General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:Actually, quick question. Is it alright to change some character's personalities if their boring, or are a near clone of another character? Just need to know for my Fan Fiction.
Why do I feel like you're thinking of Frost while posing this question :P
Your close, but the one I'm redoing is Cooler :P . Might even send you some of it to see what you think.
Sure, send it over.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Do you guys think it's too much of a stretch to have a fix that ignores the movies and Super, but sort of uses ideas from all of them to form some arcs? I have an idea I've had in my head for awhile that I've been thinking about even before Super came out
My Dragonball Fanfiction: Dragonball Next

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Starkiller_Ren wrote:Do you guys think it's too much of a stretch to have a fix that ignores the movies and Super, but sort of uses ideas from all of them to form some arcs? I have an idea I've had in my head for awhile that I've been thinking about even before Super came out
That's what a fair number of us are doing at the moment, what're the ideas you've got?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Starkiller_Ren wrote:Do you guys think it's too much of a stretch to have a fix that ignores the movies and Super, but sort of uses ideas from all of them to form some arcs? I have an idea I've had in my head for awhile that I've been thinking about even before Super came out
That's what a fair number of us are doing at the moment, what're the ideas you've got?

I meant fic instead of fix, oops haha. But my idea came out of Dragonball Online, so it's one of those future fics about two kids from the competing schools, one from Krillin's Turtle school and one from Tien's Crane school
My Dragonball Fanfiction: Dragonball Next

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:43 am

Eer had that moment where you want to put in a badass line, but all the lines you can come up with are stupid?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:04 am

Kanassa wrote:Ever had that moment where you want to put in a badass line, but all the lines you can come up with are stupid?
"Josuke, say something to him. Something cool. Let him have it!"
"Y-You didn't scare me at all, you idiot!"
:lol:
Yeah, it definitely happens. You can play stupid one-liners for laughs, though, at least.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm

It's not a stretch, especially considering we have fanfics to improve the arcs of Super and the movies. Attempting to use an idea of an arc, but differently, can be done well. I have no problems with that. Though, that might be because I'm kind of doing the same thing for my fic. Just instead of Super, it's the Dragonball Movies/Games (Cooler's Revenge, Android 13, Cooler's Return, Shin Budokai: Another Road, ect)

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 pm

Kanassa wrote:
It's not a stretch, especially considering we have fanfics to improve the arcs of Super and the movies. Attempting to use an idea of an arc, but differently, can be done well. I have no problems with that. Though, that might be because I'm kind of doing the same thing for my fic. Just instead of Super, it's the Dragonball Movies/Games (Cooler's Revenge, Android 13, Cooler's Return, Shin Budokai: Another Road, ect)
You're doing all of that as part of more Future Trunks stories? That explains a lot :P

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: You're doing all of that as part of more Future Trunks stories? That explains a lot :P
It does?

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: You're doing all of that as part of more Future Trunks stories? That explains a lot :P
It does?
It does, I didn't fully get the premise behind your series besides more stuff happening to Future Trunks but now that I've got a clear idea I'll have a better time reading through it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:44 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: It does, I didn't fully get the premise behind your series besides more stuff happening to Future Trunks but now that I've got a clear idea I'll have a better time reading through it.
The premise isn;t Future Trunks just going through his own version of the movies, it's just that two movie villains and some of the ideas presented in the movies are present in the story. The premise is more Trunks learning to cope without having to bring another timeline into this, being heavily involved in later plot points, consequences and severe 'kick-you-in-the-gut' moments.

And here I assumed only Gog was reading it :D

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: It does, I didn't fully get the premise behind your series besides more stuff happening to Future Trunks but now that I've got a clear idea I'll have a better time reading through it.
The premise isn;t Future Trunks just going through his own version of the movies, it's just that two movie villains and some of the ideas presented in the movies are present in the story. The premise is more Trunks learning to cope without having to bring another timeline into this, being heavily involved in later plot points, consequences and severe 'kick-you-in-the-gut' moments.

And here I assumed only Gog was reading it :D
Can I ask who made that cool photo cover for it? I've been meaning of getting one made for my own stuff but I'm not skilled at photo editing.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Can I ask who made that cool photo cover for it? I've been meaning of getting one made for my own stuff but I'm not skilled at photo editing.
You mean the cover on my fic? I did that.

