Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Ah you're past the retellings congrats! :P Were there any breaks of some sorts or has the show continued at a normal pace? I only ask because press releases for France/Itay/America say Seaosn 1 (up to episode 26) will air, I am just wondering if that's a generic thing their all saying.
We had a two week break after episode 26, not because it was season 1's ending, but because of Christmas and New Year.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:What episode are you guys on now?
Episode 30 aired today at 9:15am.
Ah you're past the retellings congrats! :P Were there any breaks of some sorts or has the show continued at a normal pace? I only ask because press releases for France/Itay/America say Seaosn 1 (up to episode 26) will air, I am just wondering if that's a generic thing their all saying.
It has continued at a normal place only stopping in the last two weekends of 2016 due to special programming. But we also have Season 1 and Season 2.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Okay cool thanks guy so it seems it is a technical thing then to label them as seasons. Also is the dub still gaggy?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay cool thanks guy so it seems it is a technical thing then to label them as seasons. Also is the dub still gaggy?
Thankfully no, jokes are rare and none of them are 4th wall breaking.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay cool thanks guy so it seems it is a technical thing then to label them as seasons. Also is the dub still gaggy?
Thankfully no, jokes are rare and none of them are 4th wall breaking.
Well that's good to hear I remember there being a bit of controversy when the dub first started.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Well that's good to hear I remember there being a bit of controversy when the dub first started.
Oh yeah. I mean just compare this two clips from Vegeta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8C7VDqxYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pZAbc5xnM
(I know in the second he should be quiet but I think it's more awesome this way)

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Well that's good to hear I remember there being a bit of controversy when the dub first started.
Oh yeah. I mean just compare this two clips from Vegeta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8C7VDqxYc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pZAbc5xnM
(I know in the second he should be quiet but I think it's more awesome this way)
Crap! Just noticed the second clip got a copyright strike and i can't upload one that doesn't get taken down. Well all I can say is it's a lot better.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm

-Episode 29 and 30-
What's up with these people that they can't even speak their native language correctly?!

Bulma - "...pota do Universo" instead of "...ponta do Universo" when she's talking about how the Super Dragon Radar works.
Beerus - "Naquela voz do Freezer" instead of "Naquela vez do Freezer" when he's talking about what happened in ROF arc.

How they don't find anything wrong with these lines when they are dubbing?! Seriously... :roll:

On the bright side, Feist is doing a fantastic job handling man child Goku. Since DBS Goku can be more DB Goku than DBZ Goku, I was curious to see how he would handle his attitudes but so far he nailed it.

Loy's Vegeta has also been great, even though sometimes feels like he forces his lines too much and it doesn't come out naturally. Still a far above performance from what we got in the beginning though.

Goku arguing with the narrator when he was doing the recap was actually really well done. Those are the kind of jokes I don't mind. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:40 am

^Agree a 100%. I have a feeling this was an endo of the Day episode, as in it was the Last episode dubbed that Day and they were tired and received indications that it was a filler episode so they didn't need to do their best.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 am

Wouldn't be surprised, they were dubbing four episodes a week (all in one day) on average before.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:50 am

And if they, by an act of God, are redubbing the first episodes they dubbed even more.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am

Not happening. At most they'd redo the censored scene, but I doubt even that.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 am

A Man can dream.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:42 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Goku arguing with the narrator when he was doing the recap was actually really well done. Those are the kind of jokes I don't mind. :lol:
Just checked the japanase version and that's part of the original script.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Just checked the japanase version and that's part of the original script.
Just checked too and you're right. It felt like something our cast would genuinely do.
My bad.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:39 pm

By the way guys, we have the Japanese version available here in Portugal, with English subs, legally through Daisuki. I had no idea, I just discovered it because of that Wikipedia link posted here before xD

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 pm

omegalucas wrote:By the way guys, we have the Japanese version available here in Portugal, with English subs, legally through Daisuki. I had no idea, I just discovered it because of that Wikipedia link posted here before xD
Yeah it covers the entire EU, been watching it through there since it started simulcasting. Wonder if it will haver have all the dubs made in the EU.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah, I'm watching from there too since it started. It's such a simple way to support the franchise for anyone that knows English.
I'm still surprised Portugal wasn't left out like always though.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 am

It's probably cuz we have the rights for the show through SIC.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 am

Wow :problem: Can't believe they used this image in the SicK website.

Seriously. Why did they choose the first image they found in Google!