Vegeta vs Black Round 2: Does Veggie have a chance?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Vegeta vs Black Round 2: Does Veggie have a chance?

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:43 am

Well a new battle and not a whole time has past.....well actually they will go back hours after their latest defeat and still no training.
Vegeta was standing close to Trunks when Goku and the others returned.
Even if Beerus was right (which I am pretty sure that he is but still that Zamasu might be totally different from the Zamasu he killed, making the whole "past Zamasu dead=future Zamasu also dead") still we saw Black overpowering Goku, Vegeta, Trunks without effort.
Ok I can understand that Vegeta's defeat was a result of Black cheapshoting him (can't confirm that) but what will actually change now......?
How will Vegeta beat Black or at least hold his own.....?
I don't want to see another 2min fight with Vegeta losing, this would be pretty much useless. We see him charging in the episode preview and attacking as always like a madman but could he have formulate a winning strategy? Could he have improved his prediction abilities like Goku did with Hit? We saw him catching Black's punch without looking (which I considered an "anti-Hit" strategy like Goku did) but does he actually have a chance without a power boost?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Vegeta vs Black Round 2: Does Veggie have a chance?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:22 am

Vegeta recovered from a near death experience. He has a power boost.

I think they'll fight Vegeta will be wary of the Ki Blade now. They'll stop and be interrupted. Then stuff happens and they fight again.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:07 am

No!

Black is probably even stronger than before.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:57 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegeta recovered from a near death experience. He has a power boost.

I think they'll fight Vegeta will be wary of the Ki Blade now. They'll stop and be interrupted. Then stuff happens and they fight again.
zenkai's went away the moment SSJ was introduced

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:31 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegeta recovered from a near death experience. He has a power boost.

Wait are zenkai's even working?

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:49 am

I think this time Vegeta will do better because he will take his opponent on more cautiously, in contrast with the harsh way he charged Black last time. If he has a chance to defeat Black, I honestly don't think he does but now, by being aware of Black's "weapons" (both literally and figuratively speaking), he should have a different approach.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:18 am

jplaya2023 wrote: zenkai's went away the moment SSJ was introduced
Was this officially stated? Or off the basis it hasn't been used since? If the latter then they can certainly bring it back, they brought KK back remember.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:22 am

[quote=Baggie_Saiyan]
Was this officially stated? Or off the basis it hasn't been used since? If the latter then they can certainly bring it back, they brought KK back remember.[/quote]

it's implied in the manga.

The only direct evidence is gohan did not get any stronger after nearly being killed by buu

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
it's implied in the manga.

The only direct evidence is gohan did not get any stronger after nearly being killed by buu
Think that may be to Toriyama forgetting Zenkais existed to begin with. Plus Gohan could have gotten a boost, just not worth mentioning. Zenkais are all random.

Say Gohan was at 90 mil in base form, ssj2 hed be at 9 bil. He nearly dies, gets healed, he gets a good 30% increase, so from 90 mil goes to 120 mil, and has 12 bil. Buu would still kick his ass.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:40 pm

The preview made it look like Gokû Black upsets Vegeta and Vegeta charges at him as a result, but previews have deceived before.

I think he'll do better, if only because he has an episode title dedicated to him coming up. Especially since it's after Trunks' episode title.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Chuquita wrote:The preview made it look like Gokû Black upsets Vegeta and Vegeta charges at him as a result, but previews have deceived before.

I think he'll do better, if only because he has an episode title dedicated to him coming up. Especially since it's after Trunks' episode title.
My guess is that he is upset because Zamasu is slowly fading since time is correcting itself.
As Beerus stated killing a God is different than killing a human and time can't ignore such impact maybe meaning that slowly time will adapt to that huge change.
So I can imagine next episode Black laughing and then getting mad that Zamasu and he are slowly fading. Then for an unexpected reason they will return. Something connected to the zero mortal plan.
I can imagine Future Zamasu going to Past Zamasu end informing him to watch out.
I can even imagine Past Zamasu either using a doppelganger or plotting his revenge from the the other world.
That would be indeed badass

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:Wait are zenkai's even working?
Daizenshuu 7's battle power guide for Goku.
What about the change in Goku’s battle power after that?
Even after the battle with Freeza, formidable enemies surpassing human knowledge appeared one after the other to face Goku. Though the power-ups received after having wounds healed became small, Goku and co. began using transformations and fusions to increase their battle powers, to the point where they could no longer be measured numerically…
  • Note: The ending paragraph seems to mostly be a way of explaining why no battle powers are available after the battle with Freeza, saying that past this point battle powers become simply immeasurable. The way the note about near-death power-ups becoming “small” is phrased in Japanese (sukunakunatta), it could either mean that they became small, infrequent, or simply insufficient.
They still exist. They're just not as effective now.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Nah, Vegeta'll get his ass handed to him again, its heavily implied that Black got a major boost after fighting with Goku and Trunks. they're way more fucked now than before, the only possible way I can see them winning this shiz if they fuse/BS inconsistency again/Zeno button/new form.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Is Bulma coming to the future with them this time? I feel like I remember hearing that.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:54 pm

MadSaiyantist wrote:Is Bulma coming to the future with them this time? I feel like I remember hearing that.
Yep. It's from one of the printed previews.

Re: Topic: No?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Vegeta will get his typical rage boost which never actually amounts to destroying the enemy but for some reason the creators think it's throwing a bone to Vegeta fans to once again see him get beat down... :(

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:26 pm

And he will lose again for sure.

If for some miracle not... I bet Black will fuse with Zamasu before going down

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Vegeta needs love man...... :think:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:40 pm

I feel like Vegeta lost badly because he was caught off guard (again). So I think he stands to put up a better fight now that he knows what to expect.

I doubt it will result in a win for him, but I think he can at least avoid getting shived this time.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:19 pm

He'll lose for sure, just not as badly as last time.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball