Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:09 pm

SSGSS is cool. I love it.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS is cool. I love it.

It's my favorite transformation, so it's nice to see some people who like it. :mrgreen:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Cipher wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Also the Goku/Superman debate.
You mean how good of friends they would be?
That, and who would be Player 1 and Player 2 in Timesplitters 2 co-op.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:39 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SSGSS is cool. I love it.

It's my favorite transformation, so it's nice to see some people who like it. :mrgreen:
Was in love with it since it was first revealed. It's been looking inconsistent in Super but last episode re ignited my love for it!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:09 pm

One of my favorite Goku moments is when Superman lobotomizes him their DB rematch.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:One of my favorite Goku moments is when Superman lobotomizes him their DB rematch.
You really don't like Goku, do you? :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:One of my favorite Goku moments is when Superman lobotomizes him their DB rematch.
Only in GT ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Only in GT ;)
The same GT where he denounced he was Saiyan referred to himself as an Earthling?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The same GT where he denounced he was Saiyan referred to himself as an Earthling?
A small fuck up to tolerate for having him showing the capacity to care about stuff other than fighting and being all-around much more mature than in basically anything else he's ever appeared in. The Goku from Z & Super would never manage to tame Golden Oozaru and become an SS4 given how much of a selfish prick he is who'd probably eat Pan before stopping to remember a *le gasp* a non-fighting related event.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Today I attended a live FLOW concert at an anime convention! Oh, and not just FLOW, but they had Hironobu Kageyama himself and together with FLOW they gave us one awesome Head Cha La performance!

Sadly... because it was very late at night and I got tired and I have another convention to visit tomorrow and it was an hour and a half drive trip, I had to sacrifice the JAM Project concert. But hey, Hironobu Kageyama and Head Cha La? What more would I ask?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Only in GT
Ay, he was pretty good in the Saiyajin and Namek arcs. He made some jerky moves but that's when I felt that his characterization was at its best.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Why would Goku dedicate Freeza's defeat in memory of the Saiyans, knowing how evil they themselves were?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Why would Goku dedicate Freeza's defeat in memory of the Saiyans, knowing how evil they themselves were?
I guess he wanted to honor his Race. Maybe it was only for Vegeta, which would've also been for the Saiyans.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Why would Goku dedicate Freeza's defeat in memory of the Saiyans, knowing how evil they themselves were?
Does he actually say that in the manga? I know he does in Xenoverse but in the manga I don't remember him mentioning the Saiyan's besides the time Freeza comments on how they were even worse than him.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:29 pm

What? He never goes that far. He does say he'll defeat him for all the Saiyans he killed, as well as the Namekians, but he's not so much talking up or pardoning the former as he is acknowledging his heritage and that destroying an entire race of people is generally wrong. He's also just seen some humanity from Vegeta and come to respect his pride.

But, yes, he does specifically say "for all the Saiyans you killed, and all the Namekians." It's just after Freeza kills Vegeta, before their fight really kicks off.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Only in GT ;)
I know you find the Original Dragon Ball boring, but how did you like him then ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Is it any coincidence that both "Z" no Chikai and Yoka Yoka Dance, both by girl groups, get so much hate? :|
MyAnimeList | AniList

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:I know you find the Original Dragon Ball boring, but how did you like him then ?
I like him best when he's got interesting, preferably bad people to play off of, like how he's the only actual good person in the Hunt for the Dragon Balls arc whereas everyone around him are assholes :lol:

Beyond that, he's a total non-entity as a character for me until the Daimao arc has him show a darker side to his personality like wanting revenge and going to great lengths to get it.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Is it any coincidence that both "Z" no Chikai and Yoka Yoka Dance, both by girl groups, get so much hate? :|
It's probably because they're generic, upbeat idol pop, rather than the gender of their singers, if that's what you're suggesting?

Because plenty of other intros and outros with female singers in the various Dragon Ball series have been well-received.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Cipher wrote:It's probably because they're generic, upbeat idol pop, rather than the gender of their singers, if that's what you're suggesting?
But they're not. Well, not Chikai anyway. I'm listening to the same song as everyone else, and I'm pretty sure it leans towards being dark. Far, far from generic.
MyAnimeList | AniList