"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Ugh... I wish they would change the lighting on the Super Saiyan forms. I really hate that hard metallic look they gave the models with the heavy dark shadowing. Where as in the complete opposite to what I prefer with Spike's models is that they gave the Super Saiyan models and hair an enhanced glow around them. It irks be because you can barely see their faces, let alone their colours....
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:01 pm

ryou766 wrote: What? Absorption?
In DBO Majins could basically turn into the form of Kid Buu. Which gives more credit to my theory that Majins can tap the same mystical force that originally spawned Buu, and was mentioned in the show as to how it felt that Buu kept drawing on some bottomless well of dark power. I call it Dark Nexus, and would work more towards Majins having their own upgraded form instead of just sharing with the rest of the plebs. Not to turn into a Kid Buu, but to have their own distinctive aura and look that indicates they had increased their power.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Zelvin wrote:
In DBO Majins could basically turn into the form of Kid Buu
Pure Boo was Boo's true form before he had absorbed the Grand Supreme Kaioshin and became overweight. All the Majins in DBO were essentially pieces of the original Boo that became its own race.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:06 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Zelvin wrote:
Pure Boo was Boo's true form before he had absorbed the Grand Supreme Kaioshin and became overweight. All the Majins in DBO were essentially pieces of the original Boo that became its own race.
And the Majins in Xenoverse have the same backstory as per the NPC dialouges.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:17 pm

I really hope that you can find Dragon Balls better this time in XV2. Maybe you hunt for the Namek Dragon Balls as well similar in Tenkachi 3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I really hope that you can find Dragon Balls better this time in XV2. Maybe you hunt for the Namek Dragon Balls as well similar in Tenkachi 3.
I just hope it's more of an adventure open world system like Budokai 3.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I really hope that you can find Dragon Balls better this time in XV2. Maybe you hunt for the Namek Dragon Balls as well similar in Tenkachi 3.
I just hope it's more of an adventure open world system like Budokai 3.
That's what I really want. I want to explore the Dragon Ball world. Go into cities, or deserted areas, or rural parts of the world and unlock all types of hidden battles or find other kinds of goodies, ala Dragon Universe in Budokai 3.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I want to explore the Dragon Ball world. Go into cities, or deserted areas, or rural parts of the world and unlock all types of hidden battles or find other kinds of goodies, ala Dragon Universe in Budokai 3.
Been waiting for years for that one.

If we don't get it than hopefully as a free update or paid DLC
Kuro Tenshi

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:28 pm

I would like free roam to destroy cities and kill civilians with a Big Bang Attack :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Noah wrote:I would like free roam to destroy cities and kill civilians with a Big Bang Attack :)
You're not fit to call yourself a Time Patroller. You should be banned and get stuck in the Crack of Time where Demigra was for 75 million of years.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:17 pm

I'd destroy civilians with another custom after my main. It'd be so fun and awesome! :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Found more proof that there are more combos in the game, along with comboing into your stamina breaker moves. https://youtu.be/05DoKBkgR3M?t=54s (If you don't like to hear commentary, mute!)
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:12 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Zelvin wrote:
Well I wouldn't call them "pieces" since their power has dwindled down to the point that they no longer have some of the original Buu's abilities. I think the race stabilized at some point so they no longer lose power through fission, but even in their Pure Majin form they are far from having the "true" power of the original Buu.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Wait... How are they going to explain Fusion Reborn and Revival of F working in the same continuity? Hell works differently in both movies and this isn't something that can be explained away with alternate timelines.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Kanassa wrote:this isn't something that can be explained away with alternate timelines.
Why not...?

Mira time travels a lot so it would create a ton of butterfly effects
Kuro Tenshi

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:Wait... How are they going to explain Fusion Reborn and Revival of F working in the same continuity? Hell works differently in both movies and this isn't something that can be explained away with alternate timelines.
I believe it is mentioned that in the story, each of the villains in this one came from different timelines. So I believe either it'll be another Frieza from another timeline, or the Hell in the original timeline will be changed after Fusion Reborn.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Kanassa wrote:Wait... How are they going to explain Fusion Reborn and Revival of F working in the same continuity? Hell works differently in both movies and this isn't something that can be explained away with alternate timelines.
It seems like GT and Movies 1-13 are from alternate timelines. So it seems like Towa and Mira are taking other characters from other timelines into the main timeline.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:31 pm

The only significant issue between the two versions is that Freeza has a body. But I'm not sure I'd even call that a problem or inconsistency, just something lacking an explanation. Afterall, what we see in the cocoon doesn't actually seem to be Freeza's body, or else there would be no reason for Shenlong to tell us he'll be revived in pieces when he's clearly all put together. It's possible that what we see is just Freeza's soul being given a quasi-physical form while within the cocoon for torture or whatever.

As for it looking different from Hell as established previously, we were told that previously that Hell has different blocks. So "contradictory" locations we see are just in different blocks of Hell.

Or, you know, since it's a game and there's not much reasons to create assets for the "F" Hell when it'll be uses for basically nothing, they could just not show it and ignore the whole issue. Pretend he's just a random soul floating in the Z version of the place.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:40 pm

From what RoF gave off, it seems as though everyone has their own personal Hell.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Okay so it seems the movie villains and allies(Tapion) are going to show around the time the sagas their movies took place, which seems like a good choice.

Saiyan Saga
-Garlic Jr.
-Dr Wheelo

Frieza Saga
-Turles
-Lord Slug
-Cooler

Android Saga
-Android 13
-Broly
-Bojack

Buu Saga