"Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Fusions" Official Discussion Thread

Post by FreddleFrooby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:This is Gomasu, the EX fusion of Kid Goku and Zamasu:

So, besides colors, is that how a potential Merged Zamasu that didn't have Black as a SS Rosé would look like? Quite nice.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Well, sometime ago I asked in the Dragon Ball Heroes thread that since Goku Black (base) and Zamasu can fuse if that should tell us something. People who answered me said that it doesn't. So maybe even if Goku Black was in his base form, Merged Zamasu would still have the hair seen in the series, just like what it is in Dragon Ball Heroes.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:17 am

Anyone notice how melee moves do more damage than ki moves? I think it's to balance things out if I had to guess with melee you only hit one person while with ki you can potentially hit multiple....probably a balancing thing and why I picked SSJ4 fusion over Blue. Blue has slightly better ki, defense, and luck, while SSJ4 has better Melee. Though SSJ4 has significantly better melee if more ki moves are used for Blue and vice versa. The difference outside their attack stats is pretty small. Though since Hell Smash seems to more like KO then Angry Smash and Limit Break x10 and Galick Kamehameha are guaranteed to kill, seems SSJ4 may fit me better. Though if I just went all ki and had Limit Kamehameha...perhaps I should stick with Blue then.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

I ended up restarting the game with a new character (switched from a female Saiyan to a female Offworlder), and I was wondering where it's possible to change your type. I know they ask you at the beginning, then again right after the Nappa fight (or at least, it was Nappa for Power), but are you able to later on, or are you stuck with what you chose the second time?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I ended up restarting the game with a new character (switched from a female Saiyan to a female Offworlder), and I was wondering where it's possible to change your type. I know they ask you at the beginning, then again right after the Nappa fight (or at least, it was Nappa for Power), but are you able to later on, or are you stuck with what you chose the second time?
You need the Dragon Balls.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:45 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:You need the Dragon Balls.
Ah, okay. That's disappointing, but thanks for the answer. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:14 pm

And now I have completed all of the training for Dragon Ball Fusions. I really want the Zamasu, Vegetto Blue, Black stuff right now.....ugh it better come out in the january update.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi all! First post on Kanzenshuu! :D

Some might recognize me from the GameFaqs for this game. But for those (and most) unaware, I am in the process of attempting to do a good chunk of the Streetpass "Freeform Fusions" for the game.

Here is a link to my Photobucket gallery that will be updated fairly regularly with new photos. I'll be setting up a stickied request thread over on GameFaqs once I've unlocked everyone.

http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MKCSTE ... t=3&page=1

For those wondering how I'm doing it, I own two copies of the game and own two 3DS consoles (no I didn't buy another one for this game, I owned one for a while then upgraded to a 2DS when that came out), and every 8 hours or so the two consoles can StreetPass each other.

Here are the one's I've done so far:
18 x Pan
Gine x Pan
SSJ4 Goku and Bardock
Goku x Turles
Turles x Bardock
Videl x Bulla (Bra)
Broly x Bardock
Magetta x Cooler
Cell x Cooler
Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) x Bardock
Raditz x Bardock
Towa x 18
SSJ Bardock x 18
SSJ Goku x Supreme Kai
Golden Frieza x Cooler
Super 17 x 18
SSJ3 Vegeta x SSJ3 Broly
Vegeta x Turles
SSJ Goku x Mira
Magetta x Nova Shenron

Both variants of each are in the gallery. So when viewing the gallery, you'll see images titled in the URL like so:

18 x Pan
Pan x 18

The first name denotes the "initiator" who determines the appearance of the fusion.

Enjoy! Looking forward to being a part of the community on here! :)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:46 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:[spoiler]Hi all! First post on Kanzenshuu! :D

Some might recognize me from the GameFaqs for this game. But for those (and most) unaware, I am in the process of attempting to do a good chunk of the Streetpass "Freeform Fusions" for the game.

Here is a link to my Photobucket gallery that will be updated fairly regularly with new photos. I'll be setting up a stickied request thread over on GameFaqs once I've unlocked everyone.

For those wondering how I'm doing it, I own two copies of the game and own two 3DS consoles (no I didn't buy another one for this game, I owned one for a while then upgraded to a 2DS when that came out), and every 8 hours or so the two consoles can StreetPass each other.

18 x Pan
Gine x Pan
SSJ4 Goku and Bardock
Goku x Turles
Turles x Bardock
Videl x Bulla (Bra)
Broly x Bardock
Magetta x Cooler
Cell x Cooler
Raditz x Bardock
Towa x 18
SSJ Bardock x 18
SSJ Goku x Supreme Kai
Golden Frieza x Cooler
Super 17 x 18
SSJ3 Vegeta x SSJ3 Broly
Vegeta x Turles
SSJ Goku x Mira
Magetta x Nova Shenron

Both variants of each are in the gallery. So when viewing the gallery, you'll see images titled in the URL like so:

18 x Pan
Pan x 18

The first name denotes the "initiator" who determines the appearance of the fusion.

