Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 am

Ajay wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Who animated that punch by Jiren?
This is all Naoki Tate's work.
Thanks for the information.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

Do episodes go into production not in order? Perhaps Itai was working on this episode before the other one, same for Ishikawa next week and would explain why their work is a lot better than that episode.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 am

Ajay wrote:
No wonder he's the best animator on the staff
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:54 am

Seeing how they're doing everything to not leak UI Goku, it would suck if it got leaked via those FujiTV previews...

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seeing how they're doing everything to not leak UI Goku, it would suck if it got leaked via those FujiTV previews...
He won't look different than what he looked before, so how would he get leaked? We got character designs for shirtless UI Goku and he's no different than before.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seeing how they're doing everything to not leak UI Goku, it would suck if it got leaked via those FujiTV previews...
He won't look different than what he looked before, so how would he get leaked? We got character designs for shirtless UI Goku and he's no different than before.
But, it would be cool if they still wait until the episode to show us.
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Ajay wrote:
No wonder he's the best animator on the staff
He is the second best after Shida. Takahashi is a freelancer animator so he doesn't count.
Majinwarman

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

emperior wrote:
It's because we'll get Goku Blanco, so they aren't allowed to reveal it just yet 8)
Or maybe not, but it could be it will be slightly different from before and thus they don't want to spoil it?
Otherwise it may just be a marketing ploy, where they act like this is something new, when it's just shirtless UI Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote:
It's because we'll get Goku Blanco, so they aren't allowed to reveal it just yet 8)
Or maybe not, but it could be it will be slightly different from before and thus they don't want to spoil it?
Otherwise it may just be a marketing ploy, where they act like this is something new, when it's just shirtless UI Goku.
Nope. Shirtless UI "Omen" Goku is being shown but UI Goku is being blanked example:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prize A 20cm blanked. double chance Prize 16.5cm blanked. Last one version Prize 16.5cm shown which is Omen Goku.

At the end of #116 the narrator flat out say "will Goku attain ultra instinct?". Not "again". Further implying what we saw wasn't UI.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

majinwarman wrote:He is the second best after Shida. Takahashi is a freelancer animator so he doesn't count.
We found out recently that Shida's actually also a freelancer, so by that logic, he wouldn't count either ^.^
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Ajay wrote:
majinwarman wrote:He is the second best after Shida. Takahashi is a freelancer animator so he doesn't count.
We found out recently that Shida's actually also a freelancer, so by that logic, he wouldn't count either ^.^
Really?!
Majinwarman

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote: He won't look different than what he looked before, so how would he get leaked? We got character designs for shirtless UI Goku and he's no different than before.
Nope. Shirtless UI "Omen" Goku is being shown but UI Goku is being blanked example:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prize A 20cm blanked. double chance Prize 16.5cm blanked. Last one version Prize 16.5cm shown which is Omen Goku.

At the end of #116 the narrator flat out say "will Goku attain ultra instinct?". Not "again". Further implying what we saw wasn't UI.
You are right. This scan is basically proof that there will be a further change, or else why would they release two different figures of shirtless UI Goku?
There's also this figure: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] that also hasn't been revealed yet, which add fuels to the speculation.
Right now my theory is that the UI Omen we saw so far was designed by Toei, and the mastered UI we will see will be the form designed by Toriyama and will probably have silver hair and completely silver eyes.
The figure I posted above also seems to follow Toriyama's new art-style, look how sleek Goku seems to be there.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: It's because we'll get Goku Blanco, so they aren't allowed to reveal it just yet 8)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

You are right. This scan is basically proof that there will be a further change, or else why would they release two different figures of shirtless UI Goku?
There's also this figure: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] that also hasn't been revealed yet, which add fuels to the speculation.
Right now my theory is that the UI Omen we saw so far was designed by Toei, and the mastered UI we will see will be the form designed by Toriyama and will probably have silver hair and completely silver eyes.
The figure I posted above also seems to follow Toriyama's new art-style, look how sleek Goku seems to be there.
But if that is the case, then why did they did that for?!
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Ajay wrote:
Really?!
Surprisingly yes. Fortunately for us, he seems to have a strong bond with Toei.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Ajay wrote:
Really?!
Surprisingly yes. Fortunately for us, he seems to have a strong bond with Toei.
When did this information come out? I would really like to know.
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 pm

majinwarman wrote: When did this information come out? I would really like to know.
In the middle of so many stupid questions people have been asking on his twitter, a few have led to some insightful answers. That's one of them.
The other is that there isn't bathrooms on Toei.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
majinwarman wrote: When did this information come out? I would really like to know.
In the middle of so many stupid questions people have been asking on his twitter, a few have lead to some insightful answers. That's one of them.
The other is that there isn't bathrooms on Toei.
Thank you!!
Majinwarman

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:05 pm

majinwarman wrote:
emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nope. Shirtless UI "Omen" Goku is being shown but UI Goku is being blanked example:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Who knows. It could be that it was Toriyama's idea to have Goku attain an uncompleted Ultra Instinct midway through the tournament, but the way the whole thing was handled I actually think that introducing UI mid-tournament was Toei's idea all along to hype up UI furthermore, and Toriyama obviously approved it. I say this because the way Goku vs Jiren went in Episode 109 was just way too similar to the Freeza fight, and I doubt that was Toriyama's idea to replicate the exact same scenario. I also think the UI Omen design was handled only by Toei, and maybe they based it off from Toriyama's design of the mastered UI. I believe this because Yamamuro usually traces Toriyama's designs and the UI we got looked very Yamamuro and not much Toriyama, in my opinion.

I think it was a good call from Toei to use UI earlier if the outline only had Goku achieve UI in the last few minutes. Not because of the narrative, which wouldn't really change much, but, because of Super ending at episode 131, it would have been a shame if UI only appeared in 1-2 episodes at the end.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:09 pm

emperior wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
emperior wrote: You are right. This scan is basically proof that there will be a further change, or else why would they release two different figures of shirtless UI Goku?
Who knows. It could be that it was Toriyama's idea to have Goku attain an uncompleted Ultra Instinct midway through the tournament, but the way the whole thing was handled I actually think that introducing UI mid-tournament was Toei's idea all along to hype up UI furthermore, and Toriyama obviously approved it. I say this because the way Goku vs Jiren went in Episode 109 was just way too similar to the Freeza fight, and I doubt that was Toriyama's idea to replicate the exact same scenario. I also think the UI Omen design was handled only by Toei, and maybe they based it off from Toriyama's design of the mastered UI. I believe this because Yamamuro usually traces Toriyama's designs and the UI we got looked very Yamamuro and not much Toriyama, in my opinion.

I think it was a good call from Toei to use UI earlier if the outline only had Goku achieve UI in the last few minutes. Not because of the narrative, which wouldn't really change much, but, because of Super ending at episode 131, it would have been a shame if UI only appeared in 1-2 episodes at the end.
Let's wait and see if that is true or not in a few weeks from now. We will have all the answers we need when those episodes come out and we can confirm your theory.
Last edited by majinwarman on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:11 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
emperior wrote:
Let's not bring up Gohan Blanco or any Blanco.
Majinwarman