How would you like Super to end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: How would you like Super to end?

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:09 pm

Araki wrote:He means you're speaking for youself, and don't represent millions.
So the millions of fans who've supported the franchise for years don't deserve better ? not only are they putting out a mediocre product, they're blaming the fans for its bad reputation so if that isn't enough to show you that they don't respect their fans then I don't know what will.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Like in Dragonball Online. Old Goku and Vegeta fight to the death, eventually killing each other in an epic beam battle. Goten and Trunks then both come to the battle field after it's over and pick up the pieces of their gi and armor that are left over. This inspires Goten to wear one like his fathers and Trunks to wear one like his. Gohan is left thinking who will protect the earth now. He decides that it's only right the earthlings should and makes a book teaching everyone to use ki. Mr. Satan finally comes clean and says Gohan's the one who saved the world from Cell. He draws a crude image of Gohan to show the world how he looks like and the world ends up mistaking Yamcha for Gohan. Yamcha ends up getting known as the world's strongest and everyone goes crazy for him. Lunch sees the news and recognizes him. She tracks him down and finds Tien's whereabouts and they get married. Honestly don't know what to do with Piccolo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Reminder to redirect all complaints about Dragon Ball Super as a series here.

Thank you.

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Just curious on your opinion of Super. I've seen a lot of your posts, and I can't tell where you stand on it.
Overall I'm disappointed with it cause I know it has the potential to be a great show but Toei and Toriyama don't want to put in the work so instead we're stuck with an underdeveloped product that hurts the original's legacy and has no respect for the millions of fans who got this franchise to where it is now.
Yourself.

=====
It's hard to conceive an ending, as I had more epic plots in mind when the series was announced.
Instead I got something different.
All the arcs and movies ended with a fun or lighthearted scene so I think the tradition will be in Super too.
EoZ will not be even touched or mentioned,staying miles away and never suggested. There's no need to link anything about or explain with coherence what one day will happen.
SUPER is a product on his own, how can you end the final DVD with something like "now people go back to the last DBZ DVD to see what's going on". No way. Super will be self contained.
No , he means the millions of fans who got this show to where it is.

ryou766 wrote:Reminder to redirect all complaints about Dragon Ball Super as a series here.

Thank you.
Oh please.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:29 pm

"Oh please", problem?

Complaining about the series on a thread that's sole purpose to express how you believe said series will end isn't needed. Take it elsewhere.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 pm

That, and you complain needlessly on other threads about the series.

Another way I'd like it to end is by, after EOZ, killing off Goku at some point somehow and making Vegeta the hero of Earth (kind of like DBNA). Otherwise, somehow establish canon between Super and GT.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:06 pm

ryou766 wrote:"Oh please", problem?

Complaining about the series on a thread that's sole purpose to express how you believe said series will end isn't needed. Take it elsewhere.
Take your high horse attitude elsewhere. He was asked a question and he responded.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I asked him a question. I got a legitimate answer. I didn't ask for a different conversation completely unrelated to how Super could end.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 pm

saiyanvegetable wrote:
ryou766 wrote:"Oh please", problem?

Take your high horse attitude elsewhere. He was asked a question and he responded.
Your first mistake is assuming that I was only addressing him.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 pm

I'm honestly really not sure on how exactly I'd like it to end. All I know is that I would like it to go past the original ending. I wanna see Goku train Oob and I also wanna see how Vegeta thinks Oob should be trained. I'm not sure where I stand on an ending but I certainly want Oob to be integrated into it :lol:
Last edited by Bansho64 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Bansho64 wrote:I'm honestly really not sure on how exactly I'd like to end. All I know is that I would like it to go past the original ending. I wanna see Goku train Oob and I also wanna see how Vegeta thinks Oob should be trained. I'm not sure where I stand on an ending but I certainly want Oob to be integrated to it :lol:
Maybe see how Vegeta reacts to Oob/Uub? I don't recall seeing that in GT.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:I'm honestly really not sure on how exactly I'd like to end. All I know is that I would like it to go past the original ending. I wanna see Goku train Oob and I also wanna see how Vegeta thinks Oob should be trained. I'm not sure where I stand on an ending but I certainly want Oob to be integrated to it :lol:
Maybe see how Vegeta reacts to Oob/Uub? I don't recall seeing that in GT.
We did see some of that during EoZ. Unless you mean an actual interaction between the two.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:27 pm

