"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:50 pm

Physical editions of Xenoverse 2's next gen versions are up for pre-order in NA with a price tag of $19.99 and the same release date of May 24th:

Bandai Namco Store
Best Buy (PlayStation 5)
Best Buy (Xbox Series X)
GameStop (PlayStation 5)
GameStop (Xbox Series X)

By all indications, these are just standard editions and don't include any paid DLC.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:12 am

Anime Kitten wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:50 pm Physical editions of Xenoverse 2's next gen versions are up for pre-order in NA with a price tag of $19.99 and the same release date of May 24th:

Bandai Namco Store
Best Buy (PlayStation 5)
Best Buy (Xbox Series X)
GameStop (PlayStation 5)
GameStop (Xbox Series X)

By all indications, these are just standard editions and don't include any paid DLC.
I'm sure people who haven't played the game would pay a full $60 if the DLCs were included.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

Four new DLCs on the way. Trailer.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am Four new DLCs on the way. Trailer.

God. Just let this game die.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

I love the new design for the corrupted characters, how they got crystals protruding out their bodies.

If we ever get a Xenoverse 3, I'd assume they'd go with this design. Better than the black tears or infinity symbol on their foreheads lol

Also I'm betting the 3rd character is Super Saiyan God Goku with Blue hair instead

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Do they really want people to pay for characters we already have now... Come on...

I might check out the ps5 enhancements but I dropped this game like 2 years ago now and while the story is a tiny bit intriguing, the fighting engine is just exhausted at this point. I think that's the main reason people want xv3, just for some more combat options and a speed boost.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

players: "mom can we please have ultra ego"
bamco: "we have ultra ego at home"
ultra ego at home:
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed. I would have expected a Goku Black SS3 or a Vegeta Ultra Ego, but not this one...
and that Goku SSGod with the SSBlue hair? That's not good.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Ok, watched the trailer & I'm actually legit looking forward to it.
1. Really hoping they fixed the lack of anti-aliasing in the game. It's 1 of the few things that causes the game to be dated on consoles still. I'm very surprised they never gave this game a PS4 Pro & Xbox One X patch that raises the resolution above 1080p & fixes that problem already.
2. More Goku Black & Goku in Zamasu's body? HELL YES! Having Sean Schemmel give us more of his perfected Goku Black from the anime & later Xenoverse 2 DLCs will be nice, as will hearing James Marsters imitate Sean's Goku's inflections like he did for a second in Super. I'm looking forward to those.
3. Fu. I like this character & I'm so glad they adapted him from the scrapped plans for DB online. Looking forward to whatever new craziness he brings to the table.

I do understand people wanting a Xenoverse 3 already. I want a Xenoverse 3 already. However, I like what new content they're giving us regardless & it costs less than a full game each time. Hopefully this DLC won't be too bad in terms of pricing.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm 1. Really hoping they fixed the lack of anti-aliasing in the game.
Even on PC it looks like shit. FXAA is like ... come on, man. Plenty of better anti-aliasing techniques this day and age. Then again, it is an old game ...

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm
Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm 1. Really hoping they fixed the lack of anti-aliasing in the game.
Even on PC it looks like shit. FXAA is like ... come on, man. Plenty of better anti-aliasing techniques this day and age. Then again, it is an old game ...
I mean, even something's better than nothing. On consoles, it looks like there's barely any solution for AA. It was made at a time where AA was still being implemented in console games effectively, so if they apply whatever works now to the game & update the PC version with them, that would work well to fix the problem.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm
Nickolaidas wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm
I mean, even something's better than nothing. On consoles, it looks like there's barely any solution for AA. It was made at a time where AA was still being implemented in console games effectively, so if they apply whatever works now to the game & update the PC version with them, that would work well to fix the problem.
I also DETEST the colors in this game. Everyone flat out glows every now and then, especially in the cutscenes. It's like they're ethereal or something and their colors are blurring out of them. Seriously want to mod the lighting, though I doubt I can do it considering how much the game wants to be online.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

I...thought Ultra Instinct was already available to CaCs. Maybe not. I lost interest in this game a long time ago. It's funny how excited I was for the game when it first released, and I'm like, "Why the HFIL won't this game die!?" I wanted a third game, but I'm starting to wonder if there is even a place for XV3 when that new Budokai Tenkaichi game is coming out soon. What does XV offer that it doesn't? A CaC? Okay. Just add a CaC to Tenkaichi, and XV3 has no reason to exist.

