"Complete Vegeta Saga" in Sept (w/ box art)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

"Complete Vegeta Saga" in Sept (w/ box art)

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:52 pm

I was browsing prices for DB DVDs at CD Universe, and I came across this solictation...

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 2361&BAB=E

According to the site, Funimation is planning to release a "Complete Vegeta Saga" for $50.00 (only $20.64 for the preorder) on September 26, 2006.

I also browsed DVD Pacific and came across a similar solicitation:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=719364

It's not mentioned what saga or episodes is contained, but it retails for the same $50 MSRP and comes out at the same date: Sept 26.

If this does contain the whole Vegeta/Saiyan Saga, I'll feel ripped off for buying each one of the "Ultimate Uncut" singles...

Has anyone else come across this solicitation?
Last edited by theoriginalbilis on Thu May 25, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:14 pm

If it is, then fuck. I got the first starter set and Ultimate Uncuts 1-3. Can't stop now. :(

Although, $15-20 does seem way too cheap for 34 episodes(look at the boxsets Buu-onward, where they cost an arm and a leg and your unborn child). And also, if FUNi keeps up their 1 DVD a month release schedule, then the last disc until November. If they did 2 DVDs a month like with UUs 1 & 2, it might be possible, but I don't buy it(figuratively speaking, that is. :wink: :wink: ).

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:24 pm

Actually, they don't cost that much if you know where to look. An example being DeepDiscountDvd, who has some of the cheapest prices I've seen. Most sets are $35 or less and the most expensive being $60 (Fusion and Majin Buu, I think); all R1. My only qualm with them has been that they charge tax in my state, and they're the only website that's ever done this. I can't help but feel somewhat uneasy about that part, but they do offer free shipping.

On-topic: As for that set, it'll probably be a thinpack set. If it really is the entier Saiyan arc, then that's a damn good deal and I'm glad that I decided to wait to get the boxset.
[b]PSN: Mune-sama[/b]

Add me for some HD Remix or SF4.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:46 pm

If this does contain the whole Vegeta/Saiyan Saga, I'll feel ripped off for buying each one of the "Ultimate Uncut" singles...
The boxed sets are always cheaper than buying the individual discs. That's a forgone conclusion.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:52 pm

I'm far too impatient to wait for a boxset. I got each of the Ultimate Uncut Editions as soon as they came out.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm

Hmm. The CD Universe listing claims it to be a 6-disc set. But if the "red" saga is 7 discs and the still-releasing "blue" is five, then what are they talking about?

Of course, the number could just be a misprint.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

majinrod153
Beyond Newbie

Post by majinrod153 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:10 pm

Or they could be putting more episodes on the discs.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:32 pm

BWAHAHAHA!! :lol: Yes, now I can purchase them all! ALL! I only bought and lost the first disk twice, neither of them to ever be found again; now, I can buy them all! Tis a happy day when you can purchase 5+ disks for the price that they originally pinned for one. :twisted:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Kaze no Mune
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaze no Mune » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:09 pm

majinrod153 wrote:Or they could be putting more episodes on the discs.
I highly doubt FUNi would re-author the discs and sell them cheaper. It's probably a misprint, or perhaps a mistake on FUNi's part. Perhaps they'll be splitting the numbers evenly between the Saiyan arc box and the Namek arc box? It's the only theory I can give, however unluckily it is.
[b]PSN: Mune-sama[/b]

Add me for some HD Remix or SF4.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon May 01, 2006 1:08 am

What's funny is that the suggested retail price (and FUNi's Z Store price) for the starter sets of the UUE DVDs are pretty much $40. For only $10 more, you get the entire arc. Now that's what I call a serious jib.

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon May 01, 2006 8:04 am

Tsukento wrote:What's funny is that the suggested retail price (and FUNi's Z Store price) for the starter sets of the UUE DVDs are pretty much $40. For only $10 more, you get the entire arc. Now that's what I call a serious jib.
I've completely got no sympathy for anyone who pays full prxe (or even "cheap" price) for what FUNimation is trying to do- You got milked, sirs, you were the market they could take advantage of before getting everyone else.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon May 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Heh, oh I know. That's why I go for DeepDiscountDVD or Best Buy. :P Though either way it's still going to cost less buying the boxset than each DVD, especially the starter sets.

I'm pretty much only getting the UUE simply for the Spanish track. It's the only current available form of the Mexican dub and I'm already buying the Japanese DVDs, so I don't really need any of the DVDs simply for the Japanese track.

Swift
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swift » Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 pm

Wow, a box set of the whole Saiyan arc for preorder for only twenty bucks? It sounds way too good to be true, but if it is, then it looks like holding off buying the individual discs will finally pay off in a few months. :D Finally, I can see all these episodes in Japanese for the first time!

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu May 25, 2006 4:34 pm

AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

It looks like the September "Season One: Vegeta Saga" boxset actually does contain eps. 1-39 on 5 DVDs. For $50 too.

Here's the link from Right Stuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 0376/4/0/0

So... I feel retarded for buying the UUE singles, in fact, I already sold them off this morning to my used bookstore. (Which is good, because I got $45 I can put down for this upcoming boxset.)

But still, Funimation! You should've released it this way from the start! AGH! :evil:

GokuSoul
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuSoul » Thu May 25, 2006 4:49 pm

For sure i'm getting this because I don't have a single Ultimate Uncut Edition DVD! Only Great Sayiaman. Must make sure to preorder.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu May 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Why? Why? Why?

When was the last time FUNimation put individual volumes into a boxed set so quickly (as opposed to waiting years at a time)? More to the point, has there ever been a time when FUNimation took their usual three-episode DBZ volumes and re-released them as discs that contain 5-6 episodes APIECE?! Don't tell me that after all the time people have spent whining about unused disc space that FUNimation is only just now aiming to please in that regard . . . because it makes no friggin' sense whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong; it's a fantastic bargain . . . but why now?!

My God, what's next? The other sagas have already been released in an uncut format, so I never gave much credit to the idea that they would see any sort of a re-release . . . but if this complete Vegeta saga sees the light of day, then who knows?! Where will it end?

You know what? I'm going to look the other way, and then when I turn around FUNimation is going to release that Frieza DVD box set we've all been waiting for . . . and after only just seven or eight years.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu May 25, 2006 7:53 pm

http://www.aaaanime.com/dvds.asp?view=item&code=FN02242

Here's the first pic of cover/box art that I've found so far.

IT'S YELLOW!!!

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Thu May 25, 2006 8:27 pm

My patience has been rewarded. I was tempted to but a few of the UUE DVDs so many times but restrained myself, knowing they'd pull out a boxed set at some point. Okay, I didn't really know at all but I was praying. 50 bucks? What a bargain!
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu May 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Ditto, I actually have the first UUE DVD, but I didn't bother to go on ahead & buy the rest. Now I can just buy them all for $50 :D

The Box Art looks horrible though (aside from the yellow backround which is okay).

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Thu May 25, 2006 8:41 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:http://www.aaaanime.com/dvds.asp?view=item&code=FN02242

Here's the first pic of cover/box art that I've found so far.

IT'S YELLOW!!!
"We wish we were Dragonbox"