DragonBall AF: The Prank (Revealed)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shower Sylvia

Post by Shower Sylvia » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:43 pm

It actually makes sense in a warped kind of way...

If TOEi see enough interest, then they're bound to try and milk it. They are a company out there to make money after all. If it keeps going, and AF continues to grow as fan boys wet their pants over the thought of a SSJ5, then I expect the sad reality is that one day, we will actually see another Dragonball series that has even less imput from AT, and is even shitter than GT...

...Lousy.
For some fun... http://s4.invisionfree.com/Chibi_Gohans_Lookout/index.php?act=idx

Tjalian

Post by Tjalian » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:49 pm

SSJ5 *shivers*

SSJ4 was enough!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:20 pm

Just a reminder that I'd like to keep this "official" thread related to our specific April Fool's 2004 prank, and only such. General AF theory conversations can be taken to a new thread, if desired :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Battle Damaged Goku

Post by Battle Damaged Goku » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:13 pm

Tjalian wrote:SSJ5 *shivers*

SSJ4 was enough!!
SSJ5 would be too much, I mean 5 forms to transform. It's insane! The levels are like neverending.

plusloud

Got bored, so...

Post by plusloud » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:30 am

Yeah, so I got bored. Obviously. And I read through the prank and prank details all over again. And then it hit me.

Someone should write and perform the "DB AF Theme." Anyone know how to use GarageBand? Anyone here know what that is?
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Re: Got bored, so...

Post by Mattias » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:25 am

Kiriyama BRX wrote:Yeah, so I got bored. Obviously. And I read through the prank and prank details all over again. And then it hit me.

Someone should write and perform the "DB AF Theme." Anyone know how to use GarageBand? Anyone here know what that is?
Yeah, I have an account there...I don't know why since I'm not in a band. I like that idea. Alls we need is somebody who can sing (I can sing, but I'm a bass, so I'm out. XP)
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:56 pm

I'd think writing the thing would come first.

What kind of theme are we looking at here? Some loud FUNimation thing?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:46 pm

Wasn't there an EXTREMELY short-lived made up series called Dragonball V? I could've sworn FUNimation announced something with AF saying that it too was fake.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:23 pm

Yes there is also apparently a DBV but that one I believe was definitely proven to be a fanfic or fancomic. I believe though that someone even went so far as to make episode titles for it.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:59 pm

Mattias wrote:
Kiriyama BRX wrote:Someone should write and perform the "DB AF Theme." Anyone know how to use GarageBand? Anyone here know what that is?
Yeah, I have an account there...I don't know why since I'm not in a band. I like that idea. Alls we need is somebody who can sing (I can sing, but I'm a bass, so I'm out. XP)
Err... he means the multi-track music recording / editing program from Apple. What are you talking about, exactly? :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Yes there is also apparently a DBV but that one I believe was definitely proven to be a fanfic or fancomic. I believe though that someone even went so far as to make episode titles for it.
Actually, DBV is a fanfic with 'Episodes' instead of Chapters. So the episode titles are really the chapter titles. It's just that some idiots thought it was in depth episode summaries. o_O
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:40 pm

...As well as it being yet another fic where Trunks and Pan get together...

Although I enjoyed the fact that Paikuhan had a son in it...

Anywho, VegEX, I believe we were promised MORE SCREENS on AF? (I know, I know, you're busy as fuck... but the latent fanbody tendencies in me couldn't resist).
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:57 pm

The prank was just a pure work of ART!!!!
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:18 pm

Mattias wrote:
Kiriyama BRX wrote:Yeah, so I got bored. Obviously. And I read through the prank and prank details all over again. And then it hit me.

What's wrong with being a bass?

I can sing to, but my voice is pretty deep....

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:25 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Mattias wrote:

What's wrong with being a bass?

I can sing to, but my voice is pretty deep....
Being able to sing deep a-is an advantage, not a disadvantage :wink:
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 pm

I meet new Japanese friends all the time through Japanese Maple Story (free on-line rpg). One thought Dragonball AF was real, thinking it was just a American spin-off of Dragonball, comic/show. He thought it was strange seeing pictures of Kullilin as a SSJ ... and couldn't figure out why he would be one. :lol:

I just gave him a link to this thread instead of explaining it all. :D

SuperVegeta

Post by SuperVegeta » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:54 am

sai ram
I just wanted to ask this question. And since this discusses about the fan fiction, i thought this thread would be the right place. I have been writing my own fan fiction called Dragonball Ball NG: Next Generation. It continues from where DBGT left - Goku and Vegeta JR. fighting in the tournament. I wanted to know if I could post it somewhere here since I could not find a specific Fan Fiction section. So, any suggestions people? o.o
sai ram

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:07 pm

Well, there is no "official" spot on the board for Fan Stuff. But Mike (VegettoEX, the Webmastah) lets us get a thread dedicated to fanart and stuff going every once in a while.

The current one would be my thread here, which has gotten a lot of attention (ten pages! Wh00t!). It's not just for fanart, but for anything DragonBall fan-made, which, I guess, is why it's gone on for so long.

That includes fanfiction, too. But please, don't post anything more than a small excerpt on the thread itself, because we don't want to waste too much space. But if you have, or want to, put your story up on someplace like FanFiction.net, and then provide a link on the thread, then by all means, do. Myself and a few others have several FanFiction projects running that we've been reading and "reviewing" for each other, and we'd love to add yours to the mix.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SuperVegeta

Post by SuperVegeta » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:43 pm

sai ram
So, I can't make a thread for it anywhere here? It is really long so far. o.o I have come up with 12 chapters to it. But if there is no other way, then I will put it up on that site. Then do I put up the links in your thread? If yes, then how do we go about discussing about the story? :S
sai ram
Buu: Knock Knock
Vegeta: Who's there?
Buu: Buu
Vegeta: Buu who? (boo hoo)
Buu: Aww don't cry.....

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:49 pm

SuperVegeta wrote:sai ram
So, I can't make a thread for it anywhere here? It is really long so far. o.o I have come up with 12 chapters to it. But if there is no other way, then I will put it up on that site. Then do I put up the links in your thread? If yes, then how do we go about discussing about the story? :S
sai ram
It's not that you can't make a new thread, it's just that we already have one dedicated to FanArt, Fanfiction and such, so it makes more sense to put it in there. Putting the story up on FanFiction.net then linking to it in the thread so we can talk about it there is the best way to do it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!