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:28 pm

As of right now, the cover for my fic is a lame logo edit, but that might change when I relaunch the fic if I decide to draw a cover, or just do what Kanassa did and make an edit (mine of which would probably be even lamer than my logo :P).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm in the mood for another Goku Black one shot but I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with it, anyone get any scenario they want to see him get thrown into?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm in the mood for another Goku Black one shot but I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with it, anyone get any scenario they want to see him get thrown into?
He accidentally switches bodies with Yamcha

Kanassa wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 pm

I was thinking of how the God hierarchy works, as it's a pretty fair assumption at this point that the Gods of Destruction are former mortals turned Gods. And I figured out a system that works as such: the Omni-king was the first being in existence. Due to his boredom, he created someone to entertain him: the Grand Priest. The Grand Priest thought it would be a good idea to create more stuff, as it would ease the Omni-king's boredom, so he created the 18 universes. Since the Grand Priest was left in-charge of them, the Omni-king created his two attendants to keep him busy. The universes were ruled by the Kaioshin.

Since there's a set number of souls per universe, many universes started suffering from problems internally. As such, particularly powerful mortals were picked by the Grand Priest as Gods of Destruction: gods who would destroy life in order to retain the balance in the souls in the afterlife and the souls in the living realms. The angels were created as much more powerful to keep them from rebelling against the Kaioshin (and the link between the Gods of Destruction and the Kaioshin created for the same purpose, for if one GoD gets too powerful, killing off the Kaioshin would be the easy way to deal with him). In turn, the Gods of Destruction got access to Godly Ki and an extended lifespan so they'd be able to do their job for millenia to come. Of course, though, since they're just glorified mortals, they're susceptible to being replaced at any point. The angels get deactivated once a GoD dies because their purpose is merely to attend to the GoD, their free will is irrelevant.

As a second note, thinking of writing an introspective one shot from Goku's perspective (using the lyrics of the new OP as a basis) after his match with Bergamo.
Last edited by Doctor. on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm in the mood for another Goku Black one shot but I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with it, anyone get any scenario they want to see him get thrown into?
Goku Black falls in love?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Gog wrote:
Goku Black falls in love?
What is this.... love you speak of? :P
Doctor. wrote:I was thinking of how the God hierarchy works, as it's a pretty fair assumption at this point that the Gods of Destruction are former mortals turned Gods. And I figured out a system that works as such: the Omni-king was the first being in existence. Due to his boredom, he created someone to entertain him: the Grand Priest. The Grand Priest thought it would be a good idea to create more stuff, as it would ease the Omni-king's boredom, so he created the 18 universes. Since the Grand Priest was left in-charge of them, the Omni-king created his two attendants to keep him busy. The universes were ruled by the Kaioshin.

Since there's a set number of souls per universe, many universes started suffering from problems internally. As such, particularly powerful mortals were picked by the Grand Priest as Gods of Destruction: gods who would destroy life in order to retain the balance in the souls in the afterlife and the souls in the living realms. The angels were created as much more powerful to keep them from rebelling against the Kaioshin (and the link between the Gods of Destruction and the Kaioshin created for the same purpose, for if one GoD gets too powerful, killing off the Kaioshin would be the easy way to deal with him). In turn, the Gods of Destruction got access to Godly Ki and an extended lifespan so they'd be able to do their job for millenia to come. Of course, though, since they're just glorified mortals, they're susceptible to being replaced at any point. The angels get deactivated once a GoD dies because their purpose is merely to attend to the GoD, their free will is irrelevant.

As a second note, thinking of writing an introspective one shot from Goku's perspective (using the lyrics of the new OP as a basis) after his match with Bergamo.
I'm assuming the first one would be Silmarillion style where it's more like an encyclopedia of the Gods history rather than a traditional story?

On the second note, I thought the lyrics were pretty apt for Goku since he's a nice looking fellow who's seen as the devil by the other universes. I assume this would be based around his overall thoughts on the tournament so far and his future plans in it?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm assuming the first one would be Silmarillion style where it's more like an encyclopedia of the Gods history rather than a traditional story?
Oh, it's just a sort of a lore guideline of sorts for any potential stories I may write.
On the second note, I thought the lyrics were pretty apt for Goku since he's a nice looking fellow who's seen as the devil by the other universes. I assume this would be based around his overall thoughts on the tournament so far and his future plans in it?
Yeah, pretty much. I've writen introspective short stories about Dragon Ball characters in the past, but looking back at them, they were garbage :lol: This one should hopefully turn out good, even if Goku is a hard character to write a story from a first-person perspective with.