The Son Goku statue at the end of GT

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

The Son Goku statue at the end of GT

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:23 pm

Okay as some of you may know I recently watched GT and I liked it and I LOVED the ending, however one thing stuck out to me. Why was there a Son Goku statue at the tourment ? Now the reason why the say there is because "Son Goku gave us many great battles" which makes little sense because Tenshinhan, Krillin and Jackie Chun also gave us many great battles, so why just Goku was their a statue for. Hell arguably Gokus greatest fight was seen by like 8 people.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The Son Goku statue at the end of GT

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:29 pm

I always thought Satan asked them to built it, out of respect for Goku.
Despite everything, he knew who the real hero was. :wink:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh man I like that idea. :thumbup:
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:55 pm

After our savior, Goku, ascended beyond mortality, the necessity to continue sucking him off in the world of the peasants (non-Gokus) caused a massive earthquake. After days of turmoil, there it was, a monument to fap off to for all eternity.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:21 pm

I think it's an acknowledgement that Goku and co. got some due as heroes after the Evil Dragon arc. Or you can read it as some of his early accomplishments such as defeating Piccolo at the Tenkaichi Budokai coming to light.

I've always liked it, and it's not wildly out of line given Goku's history with the tournament. There's a lot of rebuilding left to be done before the 100-year timeskip, and Mr. Satan is firmly on their side and quite calmed down by that point.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:43 pm

I always thought it was odd that the general population didn't know or remember Goku when the guy was in 3 tournaments and got to the finals each time. And this is on top of the fact that King Furry recognized him for killing King Piccolo and saving the world.

ss4songoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by ss4songoku » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:56 pm

soppa saia people wrote:Okay as some of you may know I recently watched GT and I liked it and I LOVED the ending, however one thing stuck out to me. Why was there a Son Goku statue at the tourment ? Now the reason why the say there is because "Son Goku gave us many great battles" which makes little sense because Tenshinhan, Krillin and Jackie Chun also gave us many great battles, so why just Goku was their a statue for. Hell arguably Gokus greatest fight was seen by like 8 people.
Because GT = Goku time lol

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 pm

I always assumed that at some point (maybe after Mr. Satan's final retirement from the tournament scene?), they built a statue of each former winner of the tournament. So presumably there's also statues of Devilman, Jackie Chun, Tenshinhan, and many others elsewhere as well.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Because the world knows the hero that saved them? I mean he did help people leave Earth as it was exploding. Surely somebody somewhere asked around and was informed of everything Goku did for people.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 pm

In Gt didnt everyone learn who the true heroes were? I remember they all happily gave up the energy for the Spirit Bomb without anything from Mr. Satan.
Goku was the hero at the end so they built a statue for him. at least that's how I always thought.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:53 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Because the world knows the hero that saved them? I mean he did help people leave Earth as it was exploding. Surely somebody somewhere asked around and was informed of everything Goku did for people.
Then why just at the tourment ? You think that would a world monument.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:56 am

I think it's a good hommage to the 2 heroes of world, may be Pan ask to built Goku's statue with Satan.
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:00 am

Most likely after GT, Mr. Satan probably got credit from saving the world again and ask to make a statue of Goku in honor.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:19 am

precita wrote:I always thought it was odd that the general population didn't know or remember Goku when the guy was in 3 tournaments and got to the finals each time.
The 3 tournaments Goku took part were very small, compared to how it looked after Satan's reign (they even make an observation about that). Besides, Goku was still a kid in the first two - in the third one, his biggest fight was barely seen, as people mentioned.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:44 am

I always figured Mr. Satan funded/requested it. He knows the truth, he can vouch for Goku as a Budokai champion, plus their kids are married, so from a publicity standpoint, it looks like martial arts royalty that two champions' kids ended up together. Someone else also brought up the moving of the entire planet to the new Earth, so that just adds a little more fuel.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki