"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:28 am

Xaroc wrote:Even Dokkan Battle has that skip option because of all the grinding in that game.
Uh, Dokkan Battle still has you go through the loading screens for the cutscene before you can skip them, just like Xenoverse
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:30 am

Grimlock wrote:It seems someone has been watching Dragon Ball Super lately. :P Anyway.

TobyS wrote:Beat the Colosseum which was a fucking nightmare

Now getting sick of the great story mode going for 100%...
What figures and strategy did you use to beat Beerus? Even "cheating" with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta doesn't work anymore since everyone has powerful Character Skill, Pose Skill and they're high level.
I used my old deck from before the update, even if some of the new figures were better it was hard to tell because mine were maxed and the new ones were base. Plus it'd take to long to grind em up.

What I did do was buy some of the new skills. Realised there are much better ones in the shop now.

My deck is:
#79 Goku Black 84 0/10 ADM.F ADM.C UTG.ET
#23 Vegeta 99 0/10 ADM.B ATK.C ATK.B
#46 Piccolo 99 0/10 SPD.F SPD.UpMHP50 UTG.-ET
#35 Freeza 99 0/10 UTG-T3 DEF.B SPD.B
#25 SSGSS Vegeta 99 1/10 ATK F ATK 02 DEF F
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am

Kanassa wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Even Dokkan Battle has that skip option because of all the grinding in that game.
Uh, Dokkan Battle still has you go through the loading screens for the cutscene before you can skip them, just like Xenoverse
Uh, you can turn scenarios on and off (the only one playing then are those in between fights, for example when a character transforms to the next level). Of course you still have to play the "board game" part but no dialogues and stuff at least.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 pm

TobyS wrote:I used my old deck from before the update, even if some of the new figures were better it was hard to tell because mine were maxed and the new ones were base. Plus it'd take to long to grind em up.

What I did do was buy some of the new skills. Realised there are much better ones in the shop now.

My deck is:
They're all Level 99? Damn, that's why I can't beat him. I'm stuck at Level 60 because collecting the item to "limit break" figures from Vados in the free battle is a pain, imagine collecting 50 of those to grind all five figures.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:09 pm

PQ 122 is an absolute nightmare. I've tried every combination I've seen online to beat it. I know it can be done but this is gonna be a grind :thumbdown:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Anybody on Xbox wanna knock out those PQs later today if you haven't yet?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: What? I can't get Cooler!?
Unfortunately no :/
So, Broly's just a cheating shit that wins by getting exclusive figures... The bastard!
I know xD and not only him!
They will probably be avaiable with XV3.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:PQ 122 is an absolute nightmare. I've tried every combination I've seen online to beat it. I know it can be done but this is gonna be a grind :thumbdown:
Go to the PQ where you get Fu's Super Soul, have a high level Saiyan with Ki blast specced, get SSJ Blue, equip Fu's Super Soul, and take Zamasu (will keep getting back up) and Piccolo where he heals up. Ultimates to use are Justice Combination and Deathball (hits hard, decent tracking, and quick launch).

Also, for items, take the health regens, not the ones that automatically fill your health up. The regen makes you more tanky, allowing the health to remain fairly high. Also, Big Bang Kamehameha, Handy Canon, Maximum Charge, and Super God Fist are the supers I used.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Grimlock wrote:
TobyS wrote:I used my old deck from before the update, even if some of the new figures were better it was hard to tell because mine were maxed and the new ones were base. Plus it'd take to long to grind em up.

My deck is:
They're all Level 99? Damn, that's why I can't beat him. I'm stuck at Level 60 because collecting the item to "limit break" figures from Vados in the free battle is a pain, imagine collecting 50 of those to grind all five figures.
Yeah Vados was a nightmare but I farmed the non vados levels I needed first, which got master and figures more exp and levels. The more you beat her the easier it gets because you and your figures get more powerful.

With the new ones some where easy and some were harder, most only took a couple of tries thanks to being maxed out (or what was maxed out before) at the time. Once you get used to the enemies figures and abilities you can work round it. One guy has huge buffs if he goes second. So it was really hard to fight my instincts to win the speed rounds. Deliberately avoid killing Hercule on the level he's on... But most of all buy the new skills.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm

So I'm up to Hit in the Colosseum story mode. How much longer does this take? It's kinda crazy how long this is.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:33 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:PQ 122 is an absolute nightmare. I've tried every combination I've seen online to beat it. I know it can be done but this is gonna be a grind :thumbdown:
Me and one other random stranger knocked this out easy. 4 runs and got Power Rush but not meditation unfortunately. That being said, it's easy with normal PQ tactics. Make sure you're using items and of course now your Limit Break, which is limited to one use for the entire team each PQ.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Draconic wrote:So I'm up to Hit in the Colosseum story mode. How much longer does this take? It's kinda crazy how long this is.
Minor spoilers for the mini game of the story mode, but it was foreshadowed....

