Dragon Ball Z to air on Rede Brasil in October

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Z to air on Rede Brasil in October

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 pm

And finally, after so many years, Dragon Ball Z is back to Brazilian television:

http://anmtv.xpg.uol.com.br/os-cavaleir ... de-brasil/

Here's a link for the official stream of Rede Brasil: http://www.rbtv.com.br/streaming.html
Last edited by gregoryluis09 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z to air on Rede Brasil in October

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:18 pm

That's great! :) I've been taking up an interest in the Brazilian dubs of the franchise so this is cool. I assume you are a fan as well?

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Bansho64 wrote:That's great! :) I've been taking up an interest in the Brazilian dubs of the franchise so this is cool. I assume you are a fan as well?
Yeah, since i am from Brazil :lol:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote: Yeah, since i am from Brazil :lol:
Oh, that makes sense! My bad :oops: It's great that they're gonna air it again. Hopefully they play the specials and movies along with the series. Another thing, I hear that the original DB anime had like 3 or 4 different dubs in Brazilian Portuguese. Is that the same case for Z? Or was it dubbed only once?

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Oh, that makes sense! My bad :oops: It's great that they're gonna air it again. Hopefully they play the specials and movies along with the series. Another thing, I hear that the original DB anime had like 3 or 4 different dubs in Brazilian Portuguese. Is that the same case for Z? Or was it dubbed only once?
Z was only dubbed once.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Um... I want to know something. Is Rede Brasil an over the air network you dont need cable to see? Or is it cable only?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Um... I want to know something. Is Rede Brasil an over the air network you dont need cable to see? Or is it cable only?
You don't need cable to watch it.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Well, is anyone here planning to record it? Imma see if I can get it over here in the U.S.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:20 am

Bansho64 wrote:Well, is anyone here planning to record it? Imma see if I can get it over here in the U.S.
You can watch it in their website, there is a live streaming on their website. Here: http://www.rbtv.com.br/

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 am

gregoryluis09 wrote:And finally, after so many years, Dragon Ball Z is back to Brazilian television:

Do you know what video source they'll be using?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 am

sangofe wrote: Do you know what video source they'll be using?
Yeah, I was wondering what source they'll be using as well. Hopefully, it'll be a Dragon Box rip.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

sangofe wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:And finally, after so many years, Dragon Ball Z is back to Brazilian television:

Do you know what video source they'll be using?
No, but probably they will use the Funimation HD version, like Mexico is using now.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:00 am

Bansho64 wrote:
The Classic DB (or, how I like to call, "DBzinho" (since "zinho" is kind of "little")) has 3 different dubs. The first one was made in 1996, when the anime first came to Brazil, but only the first 60 episodes were dubbed. The second one was made in 2002, when TV Globo (the biggest television channel here) bought the rights. They dubbed from episode 61 to 153. And the 3rd one, the most known, was made when Cartoon Network bought the rights, in 2006. If you look on the internet, it's 90% of certain you will find only this 3rd dub. I love those voices, and most of brazilians too. Me and a friend from a warez forum have a project which is joining the 3 dubs in DVD-RMZ episodes.

The DBZ dub it's, in my opinion, one of the bests works of anime dubbing in Brazil. Just like Saint Seiya, Yu Yu Hakusho and Death Note.
Last edited by Trickster on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:02 am

gregoryluis09 wrote:No, but probably they will use the Funimation HD version, like Mexico is using now.
Cara, eu acho que eles vão usar os mesmos arquivos que a Globo sempre usou, hahaha. Duvido que vão pagar por uma versão em HD ou que vá rolar alguma remasterização por parte do canal.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:11 am

Trickster wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:No, but probably they will use the Funimation HD version, like Mexico is using now.
Cara, eu acho que eles vão usar os mesmos arquivos que a Globo sempre usou, hahaha. Duvido que vão pagar por uma versão em HD ou que vá rolar alguma remasterização por parte do canal.
Lembra quando anunciaram que DBZ e CDZ tinham versões em HD licenciadas pro Brasil e pra América Latina? São exatamente essas as versões que eu acho que vão ser usadas, com DBZ vão usar a versão Blu-Ray da Funimation (que o México já está usando) e pra CDZ vai ser o Blu-Ray japonês.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:24 am

gregoryluis09 wrote:Lembra quando anunciaram que DBZ e CDZ tinham versões em HD licenciadas pro Brasil e pra América Latina? São exatamente essas as versões que eu acho que vão ser usadas, com DBZ vão usar a versão Blu-Ray da Funimation (que o México já está usando) e pra CDZ vai ser o Blu-Ray japonês.
Putz, podes crer. Tinha esquecido disso. Tomara que seja, então. Apesar de que >Rede Brasil.... bom, mas vamos torcer.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:27 am

Trickster wrote:
gregoryluis09 wrote:Lembra quando anunciaram que DBZ e CDZ tinham versões em HD licenciadas pro Brasil e pra América Latina? São exatamente essas as versões que eu acho que vão ser usadas, com DBZ vão usar a versão Blu-Ray da Funimation (que o México já está usando) e pra CDZ vai ser o Blu-Ray japonês.
Putz, podes crer. Tinha esquecido disso. Tomara que seja, então. Apesar de que >Rede Brasil.... bom, mas vamos torcer.
Pior que quando eu vi isso eu não conseguia acreditar que a Rede Brasil tinha conseguido de maneira oficial :lol:

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:58 am

Tendo em conta que tanto o "remaster" da FUNimation como os Blu-rays japoneses de Saint Seiya são horríveis, mais valia terem ficado com os masters antigos.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:00 am

Puto wrote:Tendo em conta que tanto o "remaster" da FUNimation como os Blu-rays japoneses de Saint Seiya são horríveis, mais valia terem ficado com os masters antigos.
Isso é verdade, mas mesmo assim creio que serão essas versões, mesmo.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:05 am

Puto wrote:Tendo em conta que tanto o "remaster" da FUNimation como os Blu-rays japoneses de Saint Seiya são horríveis, mais valia terem ficado com os masters antigos.
Oloco, eu tenho uns episódios no notebook e gosto.