I haven't seen EOZ yet, although I'm getting there. But yes, interaction, like a full-blown conversation. Maybe after EOZ, even a fight. :o
MyAnimeList | AniList

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I haven't seen EOZ yet, although I'm getting there. But yes, interaction, like a full-blown conversation. Maybe after EOZ, even a fight. :o
You never know, maybe Oob would like to be trained by Vegeta instead of Goku :lol: That certainly would be an interesting plot.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:53 am

I think a way to keep all fans happy is to finish it with the 12 universe tournament and the final is universe 6 vs universe 7. The format is five 1 vs 1 battles and the universe with 3 wins win.

So Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and maybe future Trunks.

Goku vs Hit = Hit win
Vegeta vs Cabba = Cabba win
Piccolo vs Frost = Piccolo win
Gohan vs Magetta = Gohan win
Future Trunks vs Botamo = Future Trunks win

This keeps Gohan Trunks and Piccolo fans happy as they won the tournament

To keep the Goku and Vegeta fans happy, they can fight the main villain in this final tournament arc and eventually beat him by fusing.

So in the end everyone should be satisfied.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:40 am

I highly doubt Vados would pick the same fighters, maybe just Hit and possibly Cabba.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:00 am

saiyanvegetable wrote:With a formal apology.
Best.....answer.....ever!!! :clap: :lol: :lol:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I highly doubt Vados would pick the same fighters, maybe just Hit and possibly Cabba.
Frost seems like a promising possibility, as well; if they decide to pull the "Frost has ascended into his golden form" card.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:36 am

With the recent revelation that the King of Everything eliminated six universes in the past, I wonder if we haven't gotten the narrative thrust for the rest of the series: Goku and friends, through strength and single-mindedness, convincing this formerly capricious and callous highest of gods to value individual life.

It'd pay off on all of the god-related material that began with the arrival of Beerus (or even the Boo arc, depending on how you look at it), and remain in step with Goku continuously, and even accidentally, letting his good-natured qualities influence the world around him with broader and broader consequences. (Even as, in classic Toriyama style, this is the last thing on Goku's mind.)

It's a similar structure to the one ultimately used to give narrative shape to Dr. Slump, and in line with much of what Dragon Ball has built toward in the past.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:52 am

kinisking wrote:Like in Dragonball Online. Old Goku and Vegeta fight to the death, eventually killing each other in an epic beam battle. Goten and Trunks then both come to the battle field after it's over and pick up the pieces of their gi and armor that are left over. This inspires Goten to wear one like his fathers and Trunks to wear one like his. Gohan is left thinking who will protect the earth now. He decides that it's only right the earthlings should and makes a book teaching everyone to use ki. Mr. Satan finally comes clean and says Gohan's the one who saved the world from Cell. He draws a crude image of Gohan to show the world how he looks like and the world ends up mistaking Yamcha for Gohan. Yamcha ends up getting known as the world's strongest and everyone goes crazy for him. Lunch sees the news and recognizes him. She tracks him down and finds Tien's whereabouts and they get married. Honestly don't know what to do with Piccolo.
Wow, that's exactly the ending that i want for this series (after the multiversal tournament), it would be pretty cool and it would finally give the spotlight to new characters.
But before that (and after the tournament) i would love to see some specials with other characters, something like the adventures of Jaco as a time Patrol, but this time with Goten and Trunk's company (and i want them being useful), or we could see the U6 fighters having adventures together with crazy stories in their universe, things like that.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote: