Cell saga, last arc where every character is well utilized?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Cell saga, last arc where every character is well utiliz

Post by precita » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:14 am

You know I also have to appreciate that Tien and Yamcha appeared at the Cell games. They simply could have stayed home or not shown up, but I loved the fact that they were there. Not only because they had to fight when the Cell Jr's attacked, but also in the anime they fire their energy attacks at Cell.

Considering this is the last arc where Tien and Yamcha are a major part of the cast, its a good sendoff for them.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 am

I've always thought this. It's strange that more of the cast is utilised in Cell than on Namek, despite there being a larger cast to work with. There were only 4 people who went to Namek, and yet Bulma was almost completely useless.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Namek was literally just Gohan/Krillin/Vegeta the whole time until Goku showed up. Even when Piccolo appears he's only really used to fight Freeza's second form and that's about it.