Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Interesting that he's on #131 instead and that Yamamuro is supervising.

Guess #130 is probably Manabe and Tate then.

Also #131 seems a bit much for a wrap up episode especially with Yamamuro stepping up we know they aren't thin on supervisors... So maybe there is more to it then a typical wrap up episode. They did also blank out EoZ Goku merch so maybe there is one more surprise left?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Interesting that he's on #131 instead and that Yamamuro is supervising.

Also #131 seems a bit much for a wrap up episode especially with Yamamuro stepping up we know they aren't thin on supervisors... So maybe there is more to it then a typical wrap up episode. They did also blank out EoZ Goku merch so maybe there is one more surprise left?
I wonder why would they put Takahashi on episode 131. It seems for them to do that.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:54 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Interesting that he's on #131 instead and that Yamamuro is supervising.

I wonder why would they put Takahashi on episode 131. It seems for them to do that.
Like UI I am getting all suspicious again something is going down in #131 given the staff list and the fact they're blanking EoZ Goku (Herms said they're teasing Goku's new form in the pic but we can clearly see EoZ dogi even ignoring he is base otherwise they would have used regular gi) despite the fact they recently showed EoZ Goku no problem.

Of course it could be just that they want to end DBS off on a memorable note and it is just a regular wrap up episode but I can't help feel suspicious now.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

Like UI I am getting all suspicious again something is going down in #131 given the staff list and the fact they're blanking EoZ Goku (Herms said they're teasing Goku's new form in the pic but we can clearly see EoZ dogi even ignoring he is base otherwise they would have used regular gi) despite the fact they recently showed EoZ Goku no problem.

Of course it could be just that they want to end DBS off on a memorable note and it is just a regular wrap up episode but I can't help feel suspicious now.
I hope that there is some link to the EoZ before Super ends.
Majinwarman

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Ishitani, Yamamuro and Takahashi together on the final episode? Sounds like it could be something pretty big with those names attached. Surely they wouldn't use Takahashi for a simple wrap-up episode?

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Isn't there by any chance the last episode is gonna be a 1hr special or something?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

cuartas wrote:Isn't there by any chance the last episode is gonna be a 1hr special or something?
IIRC, One Piece is still scheduled for its usual time that day, so most likely not.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:08 pm

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY SOME GOOD UI GOKU ART:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY SOME GOOD UI GOKU ART:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like silver haired Ultra Instinct 10 times more now
Get Fucked, C_unt

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:05 pm

I'm glad to see that Ishitani is making her debut as episode director. I hope she turns in a good episode and reigns in Yamamuro, especially if Takahashi is going to be working on the episode. I guess we're in for another Disk Wars: Avengers Episode #51 where the A-Part had wrapped up the final fight. I hope this means that Takahashi is doing a lot of work on the same level as Episode #13. I'm really hoping Ishitani tells Yamamuro not to fuck with the genga of good animators.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Ishitani, Yamamuro and Takahashi together on the final episode? Sounds like it could be something pretty big with those names attached. Surely they wouldn't use Takahashi for a simple wrap-up episode?
I personally what to see how Ishitani deals with directing a full episode this time around. I enjoyed her half on episode 107 and wonder if she can do the same with 131. I think that she could be up and coming director for the future.
Majinwarman

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 am

Maybe the "Super Shenlong" summoning is going to be differently animated this time?
That and maybe eoz Goku to appear too.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:39 am

More preview images for Episode 129:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The first two images scream Karasawa.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:53 am

Lord Beerus wrote:More preview images for Episode 129:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The first two images scream Karasawa.
Yep, that is definitely Karasawa, I'm 150% sure thats him.

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 am

Wow,Karasawa's Goku and Jiren is Takahashi tier.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

Man, I feel like Karasawa's going to blow us all away tonight, much like he did during the Black arc when he was our go-to supervisor. The guy's the absolute king of hands. Seriously looking forward to seeing how his art's developed. He was looking super hot during 121. Hope to see more of that!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:31 am

Wonderful work from Karasawa, my only gripe is that Jiren's eyes look to big IMO.

Could someone upload the new leaked Mastered Ultra Instinct image from Herms' twitter? I would upload it but for some reason I'm having trouble with Imgur.

Speaking of that shot, it has Yamamuro all over it. Will he be contributing some KA in 129 too?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:11 am

dbgtFO wrote:Maybe the "Super Shenlong" summoning is going to be differently animated this time?
That and maybe eoz Goku to appear too.
Maybe they'll have Takahashi animate Super Shenron being summoned! :D He deserves a lot better than the shitty scale tool treatment he got the first time.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 pm

That goku pose has to be the most badass shot of him I've ever seen in the series

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Takahashi being in episode 131 and under Yamamuro's supervision...What's happening with this timeline?! :roll:
I have no idea what episode 131 will cover now.