Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:40 pm

ABED wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:When Shen Long is summoned, is the entire world in darkness or does he just effect a specific range?
It looks like the entire world.
What if you summoned Shenron on the Sun?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:20 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote: What if you summoned Shenron on the Sun?
Shenron would probably die by the heat of the star.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

404FILENOTFOUND
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 404FILENOTFOUND » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:27 am

Why is future Trunks arc considered fan fiction tier?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:25 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
ABED wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:When Shen Long is summoned, is the entire world in darkness or does he just effect a specific range?
It looks like the entire world.
How could you summon him on the sun?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:28 am

ABED wrote:
RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
ABED wrote: It looks like the entire world.
How could you summon him on the sun?
Bring the Dragonballs there.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 am

How do you suppose you could get near enough to the sun where you weren't burnt to a crisp before?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:33 am

ABED wrote:How do you suppose you could get near enough to the sun where you weren't burnt to a crisp before?
Duh, obviously you do it at night so it's not so hot. :roll:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:48 pm

ABED wrote:How do you suppose you could get near enough to the sun where you weren't burnt to a crisp before?
Ki barrier, Be a god, previously wish for heat invulnerability, have Magetta or a metalman do it....

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:13 pm

I feel like that would just destroy the Dragon Balls.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:18 am

How many episodes does Funi's first blu-ray set go up to ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:55 pm

How many continuity breaks does the series have? I've thought about how many will consider things like the Z anime, GT, Super, the films, etc. as not part of their personal canon for one reason or the other. How far could you take that? The moment the Dragon Balls reset in eight months should render it incompatible with the older chapters, right? So much like the films, you won't count them as, "real". Moving forward, you've started a new and original plot until a contradiction or inconsistency arrives once more and you're beginning a new continuity, eventually creating many eras of Dragon Ball, self-contained so long as nothing is, "wrong". This might leave many points in the series with cliffhangers. :lol:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:59 pm

soppa saia people wrote:How many episodes does Funi's first blu-ray set go up to ?
Episode 1 - 39

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 am

nato25 wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:How many episodes does Funi's first blu-ray set go up to ?
Episode 1 - 39
Alright sweet, I've been thinking about getting season 2 but didn't know when it started. I already have Dragon Box 1 for the Saiyan arc.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I think the Omni-King is the worst designed character in DB history and perhaps one of the worst of all of anime.

Everything about his design is just ugly looking and terrible,he's just a bunch of simple shapes and overly bright colours.

And no I'm not saying this because he isn't big and muscular. Small characters like Pilaf, Guldo, Garlic Jr and Kid Buu all have designs leagues better than the Omni-King.

Everytime I remember that this piece of shit looking character exists as the most powerful being and ruler of the DBU I get annoyned.

Honestly how could anyone defend such an ugly and uninspired design? he belongs in Adventure Time not Dragon Ball.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

The Monkey King wrote:I think the Omni-King is the worst designed character in DB history and perhaps one of the worst of all of anime.

Everything about his design is just ugly looking and terrible,he's just a bunch of simple shapes and overly bright colours.

And no I'm not saying this because he isn't big and muscular. Small characters like Pilaf, Guldo, Garlic Jr and Kid Buu all have designs leagues better than the Omni-King.

Everytime I remember that this piece of shit looking character exists as the most powerful being and ruler of the DBU I get annoyned.

Honestly how could anyone defend such an ugly and uninspired design? he belongs in Adventure Time not Dragon Ball.
His design is ok for me but the overall color scheme for him is awful.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:42 pm

I think the design looks ridiculous at first glance. However, in real life bright colors in animals, like frogs or bees for example, give a sign that says *danger, keep away*. Also Popo eyes lol.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:52 pm

The Monkey King wrote:I think the Omni-King is the worst designed character in DB history and perhaps one of the worst of all of anime.

I don't know if that's a bad shot of him or that's how he normally looks, but yeah I agree, crap design, especially the lemon used.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:35 pm

It is pretty obvious he was intentionally designed that way, as emphasised by his voice. Pretty sure worst character design is what they were going for.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It is pretty obvious he was intentionally designed that way, as emphasised by his voice. Pretty sure worst character design is what they were going for.
That doesn't make it any better, in fact that may make it even worse.

It reminds me of one of my favourite games: No More Heroes 2, which was a fantastic game until you fought the final boss who looked like this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

While during the game you fought against bosses with sweet, intricate designs such as:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

All while playing as a pretty cool looking, well designed assassin:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When questioned about the lack luster final boss the game's director Suda 51 said something along the lines of since the main character was fighting for revenge, he didn't want to make it satisfying for the player.

At the end of the day this "reasoning" didn't make the last boss fight any less shitty and annoyed a lot of fans of the series. The whole "It's supposed to be bad so it's okay" excuse is a shiity cop-out as far as I'm concerned.

It's like if you shit yourself in public, it doesn't matter if you did it on purpose, you still smell like shit.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:30 pm

The Monkey King wrote:It's like if you shit yourself in public, it doesn't matter if you did it on purpose, you still smell like shit.
I don't think that's exactly the same as subverting expectations.