Watchmojo Top 10 Worst Anime Dubs

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Watchmojo Top 10 Worst Anime Dubs

Post by coola » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO8D_VMR5tk W Big Green dub is on 2nd place, topping Cardcaptors and Astro Boy (Shame Rightstuf couldn't at least include subbed version in their boxset, but i digress) Speed Racer is on 1st position (Funimation will release it soon on Blu-ray, both dubbed and subbed :) )
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Watchmojo Top 10 Worst Anime Dubs

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Top 10 worst mainstream channels:
1. WatchMojo

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Top 10 worst mainstream channels:
1. WatchMojo
:clap:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:35 pm

1. WatchMojo
Its true.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
1. WatchMojo
Its true.
I Hate Everything explained it perfectly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:31 pm

WatchMojo has no taste in anime. They pick popular mainstream anime from TV over 10 years ago or pick whatever hot at the moment. On their worst dubs list, they didn't bother to pick stuff like Garzey's Wing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
1. WatchMojo
Its true.
I'll admitted I hate IHE (after the Daddy Derek thing) but that video was perfection.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
1. WatchMojo
Its true.
I was legit petrified if they actually did that Dragon Ball YTers list and seen how they would've done it.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:27 pm

WatchMojo did put Dragon Ball Z on their best anime series list. They also got a lot of their facts wrong in their mecha and Gundam video list.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:34 pm

coola wrote:Big Green dub is on 2nd place
Seriously? I'm not going to say that the Big Green dub was good, but it was nowhere near the worst dub DBZ ever got. If we were to restrict ourselves to English dubs, that "honor" would go to the Speedy dub, where everything is hard to understand, most of the characters sound the same, and it is So Bad It's Good at best and So Bad It's Horrible at worst. Even the Big Green dub had genuinely enjoyable moments (how they handles Krillin's "singing" and everybody's reaction to it in Movie 8) and on rare occasions the acting is actually fairly decent. The Speedy dub has almost no redeeming qualities. Of the few it has, the most notable is the rare occasion that it (unintentionally) makes people laugh.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:55 am

Not to defend WatchMojo's lists but aren't the results of each list voted by the viewers?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:11 am

Top 10 lists are subjective. Just because we don't agree with a top 10 it doesn't mean that we are right and they are wrong.

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:16 pm

At least they refrained from putting DBZ on their top 10 anime dubs list, in fact they should have subverted the expectations of so many Funi fans and put Dragon Ball Z Kai on there.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am

I lost my trust on Watchmojo ever since i saw that "Top 10 Strongest Comic Book Characters" video and have guys like Hulk on the list.They don't put much effort in there lists and only put the popular ones.Not to long ago,they made a strongest anime characters list and i'm pretty sure they did the same thing.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:24 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I lost my trust on Watchmojo ever since i saw that "Top 10 Strongest Comic Book Characters" video and have guys like Hulk on the list.They don't put much effort in there lists and only put the popular ones.Not to long ago,they made a strongest anime characters list and i'm pretty sure they did the same thing.
The hulk is generally accepted to have potential infinite strengh... Why wouldn't a character with potential infinite strengh be on a strongest list...?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:33 am

rereboy wrote:The hulk is generally accepted to have potential infinite strengh... Why wouldn't a character with potential infinite strengh be on a strongest list...?
Because he doesn't show anything that makes him in the top 10.You could say Gohan could potentially be the strongest Saiyan,but that doesn't mean he should be the strongest.And having infinite strength still won't put Hulk on the list,there are lots of guys who can deal people like him with insane hax.I don't want to start a strength debate here.But putting Hulk on the list without even guys like Lucifer Morningstar,Pre-Retcon Beyonder etc is just very ridicolous.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 am

rereboy wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I lost my trust on Watchmojo ever since i saw that "Top 10 Strongest Comic Book Characters" video and have guys like Hulk on the list.They don't put much effort in there lists and only put the popular ones.Not to long ago,they made a strongest anime characters list and i'm pretty sure they did the same thing.
The hulk is generally accepted to have potential infinite strengh... Why wouldn't a character with potential infinite strengh be on a strongest list...?
Because you have people in Marvel and DC who have infinite strength.

Granted, most of those people are more concepts than characters, so without seeing the guidelines for the list, I don't know if they'd be considered or not. Take away the cosmically and magically powered beings, and the Hulk could be up there, sure.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Because you have people in Marvel and DC who have infinite strength.
Tell me something I don't know. I didn't say that Hulk would be the strongest or most powerful... Just that he belongs on a list with the strongest, with the infinite strengh and all.
Granted, most of those people are more concepts than characters, so without seeing the guidelines for the list, I don't know if they'd be considered or not. Take away the cosmically and magically powered beings, and the Hulk could be up there, sure.
Yeah, they are more powerful than they are actually strong.
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
rereboy wrote:The hulk is generally accepted to have potential infinite strengh... Why wouldn't a character with potential infinite strengh be on a strongest list...?
Because he doesn't show anything that makes him in the top 10.You could say Gohan could potentially be the strongest Saiyan,but that doesn't mean he should be the strongest.And having infinite strength still won't put Hulk on the list,there are lots of guys who can deal people like him with insane hax.I don't want to start a strength debate here.But putting Hulk on the list without even guys like Lucifer Morningstar,Pre-Retcon Beyonder etc is just very ridicolous.
First of all, watchmojo usually starts by saying that they are doing a top of their favorites. In the video you are refering to, which I think is this one ( https://youtu.be/jjbRL0HdVwQ ), they do just that and state "for this list we are focusing on the pure brute strengh, physical power and awesome abilities of our favorite comic book characters".

If we ignore that they are listing their favorites, not all ever, that Hulk has infinite strengh in the right conditions and if we were to include every character ever, including the abtracts ones, like the one-above-all, and so on (but then the list would only be abstract beings if it is a top 10), I guess you are right. But the problem is that it just depends on the focus of the list, honestly... All they have to do is not ignore that Hulk has infinite strengh in the right conditions and not consider beings that are more abstract than physical to be relevant for the list because they are looking at strengh from a more physical point of view.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Watchmojo is fucking garbage.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Watchmojo is fucking garbage.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but what's the point ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