What Do You Think The Super Dragon Balls Will Be

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: What Do You Think The Super Dragon Balls Will Be

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 pm

My guess is that each universe has one super dragon ball, and someone is going to steal the super dragon ball from universe 7, prompting Goku and Vegeta to follow them to universe 6.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Considering that we've seen a 9-star ball, I do have to wonder if there might be one for each of the twelve universes.

As for their size -- maybe they're relative to the size of the universe? Like say... since Universe 7 has four galaxies, its ball wouldn't be very big, while a super small universe with only one galaxy would have a tiny ball and a much larger universe with hundreds/thousands/millions of galaxies would have a huge ball.
It'd be cool if each one gave the user an ability, like the Talismans from Jackie Chan Adventure. The Super Su Xing Qiu of invincibility, etc.
I actually had a dream sorta-similar to this, where a set of (weirdly tiny) Dragonballs each had some power that you'd have as long as you had it on your person (along with each one boosting your overall power level... two or three of them bringing a relatively normal human fighter up to #16's level.) There were some fairly normal abilities like regeneration and immortality in there, but there was also one that let you turn hundreds of people into Android #17/#18-style cyborgs at will, weirdly enough.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:40 pm

NeoKING wrote:
emperior wrote:No "earth is going to explode" GT bullshit, please. It made no sense and then they still found a way to save earth by going to another planet. Lame.
I hope Toriyama creates a good plot around them.
It made perfect sense, though. The count got restarted when Baby used them again to recreate the New Tsuffle Planet. It took Goku and co. forever to actually find them. Another space adventure would've been boring.
It did not restart. It was never brought to the right place by Dende because he was corrupted. How would they lose one other year after the counter was restarted? If anything the timer froze and then was running again which does make less sense than the first sense that was implied anyway.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:28 pm

Juding by Toriyama comment, I don't like that they will be even bigger than Namekian Dragon Balls.
Besides the different size and a different green dragon, I don't see them be any different.

But seeing the nine-star DB in manga promo art, if the DBs number changes in each universe, it would be interesting.
UpFromTheSkies wrote:My guess is that each universe has one super dragon ball, and someone is going to steal the super dragon ball from universe 7, prompting Goku and Vegeta to follow them to universe 6.
I love this thought and I approve this. I could see this is what Champa and Whis Waifu are looking for in chapter 2 while Beerus/Whis are distracted.
Better idea than having all Super Dragon Balls in Universe 6, which is probably what we are gonna get...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

iop890
Not-So-Newbie

Post by iop890 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 am

My question is, who made them? I thought dragon balls were a Namekian thing.

I really hope they weren't made by Namekians in universe 6, because I'd like the universes to be completely different, not just alternate dimensions with their own versions of everything in universe 7.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 am

What I'm wondering is how much bigger than the Namekian db's will they be? Car-sized? House-sized? Will they be so big they'll have to capsulize them in order to easily bring them along?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 am

I want them to be comically big to where we get a surprised reaction from Goku and the gang at their size, but not absurdly inconvenient to drag around that they literally hold back the arc. A lot of GT and Z's filler material suffered from Toei gags and characterizations where characters forgot how to fly and stuff or Chi Chi is only a bitch and Roshi is only a pervert. Chi Chi and Roshi have (sadly) already fallen into those roles for Super, so I don't really want the orbs to cause any sort of similar "Toei" problems.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:50 am

Something tells me the Super DBs will be hilariously weaker than the regular DBs because of Trolliyama.
"I figured, with a name like 'Super Dragon Ball,' you'd think they are much more powerful, right? But there already existed a set of stronger Dragon Balls before*! So, I decided to make them limited in power this time around as to betray the viewers expectations!"

- Akira Toriyama, Hyper Mega Ultra Zettaishu Exciting Guide Illustration Book Promotional Comic #7
*Typical Herms footnote explaining that he may be referring to the Namekian DBs or the Black Star DBs and doesn't make it clear as to which he's leaning towards.

