM) and Muten out-skilled him.

Basically, what Muten did in the anime against the massively stronger than himself's opponent from U4.
Except that instead of keeping getting stronger over time and potentially becoming a threat for Goku&Co, Jiren is ALREADY a threat and just holding back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:11 pm

How the F**K can Mutenroshi keep up with Jiren? Toyotaro is going NUTS!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Lol, I can't wait to read this chapter.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:13 pm

What the hell am I seeing??

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

I honestly see no power scaling issues with a character being able to dodge someone much stronger than them. Strength isn't some linear line. Kame Sen'nin could just excel at dodging. He's still an accomplished and knowledgeable martial artist, after all.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 pm

21st August can't come any sooner! :P

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Omniboy wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Search Roshi on Twitter. Good luck explaining this manga fans.
We can't explain because we don't have the damn context and translations. Wait.
Mate, understand that there's no context to explain about why the heck Kefla who was beating up Goku and Freeza was pummeled by Base Gohan nor how freaking Roshi can keep up with a titan like Jiren.
ZombieVito wrote:So all the manga fans, where's your consistency now?
It was gone long ago when Vegeta fought Black, so no need for addresing that again.
Last edited by Noah on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Gohan beats Super Saiyan Kefla....in Base form? Or is that meant to be his Ultimate Form and he just doesn't have the bang? In which case was Gohan in his Ultimate Form against Beerus in the anime without also having the bang?

Master Roshi holding his own... against Jiren? What's going on? It'll be interesting to read this one.

Looks like Ultra Instinct Omen is a thing though so that's good.
Skar wrote:Shouldn't SSJ1 Kefla be weaker than Buu saga SSJ1 Vegetto? Goku had access to SSJ3 and Vegeta had SSJ2 while Caulifa is only a strong SSJ and Kale had lost a lot of power by the time they fused.
Well no because Super Saiyan Goku + Super Saiyan Vegeta shouldn't be nearly as strong as Super Saiyan Caulifla + Legendary Super Saiyan Kale.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:20 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Exline wrote:And why is Toyotaro suddenly breaking the power scale for this tournament? He was doing such a good job in the earlier arcs.
What? No he didn't.

Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta > Super Saiyan Goku Black > Goku Black > Super Saiyan 3 Goku ~ Super Saiyan 2 Full Power Trunks

^Makes no sense whatsoever. but that is what is shown in the manga.

There's no filler arcs for him to "screw up" fights either so there's a smaller sample size to work with but he had the Black arc's poor power scaling this arc's poor power scaling, he didn't do RoF,the Universe 6 arc he had that ridiculous crap with Vegeta, and then there's next to nothing in the BoG arc that you could try to screw up.

So no, I don't think he ever was doing a good job in the earlier arcs.
Vegeta's SSJ2 is stronger than Goku's three mode which full power SSJ2 Trunks was nearly as strong as and Base Black was greater than That. Toyo carried BOG over into the story.
Last edited by Miracles on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:21st August can't come any sooner! :P
I can't wait for my boy Roshi destroying Jiren and the powerscale.
    Also it looks like we're getting Omen in the manga so that debunks being Toei exclusive.
    Mostly active on discord.

Green_Goblin
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I'll just repeat myself from shortly before on another thread: For some reason they seem to think that the fans want to see more of Roshi fights, as in behind the scenes of Resurrection 'F' and in Tien's recruitment episode (DBS e.89) - NOT considering the power gaps!

Omniboy
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Noah wrote:
    Omniboy wrote:
    ZombieVito wrote:Search Roshi on Twitter. Good luck explaining this manga fans.
    We can't explain because we don't have the damn context and translations. Wait.
    Mate, understand that there's no context to explain about why the heck Kefla who was beating up Goku and Freeza was pummeled by Base Gohan nor how freaking Roshi can keep up with a titan like Jiren.
    People said the same thing when they saw the pride troopers defeating Kale until it was revealed that she was getting weaker. The same might be happening to Kefla. Which is why I said wait till we get context. If we get no explanation, then fair enough, but wait.

MoscoSama
    Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:38 pm

1. It was ultimate gohan, jesus christ the bang was just a visual cue from the anime especially when regular gohan had NO bang, gohan was in his ultimate state vs kafla

2. YR now that we know gohan would solo every arc outside of BoG

GodVegetto91
    Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 pm

I think i speak for everyone here when i say this chapter had the worst powerscaling EVER.

Toyo has completely disqualified himself and any credibility he ever had with this one.

How the hell is ROSHI, dodging most of JIREN’S attacks??

And don’t even get me started on JOBhan winning from Kefla, who’s fusee (Kale) was absolutely dominating last months chapter. And i thought Toyotaro was a Kale wanker. NOT apparently. The powerscaling in this chapter was a joke, even more so than the anime.

MoscoSama
    Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Well clearly the true jobber is JOBfla considering she's a potara fusion of u6 legendary demon saiyan and the prodigy of planet sadala and couldn't even beat a guy who prefers books to studying

dbzfan7
    Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:03 pm

This is the definition of fuck all sense of logic. Gohan going CHAD. He's clearly not base as if he was, he'd go Super Saiyan or whatever and just win that way. Roshi then one ups Gohan's Chadness and goes even further beyond XD. Super was already really stupid but now the manga went full nutcase. Like fuck this arc let's just hurry up and close it XD
    Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!