Siblings don't get much to do

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Siblings don't get much to do

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Goku's brother Raditz was a means to showcasing Goku as an Saiyan and expanding the DB universe. He may be the most significant sibling in the DB saga, but then that's not saying much.

Vegeta's brother Tarble and Bulma's sister Tights got one-off appearances. They may be as underrated as a lot of DB characters.

Beerus and Whis have as siblings Shanpa and Vados, but I don't know when we'll see them again.

The only purpose Goten Gohan's brother has, as far as I can tell, is to fuse with Trunks to form Gotenks.

Trunks's sister Bra from GT may not appear in the new timeline created by DB Super.

So yeah, siblings don't get much to do in the short-term appearances. It bothers me with some characters (Raditz, Tarble, Tights) and with others I don't really see them as needing to exist, or even be connected (Gotenks, Shanpa).
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Siblings don't get much to do

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:48 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Goku's brother Raditz was a means to showcasing Goku as an Saiyan and expanding the DB universe. He may be the most significant sibling in the DB saga, but then that's not saying much.

Vegeta's brother Tarble and Bulma's sister Tights got one-off appearances. They may be as underrated as a lot of DB characters.

Beerus and Whis have as siblings Shanpa and Vados, but I don't know when we'll see them again.

The only purpose Goten Gohan's brother has, as far as I can tell, is to fuse with Trunks to form Gotenks.

Trunks's sister Bra from GT may not appear in the new timeline created by DB Super.

So yeah, siblings don't get much to do in the short-term appearances. It bothers me with some characters (Raditz, Tarble, Tights) and with others I don't really see them as needing to exist, or even be connected (Gotenks, Shanpa).
Raditz's brother, Goku, Tarble's brother, Vegeta, Tights' sister, Bulma, Bra's brother, Trunks, and Goten's brother, Gohan, all get to do plenty :P

And Bra is in Z, by the way.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Raditz's brother, Goku, Tarble's brother, Vegeta, Tights' sister, Bulma, Bra's brother, Trunks, and Goten's brother, Gohan, all get to do plenty :P
Ha, nice one! :lol: :clap:

Jokes aside, though, it really is unfortunate how little these characters (and others) do in general. But, like I always say, fanfiction!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Let's not forget Uranai Baba, although I guess she has done plenty already. For those that don't know or remember, she is Roshi's sister.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:02 am

17's sister, and brother(?), and other brother(?), and even otherer brother(?) did some stuff. There's also Piano's brothers getting it in, at the cost of Piano himself.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Bulla should appear in Super because she was in the EoZ. Also, I mostly agree with you on this except for Goten. Even though he's kind of a background character in Super he's always been Goku's successor (if it isn't Pan).
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:11 pm

MajinMan wrote:Let's not forget Uranai Baba, although I guess she has done plenty already. For those that don't know or remember, she is Roshi's sister.
Forgot about Baba.
floofychan333 wrote:Bulla should appear in Super because she was in the EoZ. Also, I mostly agree with you on this except for Goten. Even though he's kind of a background character in Super he's always been Goku's successor (if it isn't Pan).
I thought Goku's successor was meant to be Gohan?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.