Instead of going an Infinity Gem-route, expect gags.
Last edited by NeoKING on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:07 am

NeoKING wrote:Something tells me the Super DBs will be hilariously weaker than the regular DBs because of Trolliyama.

"I figured, with a name like 'Super Dragon Ball,' you'd think they are much more powerful, right? But there already existed a set of stronger Dragon Balls before*! So, I decided to make them limited in power this time around as to betray the viewers expectations!"

- Akira Toriyama, Hyper Mega Ultra Exciting Guide Illustration Book Promotional Comic #7

*Typical Herms footnote explaining that he may be referring to the Namekian DBs or the Black Star DBs and doesn't make it clear as to which he's leaning towards.

:lol: Nice one! I hope that's the choice the author makes. He could also have them super small in size but with powerful wishes.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:10 pm

LightBing wrote:
NeoKING wrote:Something tells me the Super DBs will be hilariously weaker than the regular DBs because of Trolliyama.

- Akira Toriyama, Hyper Mega Ultra Exciting Guide Illustration Book Promotional Comic #7

:lol: Nice one! I hope that's the choice the author makes. He could also have them super small in size but with powerful wishes.
He already confirmed they're ginormous.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:00 pm

I want there to be one Super DB in every universe, and the reason universe 7 has dragon balls is because the Namekians found the Super DB of universe 7 and made a wish on it. After this the Namekians tried to replicate the Super DBs power, but could only do so by making 7 dragon balls (in my head it needs to be 7, or else it wouldn't work). My theory needs a bit of ironing out, and I have no clue how they are capable of making DB's in the first place. :P

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:I want there to be one Super DB in every universe, and the reason universe 7 has dragon balls is because the Namekians found the Super DB of universe 7 and made a wish on it. After this the Namekians tried to replicate the Super DBs power, but could only do so by making 7 dragon balls (in my head it needs to be 7, or else it wouldn't work). My theory needs a bit of ironing out, and I have no clue how they are capable of making DB's in the first place. :P
That would be kinda cool if this leads to a dragonball origin story. I mean their power is kind otherworldly, doesn't really make sense that a mere slug race would have that much power.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Guys what if Champa is the one who ravaged the original Namekian population

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Guys what if Champa is the one who ravaged the original Namekian population
That would be a very interesting retcon.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Guys what if Champa is the one who ravaged the original Namekian population
That'd be sweet. It'd be a great reason for piccolo to get back into the game with a new "god" power and fight on Goku/Vegeta level.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Ushabtis wrote:
That'd be sweet. It'd be a great reason for piccolo to get back into the game with a new "god" power and fight on Goku/Vegeta level.

Exactly! HE has someone inside of him named God,this god ki stuff is a good way to make some great characters useful again, like Piccolo or Tien. Give him his own race or something based around his 3rd eye giving him divinity and BOOM! One of THE best characters is powerful enough to contend with Goku once again!
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 am

It would be interesting if Piccolo has some kind of power-up linked to the Super DBs.

What if, going with the "one in each universe" theory, each universe's Super Dragon Ball is what sustains that universe's inhabitants ability to create Dragon Balls? If it's removed, all the regular DBs in their universe become inert until it's returned? (Meanwhile if more than one are gathered in a single universe, the normal DBs in that universe become more powerful.)
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:16 am

Captain Space wrote:It would be interesting if Piccolo has some kind of power-up linked to the Super DBs.

What if, going with the "one in each universe" theory, each universe's Super Dragon Ball is what sustains that universe's inhabitants ability to create Dragon Balls? If it's removed, all the regular DBs in their universe become inert until it's returned? (Meanwhile if more than one are gathered in a single universe, the normal DBs in that universe become more powerful.)
SPOLIER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CHAPTER 2 OF DRAGONBALL SUPER!

What if the reason Champa Is being so roundabout with Beerus is he's trying to steal the dragonball of universe 6?
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:14 am

Plot twist: the Super Dragon Balls are related to the "Original" Dragon Ball that is told about in filler.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Everything is pointing to them being the Namek balls.