"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Venus » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:00 am

The RNG is definitely the worst part of the game, I double dipped and bought the base game on PC to play with a friend and ended up modding a couple thousands TPs into my save file because how terrible they are to farm, I spent two hours fighting patrollers trying to get a last dragon ball to wish for 200 medals with no luck at all, the terrible RNG drop of clothes and techniques is one thing but the RNG when it comes to farming DBs is the worst I've ever experienced in a game.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm

In 2 years, this game will be 10 years old. I know there are probably other games with longer lifespans that still release new DLCs, but don't you guys think it's time to stop and maybe consider a future sequel for this?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm

Venus wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:00 am The RNG is definitely the worst part of the game, I double dipped and bought the base game on PC to play with a friend and ended up modding a couple thousands TPs into my save file because how terrible they are to farm, I spent two hours fighting patrollers trying to get a last dragon ball to wish for 200 medals with no luck at all, the terrible RNG drop of clothes and techniques is one thing but the RNG when it comes to farming DBs is the worst I've ever experienced in a game.
Can take about an hour to get 7 DB's just doing Destruction of Planet Namek. Beat Freeza and bust up the Patrollers. It's better to do it solo, because your AI teammates tend to kill-steal and that keeps your from potentially getting a Dragonball. DB's aren't that hard to get. Just a little tedious. Skills can be an absolute chore to get. Like I mentioned before, more than 30 attempts in the same PQ with no luck whatsoever.
Noah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm In 2 years, this game will be 10 years old. I know there are probably other games with longer lifespans that still release new DLCs, but don't you guys think it's time to stop and maybe consider a future sequel for this?
We just had the 6yr anniversary earlier this year. It'll be 7yrs old by the end of the year. And as long as they can keep vomiting out minimal DLC, they'll never make a 3rd installment.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:29 pm

I could swear it took me almost 2 hours to grind for the last DB, I have been grinding PQ 23 Destuction of Planet Namek for years on the Switch version and it never took that long, however, I am going solo from now on like you suggested, it's not like bringing AI makes a huge difference anyway because of how bad it's coded in this game.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:45 pm

Maybe I'm having better luck than some, but it doesn't take me much more than an hour to grind all 7 Dragon Balls. Maybe an hour & a half. I hate this game's RNG, though. It could easily be improved immensely.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:42 am

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:45 am

Looks like it unfortunately :lol:
I’ve just seen Bandai’s post on Facebook and went here to check if somebody might know more…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4601953068
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:22 pm

Unless its some sort of gigantic update with huge changes... please just be XV3.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:09 am

Besides some cosmetic changes like clothes, wigs, maybe some new PQs, that are pretty much just team battles with some voiceovers, I really wonder what they can add, as they pretty much filled all mising gaps with the limitations they have (Android 13 but not Super 13, or Broly just being his buffed SSJ and that's it) and there is no exciting new content they might come up with, as Super Hero is pretty much done. I don't believe that adding for example Garlic Jr. or some more B-tier TOP characters will make a huge sense for paid DLC.

But I am seriously curious about it. I don't believe we will get XV3 anytime soon if and as the post is tagged and written with all that little text, it is clearly something about XV2.
My biggest bet is on "final" story arc (we already been there with EOZ actually) in the Time Patrol saga, as on the placeholder/teaser picture, there is Time Patroller and SSJ Goku.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:10 am

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 am

Yay, Ultra Instinct. I'll finally be able to get rid of that horrible Beast form. I'd still prefer Ultra Instinct -Sign-, but I will take the other one. Very curious to see who else they are going to add, though ultimately I don't think I'm gonna care if it's just missing characters or forms from the series. I'd very much like if they take more stuff from Dragon Ball Online instead. Looking forward to the new scenario too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:20 am

https://twitter.com/dragonballgames/sta ... 5005634999

Another interesting thing, SSG Vegeta instead of SSG Goku in Battle of Gods

And who is that at the end? There's no way we're getting SSJ4 Bardock right?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:20 am https://twitter.com/dragonballgames/sta ... 5005634999