Enjoy! Looking forward to being a part of the community on here! :)[/spoiler]
This looks like a really interesting project; I can't wait for you to finish. A warm welcome to the Kanzenshuu community, too! You'll have a great time here!
MyAnimeList | AniList

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:20 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Hi all! First post on Kanzenshuu! :D

18 x Pan
Gine x Pan
SSJ4 Goku and Bardock
Goku x Turles
Turles x Bardock
Videl x Bulla (Bra)
Broly x Bardock
Magetta x Cooler
Cell x Cooler
Raditz x Bardock
Towa x 18
SSJ Bardock x 18
SSJ Goku x Supreme Kai
Golden Frieza x Cooler
Super 17 x 18
SSJ3 Vegeta x SSJ3 Broly
Vegeta x Turles
SSJ Goku x Mira
Magetta x Nova Shenron

18 x Pan
Pan x 18

Enjoy! Looking forward to being a part of the community on here! :)
I'll be looking forward to Goku X Raditz and Raditz X Goku as well as Nappa X Vegeta and Vegeta X Nappa.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:37 pm

A couple questions regarding "Tien's Gi (Sleeveless)": What does it look like? Why can't females wear it? Why is it so expensive in comparison to the other clothes (300 Blue Energy)?
MyAnimeList | AniList

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 am

Anime Kitten wrote:A couple questions regarding "Tien's Gi (Sleeveless)": What does it look like? Why can't females wear it? Why is it so expensive in comparison to the other clothes (300 Blue Energy)?
It's his Cell arc outfit. You know, the one only covering one breast :P

Not sure how they price them but there are several that cost more than that.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:34 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It's his Cell arc outfit. You know, the one only covering one breast :P
Huh, that's odd. It's equippable by both genders in Xenoverse, and in this game, Nail's top has a, well, top for the females. Certainly questionable.
MyAnimeList | AniList

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:31 pm

Are there sometime rifts where recruitable characters don't appear? I'm doing the save and reset method before I go in a rift and there are no characters to recruit in the rift.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 am

dualist wrote:Are there sometime rifts where recruitable characters don't appear? I'm doing the save and reset method before I go in a rift and there are no characters to recruit in the rift.

It's entirely RNG. Just keep resetting and they'll show up. It takes a lot longer for higher ranked rifts (G and S Rank)

Be sure to check the different guides online for where characters are supposed to appear. Someone posted a really good one on like page 66 of this thread

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:51 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
dualist wrote:Are there sometime rifts where recruitable characters don't appear? I'm doing the save and reset method before I go in a rift and there are no characters to recruit in the rift.

It's entirely RNG. Just keep resetting and they'll show up. It takes a lot longer for higher ranked rifts (G and S Rank)

Be sure to check the different guides online for where characters are supposed to appear. Someone posted a really good one on like page 66 of this thread

Thanks, bro! Appreciate it. I saved on a G rift and didn't realize RNG played such a big role. I'll keep that guide handy.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:04 am

I'm having the same problem... I saved on G rank in world 7 to get SS God Goku and I was resetting for between 2 and 3 hours with not even one scoutable character showed up the entire time. Not even in the S or A rank after I flee from the pointless fights... Most of the time it was those annoying mecha gokus or fusions of random characters. Got SS Gogeta once, but of course he's not recruitable.

I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong, because I've never gone that long without a scoutable character showing up, even one I don't particularly want... I randomly seen SSG goku once about a week ago before I stared this current grind but for some reason he didn't get scouted

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi all, just wondering if anyone playing this game can give me some advice: I missed the first two Space/ Time Vortex Quests but just did the third, which should have given me Zamasu and Merged Zamasu; having completed the battle, I expected some notification that I'd unlocked them both, but nothing; checking my character list also indicated nothing had been added. Do I have to go somewhere else, or do something else, to receive what I should get for beating the mission? I'm playing the Japanese version and this is the first thing I've really been caught out by, so any help much appreciated!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:08 pm

You don't get the rewards until the following week. This gives folks time to try the event and attempt to place higher on the leaderboard.

Next week, just go to the same place and options inside your spaceship and you'll get the stuff.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:20 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You don't get the rewards until the following week. This gives folks time to try the event and attempt to place higher on the leaderboard.

Next week, just go to the same place and options inside your spaceship and you'll get the stuff.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the details, EX.