"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:45 pm

The blurb on 13 mentions 15 and 14, wonder if Tapion's mentions Hirudigarn.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Draconic wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
sangofe wrote:So I wonder, what characters do we get with xenoverse on switch with the extra code for story and characters?
You just unlock all of the base game characters.
Draconic wrote:With Tapion in, we should hopefully get Pikkon too. Also, more sword users are always a plus. Not to mention the possibility of Hirudegarn boss fights.

Android 13 is in base form and without his cap? What the fuck?! Maybe it's just one of his alternates. I guess Bojack worked because his regular design is miles ahead of his transformed one, but 13's whole shtick is being proto-Broly. I hope his final form will also be in somehow. Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.

All in all, the expansion looks pretty hype, though, and it still looks like we'll get more.
I'm hoping for Full Power Bojack and Super 13 to round out the expansion and then a December release date.
I wonder what the free update will give us, hopefully stuff like a new Trunks variation that has Ikari, since this DLC seems to pretty much be fan requests for stuff that was missing from the game.
Outside of those two forms for Bojack and 13, I only hope Garlic Jr will make it in. Anything more would just be a bonus for me.
For the free update I just wish that Goku and Vegeta get variations with Super Saiyan in their U6 clothes. I kinda lost hope in Ikari Trunks making it in, but those two are already in the game so it should take no time to implement them.
So no ssj4 Vegeta, for example? Or any of the other DLC? Will it be possible to get any of the DLC characters in any ways?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Kanassa wrote:The blurb on 13 mentions 15 and 14, wonder if Tapion's mentions Hirudigarn.
Yeah, it mentions Hildegarn.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Wish come true, Pride Trooper outfit.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Wish come true, Pride Trooper outfit.
Oddly enough, I'm far more excited for the Pride Trooper outfit (and the Ribrianne one, though to a lesser extent) than the actual characters. I mean, I'm sure Dimps will do well with them, but I lack much excitement knowing these are all characters we've had in previous DB games, as opposed to focusing on the new (read: Super) content that I'd imagine more people want (no, I'm not saying no one cares about this stuff!).

Nonetheless, looking forward to what Xenoverse has in store for the rest of this DLC, especially in regards to this story addition.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Draconic wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
sangofe wrote:So I wonder, what characters do we get with xenoverse on switch with the extra code for story and characters?
You just unlock all of the base game characters.
Draconic wrote:With Tapion in, we should hopefully get Pikkon too. Also, more sword users are always a plus. Not to mention the possibility of Hirudegarn boss fights.

Android 13 is in base form and without his cap? What the fuck?! Maybe it's just one of his alternates. I guess Bojack worked because his regular design is miles ahead of his transformed one, but 13's whole shtick is being proto-Broly. I hope his final form will also be in somehow. Keeping Broly as the only huge buff dude in the game is quite weird.

All in all, the expansion looks pretty hype, though, and it still looks like we'll get more.
I'm hoping for Full Power Bojack and Super 13 to round out the expansion and then a December release date.
I wonder what the free update will give us, hopefully stuff like a new Trunks variation that has Ikari, since this DLC seems to pretty much be fan requests for stuff that was missing from the game.
Outside of those two forms for Bojack and 13, I only hope Garlic Jr will make it in. Anything more would just be a bonus for me.
For the free update I just wish that Goku and Vegeta get variations with Super Saiyan in their U6 clothes. I kinda lost hope in Ikari Trunks making it in, but those two are already in the game so it should take no time to implement them.
I dont now if this is news to you guys but you know that DLC 5 isn't part of the expansion. This DLC is for the fall. The expansion which is supposed to be a HUGE free update as far as I remember is set to release in the winter which could be in 2018.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Grimlock wrote:Can someone translate what's written on the Story Mode part? Really curious to know if they reveal what the Story Mode will be about.
That's not the story mode part, that is for the new (possibly Nintendo switch exclusive) game mode
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: I dont now if this is news to you guys but you know that DLC 5 isn't part of the expansion. This DLC is for the fall. The expansion which is supposed to be a HUGE free update as far as I remember is set to release in the winter which could be in 2018.
We have nothing saying DLC 5 isn't the expansion, nor that the expansion is a free update. Only that it's being accompanied by a free update. With already being shown four new characters, a new mentor, more story and possibly a new game mode (Though the fact that the things involved look like amibos have me worried it's a Switch exclusive thing); and with more content promised to be announced, it's hard not to see this being the expansion as it is clearly bigger than the other DLCs

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Still no Dabura in the game....why.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm

precita wrote:Still no Dabura in the game....why.
....Did you miss the last V-Jump?

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I dont now if this is news to you guys but you know that DLC 5 isn't part of the expansion. This DLC is for the fall. The expansion which is supposed to be a HUGE free update as far as I remember is set to release in the winter which could be in 2018.
We have nothing saying DLC 5 isn't the expansion, nor that the expansion is a free update. Only that it's being accompanied by a free update. With already being shown four new characters, a new mentor, more story and possibly a new game mode (Though the fact that the things involved look like amibos have me worried it's a Switch exclusive thing); and with more content promised to be announced, it's hard not to see this being the expansion as it is clearly bigger than the other DLCs
I do see what you mean
You do know that Dabura and Buuhan were also confirmed for DLC 5 right?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:29 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Draconic wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: You just unlock all of the base game characters.

I dont now if this is news to you guys but you know that DLC 5 isn't part of the expansion. This DLC is for the fall. The expansion which is supposed to be a HUGE free update as far as I remember is set to release in the winter which could be in 2018.
I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to be in this quote and that you didn't answer my question?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:30 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

Translated scan. 'Onto the unknown area!'

Calling it now, Beerus and Champa get into another fighter, but to stop them from destroying everything Bulma develops this board game for them to comepte against each other in.

Kanassa wrote:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:01 am

Weird how they're advertising Android 13 as "made from Android 14 and 15" when it's not Super 13.

Honestly, if they're just gonna give us base-form movie villains then I want them to go full-circle and give us base/Super Saiyan Broly.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 pm

Tapion looks so much like a Supreme Kai it's ridiculous. Even moreso now that we have Super and we see like 10 other Kai's.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm

sangofe wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Draconic wrote: Outside of those two forms for Bojack and 13, I only hope Garlic Jr will make it in. Anything more would just be a bonus for me.
I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to be in this quote and that you didn't answer my question?
Where are you in the quote? I’m confused

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:49 pm

I'm not sure if I'll buy DLC 5 yet, if there's another character or two I might be tempted. (Baby Vegeta and Majuub plz)

The Hero's Colosseum looks kinda exciting, hope there's Online Play.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:I'm not sure if I'll buy DLC 5 yet, if there's another character or two I might be tempted. (Baby Vegeta and Majuub plz)

You’re on the money. Apparently DLC 5 is the expansion and is coming out in winter so i predict Janurary because December winter starts on the 21st.

This means we have November and December and Jump Festa for more reveals. I’m expecting Baby Vegeta and Uub/Majuub for November and Pikkon and Demigra for December

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:I'm not sure if I'll buy DLC 5 yet, if there's another character or two I might be tempted. (Baby Vegeta and Majuub plz)

Those characters are amazing and I hope they get in, but I want more Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren (or Toppo).
AnimeNation101 wrote:

You’re on the money. Apparently DLC 5 is the expansion and is coming out in winter so i predict Janurary because December winter starts on the 21st.

This means we have November and December and Jump Festa for more reveals. I’m expecting Baby Vegeta and Uub/Majuub for November and Pikkon and Demigra for December
They said several times that the DLC is coming out in fall.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!