Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:48 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:07 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:45 pmSurprisingly they use terms like "Saiyan" and "Kami".
Wait, did they finally get rid of "Guerreiros do Espaço"?
It's kind of like the GT dub where they mix it so they say "Saiyan" but still use "Super Guerreiro". From what I understood from responses to criticism that the studio was not being faithful to the portuguese terminology Audio-In is trying to transition from the old terminology to a faithful translation, that's why you have "Satã" but at the same time "Kami" etc.

Also, the box office for the opening weeked is out SH made €79.424,10 which is €6.000 more than Broly did so its expected that it will become the second most watched anime movie in Portugal.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:16 am

So I'm a Brit living in Portugal and I saw it at a tiny screen in a bigger cinema in Lisbon. Subbed showing at 00:10 at night. I thought between a little bit of português I have and the Dragonball context Japanese words and knowing tonnes of spoilers I'd understand everything but I found myself wishing I could have understood some dialogue.

My gf leaned and translated but she seemed to only translate the things I did know already.

But still it was a great experience. Pan was adorbs I suspect the daytime weekend showings with kids were packed.

I saw a lot of 20 something nerds coming out of our showing and the one before.

Saw a guy miming what I recognised as Piccolo laranjas hit on gamma 2 and she even guessed “yeah those guys saw the movie.”

My gf watched DB as a kid but it's foggy and she hasn't seen any super but she said she liked it and enjoyed it more then she thought she would. We both thought there would actually be more/longer fights.

I want to see how the two mangas and xv2 incorporate this stuff.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm

I haven't seen the movie's dub yet but from I saw the cast list on Dobragens Portuguesas Wiki:

1) I'm glad to see more names on the cast, specially Teresa Macedo (finally, they got a third woman in the cast) and Peter Michael (It's about time he showed up on Dragon Ball)

2) Second, I couldn't help but I noticed there were some recasts on the already established cast (Videl, Yajirobe, Karin). Is there any particular reason for this?

3) This is more specific: I saw that Quimbé is now the new Goten. Did he voice him like Joey Wheeler from Yu-Gi-Oh or he had to do an impression of Ricardo Spínola?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:06 pm

Tian wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm I haven't seen the movie's dub yet but from I saw the cast list on Dobragens Portuguesas Wiki:
1) I'm glad to see more names on the cast, specially Teresa Macedo (finally, they got a third woman in the cast) and Peter Michael (It's about time he showed up on Dragon Ball)
2) Second, I couldn't help but I noticed there were some recasts on the already established cast (Videl, Yajirobe, Karin). Is there any particular reason for this?
3) This is more specific: I saw that Quimbé is now the new Goten. Did he voice him like Joey Wheeler from Yu-Gi-Oh or he had to do an impression of Ricardo Spínola?
1) yes and they are great
2) Stupidity from the director, literally no reason for this change.
3) he voiced him like Joey Wheeler and it 100% worked
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:06 pm 3) he voiced him like Joey Wheeler and it 100% worked
Good to know because I wouldn't have liked to listen him doing an impression of Spinola.

Also, I found surprising they brought a separate actor for Cell Max because I thought Quimbé would inherit him too since all his dialogue is just screams and the director wouldn't have liked to waste time to get another new actor just for those screams.