[spoiler]For story mode you have 4 more, free battle has that plus 4 more:
Hit
Champa
Beerus
Gogeta
Trunks (FB)
Broly (FB)
Golden Freeza (FB)
SSGSS Goku (FB)[/spoiler]

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Go to the PQ where you get Fu's Super Soul, have a high level Saiyan with Ki blast specced, get SSJ Blue, equip Fu's Super Soul, and take Zamasu (will keep getting back up) and Piccolo where he heals up. Ultimates to use are Justice Combination and Deathball (hits hard, decent tracking, and quick launch).

Also, for items, take the health regens, not the ones that automatically fill your health up. The regen makes you more tanky, allowing the health to remain fairly high. Also, Big Bang Kamehameha, Handy Canon, Maximum Charge, and Super God Fist are the supers I used.

I did finally manage to beat it (and Z Ranked it), but did not get Meditation. So I'm dreading the farm.

Here's what I did

Level 99 Female Saiyan Ki Build, mainly used Big Bang Kamehameha and Giant Storm. I used SSJ3 instead of Blue since the ki drain was hurting my pacing. Also used the "Hmm Hmm Hmmmmm!" Super soul

I went in with SSB Goku (3rd preset) and Piccolo (4th preset) and had fairly solid results. The initial waves weren't a problem. Everyone up until the Ultimate Finish went down with no big issue. The wave of Beerus, Vegito, and Zamasu was a complete crapshoot. Sometimes it went well, other times I got stomped. I tried to take out Vegito first since he seems very spammy with his Spirit Sword. After that, I focused on Fuu and left Jiren for last to try to get his moves. Got Power Rush but haven't gotten Meditation.

It's a bear, but it can be done

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

TobyS wrote:
Draconic wrote:So I'm up to Hit in the Colosseum story mode. How much longer does this take? It's kinda crazy how long this is.
Minor spoilers for the mini game of the story mode, but it was foreshadowed....

[spoiler]For story mode you have 4 more, free battle has that plus 4 more:
Hit
Champa
Beerus
Gogeta
Trunks (FB)
Broly (FB)
Golden Freeza (FB)
SSGSS Goku (FB)[/spoiler]
Thanks a lot!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Random Thought:

I really hope XV3 allows us to pick an arua from the aruas in the game and/or give us the option to colorize aruas. I also hope we get a Shinjin race and Alien race.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

I did finally manage to beat it (and Z Ranked it), but did not get Meditation. So I'm dreading the farm.

Here's what I did

Level 99 Female Saiyan Ki Build, mainly used Big Bang Kamehameha and Giant Storm. I used SSJ3 instead of Blue since the ki drain was hurting my pacing. Also used the "Hmm Hmm Hmmmmm!" Super soul

I went in with SSB Goku (3rd preset) and Piccolo (4th preset) and had fairly solid results. The initial waves weren't a problem. Everyone up until the Ultimate Finish went down with no big issue. The wave of Beerus, Vegito, and Zamasu was a complete crapshoot. Sometimes it went well, other times I got stomped. I tried to take out Vegito first since he seems very spammy with his Spirit Sword. After that, I focused on Fuu and left Jiren for last to try to get his moves. Got Power Rush but haven't gotten Meditation.

Opposite for me. I got meditation, but no Power Rush yet.

But Meditation, combined with Fu's Super Soul, man, so long as you pop up a full Meditation every so often, you GAIN energy. Kind of like a lesser version of Divinity Unleashed.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Go to the PQ where you get Fu's Super Soul, have a high level Saiyan with Ki blast specced, get SSJ Blue, equip Fu's Super Soul, and take Zamasu (will keep getting back up) and Piccolo where he heals up. Ultimates to use are Justice Combination and Deathball (hits hard, decent tracking, and quick launch).

Here's what I did

Opposite for me. I got meditation, but no Power Rush yet.

But Meditation, combined with Fu's Super Soul, man, so long as you pop up a full Meditation every so often, you GAIN energy. Kind of like a lesser version of Divinity Unleashed.
What does Fu’s super would do?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:55 pm

With high health, it auto-regens your Ki.
"Right then, let's begin the experiment!" And it also boosts ki-based abilities.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:29 pm

I bet Jiren with 6 seconds left on PQ 122...and I didn't get any of the drops at all. :thumbdown: At least I got this cool screenshot, I guess:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I bet Jiren with 6 seconds left on PQ 122...and I didn't get any of the drops at all. :thumbdown: At least I got this cool screenshot, I guess:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice screenshot man.

Anyone know if meditation is 'You got Skill!' drop during the mission or you won't know if you got it to the end? Jirens Ultimate Power Rush is confirmed a results screen drop if you were curious, I think that's normally the case with ultimates.