Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:21 am

The possessed Barry seems to be on Tagoma's level give-or-take. Stronger than Base Gohan, but much weaker than SSJ Gohan.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:17 am

Animelover5487 wrote:The possessed Barry seems to be on Tagoma's level give-or-take. Stronger than Base Gohan, but much weaker than SSJ Gohan.
Gohan is also stronger than he was during the Resurrection 'F' Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:25 am

HeroR wrote:
Animelover5487 wrote:The possessed Barry seems to be on Tagoma's level give-or-take. Stronger than Base Gohan, but much weaker than SSJ Gohan.
Not much. He only trained with Piccolo for a couple of months and then slacked off again.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 am

Animelover5487 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Not much. He only trained with Piccolo for a couple of months and then slacked off again.
We don't know that.

More interesting to me is that Jaco's Macrocosm Cannon was stated to be able to kill Barry. That's quite the power gap from previous weapons we've seen, and stronger than Super Great Saiyaman Beam.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:46 am

Well Base Gohan was supposed to be equal to Tagoma in the Resurrection F saga but then he was supposed to have trained with Piccolo and gotten stronger still.

Just assuming he's currently at that same level of strenght then Barry appeared to be stronger if Gohan had to go Super Saiyan. So stronger than Tagoma.

I don't know where people place current Base Gohan in comparison to Z levels but I'd say Resurrection F Piccolo was possibly around Cell Jr level maybe Base Gohan now is about on par with his Cell Games Super Saiyan strenght and then Barry would be SSJ2 level or so somewhere between Super Perfect Cell to Majin Vegeta.

The preview showed Goku and Gohan sparring and if Goku doesn't completely stomp Gohan then that's going to mess up the power levels something terrible.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:23 am

Bullza wrote:
The preview showed Goku and Gohan sparring and if Goku doesn't completely stomp Gohan then that's going to mess up the power levels something terrible.
If Trunks can be as strong as base Vegeta, i dont see why Gohan cant. Plus, the fight will proly be interrupted.

Also, judging from the preview, Gohan is doing fine vs base Goku. This would also mean Piccolo is easily Buutenks/Buuhan level and that would explain how he did so well vs Frost.

This is how i see it:

RoF Piccolo:Perfect Cell level
Tagoma:Majin Vegeta level
RoF base Gohan:SPC level
ssj Gohan:Mystic Gohan level
U6 arc Piccolo: Buuhan level(thanks to training with Gohan)
ep 30 base Gohan:Buutenks level+

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 am

Sparring isn't the place for going 100% and completely stomping your opponent even if you can. And being a sparring partner doesn't place you on the same level.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 am

Simere wrote:Sparring isn't the place for going 100% and completely stomping your opponent even if you can. And being a sparring partner doesn't place you on the same level.
From u6 tourney, Piccolo>base u6 arc saiyans. base Trunks got as strong as base Vegeta(who is much stronger than u6 arc base vegeta), evident from easily blocking Vegeta's punch. Piccolo and Gohan trained prior to u6 tourney starting and due to that, Piccolo was able to go up against an opponent who without going to his final form was able to equal base Goku.

So i see no problem with base Gohan being able to match base Goku.

But depending on next ep, base Gohan can be weaker, equal or stronger than base Goku. All depends on what happens next ep.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 am

Bullza wrote:The preview showed Goku and Gohan sparring and if Goku doesn't completely stomp Gohan then that's going to mess up the power levels something terrible.
It's funny cause you talk like that would be the first time lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 am

If Trunks can be as strong as base Vegeta, i dont see why Gohan cant. Plus, the fight will proly be interrupted.
It's different with Trunks. We didn't see what he actually did in his life in the 10+ years prior since he was last seen so we can at least plead some ignorance there and come up with our own theories.

With Gohan we know he mostly stopped training. We know that he isn't as strong as he was before and even then as Mystic Gohan he was nowhere near as strong as current Base Goku.

Super Saiyan Gohan was a tiny fraction of Base Goku's strenght in the Resurrection F saga. Goku wrote him off in the Universe 6 saga because all he does now is study. Piccolo made some comment about Gohan to Trunks.

There should be no fight there at all considering how Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks went and they were much weaker back then.

So yeah this has potential to break the power levels the most they have been since Piccolo vs Frost.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:54 am

buutenks wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Also, judging from the preview, Gohan is doing fine vs base Goku. This would also mean Piccolo is easily Buutenks/Buuhan level and that would explain how he did so well vs Frost.

This is how i see it:

RoF Piccolo:Perfect Cell level
Tagoma:Majin Vegeta level
RoF base Gohan:SPC level
ssj Gohan:Mystic Gohan level
U6 arc Piccolo: Buuhan level(thanks to training with Gohan)
ep 30 base Gohan:Buutenks level+
Which Trunks are you talking about? Kid Trunks certainly isn't at Base Vegeta level.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 am

buutenks wrote:
Simere wrote:Sparring isn't the place for going 100% and completely stomping your opponent even if you can. And being a sparring partner doesn't place you on the same level.
From u6 tourney, Piccolo>base u6 arc saiyans. base Trunks got as strong as base Vegeta(who is much stronger than u6 arc base vegeta), evident from easily blocking Vegeta's punch. Piccolo and Gohan trained prior to u6 tourney starting and due to that, Piccolo was able to go up against an opponent who without going to his final form was able to equal base Goku.

But depending on next ep, base Gohan can be weaker, equal or stronger than base Goku. All depends on what happens next ep.
It was never hinted that Piccolo was as strong as Cabba, who was even with base form Vegeta. Piccolo beat on a tired and weakened Frost and even then he only came close to winning by overcharging his special attack.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:54 am

HeroR wrote:
buutenks wrote:

It was never hinted that Piccolo was as strong as Cabba, who was even with base form Vegeta. Piccolo beat on a tired and weakened Frost and even then he only came close to winning by overcharging his special attack.
Frost was still stronger than the Base Saiyans tho evident by Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan,

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Animelover5487 wrote:
Frost was still stronger than the Base Saiyans tho evident by Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan,
Vegeta went Super Saiyan to one-shot Frost and Vegeta wasn't going to humor Frost like Goku did. So that isn't evident of anything.
Kanassa wrote:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Which Trunks are you talking about? Kid Trunks certainly isn't at Base Vegeta level.
He probably means Future Trunks. Super Saiyan Kid Trunks was implied to be weaker than Base Future Trunks so it's unlikely he meant him.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Animelover5487 wrote: Frost was still stronger than the Base Saiyans tho evident by Vegeta turning into a Super Saiyan,
SS was required to end frost in a punch..
Similarly goku transformed to force frost to transform too..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Bullza wrote:
It's different with Trunks. We didn't see what he actually did in his life in the 10+ years prior since he was last seen so we can at least plead some ignorance there and come up with our own theories.

With Gohan we know he mostly stopped training. We know that he isn't as strong as he was before and even then as Mystic Gohan he was nowhere near as strong as current Base Goku.

Super Saiyan Gohan was a tiny fraction of Base Goku's strenght in the Resurrection F saga. Goku wrote him off in the Universe 6 saga because all he does now is study. Piccolo made some comment about Gohan to Trunks.

There should be no fight there at all considering how Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks went and they were much weaker back then.

So yeah this has potential to break the power levels the most they have been since Piccolo vs Frost.
If base Gohan and Goku are even and Gokus base is still > SSJ3 Gotenks I'm going to be sick to my stomach, the only thing that may actually make me vomit is watching people come up with excuses on why it makes perfect sense and some of the best written anime plot they've ever seen...

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:35 am

It'd be a blood bath. If Base Gohan puts up a better fight than SSJ3 Gotenks then people will say that Gohan must have regained his Mystic powers but that wouldn't make too much sense because Gohan just transformed into a Super Saiyan in the last episode and even then he should still be too weak.

There will be some kind of talk about Base Gohan being God level. Base Goku not actually being God level. The two base theory will come back with a vengeance.

Gohan needs to use Super Saiyan and then needs to be that weak that Goku hardly tries and gets bored from it so moves on to Krillin for it to make any sense.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:07 am

^ gets bored of SSJ Gohan and moves on to Krillin??? Gohan fans would be out for blood if that happened especially after the Piccolo wilderness training troll. Hmm its not 4th of July but I'll definitely be around to watch the fireworks in here.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 am

Can you guys imagine how strong Merged Zamasu would become if he were possesed by Watagash?