I mean, there is potential in a XV3 being interesting, but I don't see them shifting their focus onto the things that should have been their priority to begin with. First game's story: Retells the history of DBZ, but with some characters glowing to signify they're stronger than they're supposed to be. Second game's story: Retells the history of DBZ, but with some characters glowing to signify they're stronger than they're supposed to be, and also movie characters sometimes show up. Half of the DLCs don't have stories. The ones that do are bite sized and usually don't do anything to take advantage of that whole time cop concept.

Freaking go crazy. Do something interesting with the changes in the timeline. The only times the game seems to remember its own premise are when Trunks saves Future Gohan from dying, and that one DLC with Fu in it. XV3 has to have a lot more of that stuff to make me interested. That and more options for character customization. Let us dye all of the armor pieces. Give us an option for Saiyan tails with physics. Let our characters use weapons in combat instead of just using them as decorations for their backs.

Also, my god is this game ugly. I don't know why they decided to make every character look like plastic, but I don't like it.

PS: Nickolaidas, modding the game is possible. At least it was last time I played it. I remember I even organized modded characters in a certain order, so that someone else I used to play with would have the same roster. That way we could use those modded characters together. Obviously, with random strangers, it wouldn't work. In single player, it would also work, of course. One of my favorite mods lets you dye any piece of armor in the game. No idea how I look to other players in the hub world when I use that. I imagine I'm either naked or just wearing the default colors on their end.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

If you buy the new base game for newer consoles, do you get your old consoles dlc?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm

They should have give us some new characters than just pre-existing ones with some differences. We are still missing Garlic Jr, Cyborg Freeza, King Cold, #19, Dr. Gero, Hatchiyack, Grey Buu, Baby (non Vegeta), Two Star Shadow Dragon, Six Star Shadow Dragon, etc
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 pm They should have give us some new characters than just pre-existing ones with some differences. We are still missing Garlic Jr, Cyborg Freeza, King Cold, #19, Dr. Gero, Hatchiyack, Grey Buu, Baby (non Vegeta), Two Star Shadow Dragon, Six Star Shadow Dragon, etc
I have a feeling most of the characters in these DLC packs are going to be Ultra Supervillain versions

Maybe with Frieza (Ultra Supervillain) we'll get something that sorta resembles Black Frieza.

An idea I have for Semi-Perfect Cell is they could have a normal version and Ultra Supervillain form that resembles Cell Max. We could get a playable Cell Max that way.

One theory I had is what if we get Bulma (Ultra Supervillain), Fu is holding Bulma in the trailer for a reason.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:49 pm

I feel like Xenoverse 2 never goes crazy with their alternate timeline stuff. You do get some creative moments like Baby Vegeta teaming up with Dabra, Broli fighting Jiren, Tullece & Slug during the Namek saga, etc. I wish they can do more with it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:35 pm

I wanted to ask about, cause i haven't been on Kanzenshuu for a while, but with Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero coming out, does that means that once that game is out, then that means Bandai Namco and Dimps will stop supporting XV2?
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:52 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:35 pm I wanted to ask about, cause i haven't been on Kanzenshuu for a while, but with Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero coming out, does that means that once that game is out, then that means Bandai Namco and Dimps will stop supporting XV2?
Not necessarily. They'll probably continue to sell DLCs as long as people keep buying them.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:15 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:35 pm I wanted to ask about, cause i haven't been on Kanzenshuu for a while, but with Dragon Ball: Sparking! Zero coming out, does that means that once that game is out, then that means Bandai Namco and Dimps will stop supporting XV2?
Keep in mind this DLC that's coming out is in Spring 2024. There will be three other DLCs afterwards.

I'm going to assume that the 2nd DLC will be out before Sparking Zero but the remaining 2 will be released afterwards.

Kakarot may be getting more content too, it seems that all of these game's DLC will all still sell even after Sparking Zero is released.