Another interesting thing, SSG Vegeta instead of SSG Goku in Battle of Gods

And who is that at the end? There's no way we're getting SSJ4 Bardock right?
I had noticed that a really beaten-up version of Son Goku had appeared not too long after Super Saiyan God Vegeta and Hakaishin Beerus had appeared together, but maybe Shallot, Giblet, Bardock, Vegeta, Mira, Fu, or Son Goku Black: Xeno might have been the mysterious-looking character shown at the very end too.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:57 am

Aghh just let this borefest rest and move on.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:57 am Aghh just let this borefest rest and move on.
Seems like we're getting new content until 2024 at the earliest, probably up until 2025 considering the roadmap teases more content. I wouldn't expect XV3 until 2026, which would coincide with the 10th anniversary of the game.

BT4 probably releases in 2024, and 2025 has another game to keep us busy.

I understand people feel the game has already been milked for all its worth but it seems Bandai is at least dedicated in keeping the IP alive. Even if XV2 has been turned into a live-service kind of game, this kind of support is unheard of for most games. Kakarot is also getting DLC so I appreciate they're not just dropping disposable shovelware every year like the early 2010s.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:25 pm

Yuji wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:25 pm Even if XV2 has been turned into a live-service kind of game, this kind of support is unheard of for most games.
Yeah, eight years of support for any game, let alone a Dragon Ball game, is insane. It would be like getting new Tenkaichi 3 content in 2015.

I just wonder why they're so insistent upon keeping the same iteration going. It's always appreciated to not have things be obsolute too soon, but I don't think anyone would've been upset to see Xenoverse 3 all the way back in 2018, even. XV2 released a year after XV1, and that felt necessary. Who told Dimps they made enough of a better game to justify 8+ years? Especially now that the game is visually aging like milk. Video game graphics that emulate the cartoon aesthetic have made so much progress in the last seven years. XV2 uses the same engine as its PS3 predecessor, which is the dark age of those type of graphics when developers couldn't decide if they wanted to go for realistic (complex shading, clothing/water physics in my Dragon Ball... um, why?) or actually try to make the game look like the animated series. Not to mention the jaggy cel-shading.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:46 pm

Money, honestly. To do all the things you're saying would cost an absurd amount of cash to just to make an entirely new game in a new engine. That shit cost a lot of money and resources, and if enough people are still willing to pick up the DLC for this stuff then it's just simply cost effective.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:28 am

Ultra Instinct is cool. I think letting the opponent hit me just to counter will probably help me with that one Parallel Quest I can't beat on my own. Also, no stupidly massive hair on my Time Patroller.

They added auras as a cosmetic effect, I liked that. I just wished the lightnings from Super Saiyan 2 were more visible/stick around longer.

The new mode is fun, though it is a bit laggy for some reason (or just for me). They have to patch that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:58 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:09 am Besides some cosmetic changes like clothes, wigs, maybe some new PQs, that are pretty much just team battles with some voiceovers, I really wonder what they can add, as they pretty much filled all mising gaps with the limitations they have (Android 13 but not Super 13, or Broly just being his buffed SSJ and that's it) and there is no exciting new content they might come up with, as Super Hero is pretty much done. I don't believe that adding for example Garlic Jr. or some more B-tier TOP characters will make a huge sense for paid DLC.
I'm still waiting on 19/20 and Kaiōshin. God is someone I've wanted for a long time, too.

There's still so few characters from GT for something like this, too. Give GT Goten finally a chance to shine. Why are the card battle games the only ones that let us play as Rilld? Or Liù Xīng Lóng?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:24 am

Makaioshin wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:12 pm My character was selected as one of the second Super Fashion Contest winners. I bought this game after seeing the last one during the Battle Hour just to enter this. Here is my Psaro-style Paikuhan race character.

I won't get the art until like November.

https://x.com/dbgame_official/status/17 ... 19816?s=20

God's plan...Art finally came in. Now I will force myself to 100% this game.