"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:12 pm

But I wonder, who's gonna voice Gowasu? I already once said before that I would love it if Steve Kramer voiced him, but he doesn't work at Funimation. So, when we're talking about somebody who works at Funimation, or even someone who doesn't, but has been on their dubs, who should voice him?
Caulifla best girl! :)

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Umm, R. Bruce Elliot?
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Mathew Mercer as Hit is all kinds of awesome. :clap: :thumbup:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Mathew Mercer as Hit is all kinds of awesome. :clap: :thumbup:
Or should we say, all kinds of Super!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:But I wonder, who's gonna voice Gowasu? I already once said before that I would love it if Steve Kramer voiced him, but he doesn't work at Funimation. So, when we're talking about somebody who works at Funimation, or even someone who doesn't, but has been on their dubs, who should voice him?
FUNi recently got some Non TX folks for their Gosick dub (which is fantastic btw) such as Erica Mendez as Avril, so nothing is out the realm of possibility.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:But I wonder, who's gonna voice Gowasu? I already once said before that I would love it if Steve Kramer voiced him, but he doesn't work at Funimation. So, when we're talking about somebody who works at Funimation, or even someone who doesn't, but has been on their dubs, who should voice him?
FUNi recently got some Non TX folks for their Gosick dub (which is fantastic btw) such as Erica Mendez as Avril, so nothing is out the realm of possibility.
Ok, but that has nothing to do with my question.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
You said you wanted Kramer but then said he doesn't work at FUNi, all I'm saying is you shouldn't rule that hope out since they're slowly starting to get some non TX people in their dubs.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: FUNi recently got some Non TX folks for their Gosick dub (which is fantastic btw) such as Erica Mendez as Avril, so nothing is out the realm of possibility.
You said you wanted Kramer but then said he doesn't work at FUNi, all I'm saying is you shouldn't rule that hope out since they're slowly starting to get some non TX people in their dubs.
Oops, sorry for being kinda blind. And thanks for telling me.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mercer is Hit... Holy shit! Well happy. Cris George is Pooh Bear and Mills is Big Nipples.
Was he Hit in XV2??

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Matthew Mercer is playing Hit?! YES!! That is PERFECT! I am soooo happy about this casting.

Also, whoever predicted that Daman Mills was going to play Monaka deserves a cookie.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Matthew Mercer is playing Hit?! YES!! That is PERFECT! I am soooo happy about this casting.

Also, whoever predicted that Daman Mills was going to play Monaka deserves a cookie.
Then I deserve one good ass cookie
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Mercer is Hit... Holy shit! Well happy. Cris George is Pooh Bear and Mills is Big Nipples.
Was he Hit in XV2??
Nope, it was Aaron Roberts but Sabat recasted Hit for Super likely due to the fanbase's reaction to Aaron's voice for Hit
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:46 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Was he Hit in XV2??
Nope, it was Aaron Roberts but Sabat recasted Hit for Super likely due to the fanbase's reaction to Aaron's voice for Hit
I don't think it was because of the fanbase's reaction, it was probably because when they actually got into the Universe 6 arc, they thought Aaron's voice didn't fit, but for consistency's sake, they had to keep Aaron in Xenoverse 2 for the DLC.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:49 pm

Since no one mentioned it, Clifford Chapin and Greg Ayres were also confirmed to come back as Cabba and Frost from XV2 for the Super dub.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Since no one mentioned it, Clifford Chapin and Greg Ayres were also confirmed to come back as Cabba and Frost from XV2 for the Super dub.
Which I'm happy about. Especially for Clifford Chapin because, the guy is amazing as Cabba in Xenoverse 2.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Was he Hit in XV2??
I don't think it was because of the fanbase's reaction, it was probably because when they actually got into the Universe 6 arc, they thought Aaron's voice didn't fit, but for consistency's sake, they had to keep Aaron in Xenoverse 2 for the DLC.
In the words of MasakoX in his discussion of Schemmel's first Goku Black voice with Geekdom101, it's a game, they can patch it if they change the voice. They might still have some DLC planned for adapting the current arc when it's done like the Future Trunks Arc, which would be very interesting to see, especially since we'd get a ton of new characters showing up. In the event this happens, they could easily have him rerecord the dialogue already there, like Nolan North replacing Peter Dinklage as the Ghost in Destiny, & record the new dialogue.
It's like Boruto being voiced by Maile Flannigan like Naruto in The Last movie, then in the movie, and eventually the show, he's now voiced by Amanda Miller. They had her voice him in UNS4 after Flannigan had already recorded stuff for him, so they replaced the voice clips (though, personally, I don't think Miller was the best pick for him, especially over Flannigan, so this is a reverse case of this from a meh actor to a good one for me).
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:55 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Was he Hit in XV2??
I disagree, I asked Roberts if he was gonna play Hit in Super aswell once the dub got announced he said he wasn't sure, likely he was just filling in.

Also Hit was never recast, XV2 is not Super.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 am

Good that Matthew Mercer is voicing Hit.

On the other the guy who is voicing Frost, Greg Aryes...isn't he the one that has that really fruity voice? I've heard it in many shows because I watch a lot of dubbed anime and he usually always voices the little girly and wimpy boy character.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:59 am

Bullza wrote:Good that Matthew Mercer is voicing Hit.

On the other the guy who is voicing Frost, Greg Aryes...isn't he the one that has that really fruity voice? I've heard it in many shows because I watch a lot of dubbed anime and he usually always voices the little girly and wimpy boy character.
He already voices Frost in Xenoverse 2. Kinda sounds like a mix of Frieza and Jaco.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:05 am

Bullza wrote:Good that Matthew Mercer is voicing Hit.

He voiced Guldo in Kai but yeah he usually does get typecast as wimpy boys lol. At first I wasn't sure about him playing Frost but I think it works, I'm glad it isn't Chris Ayres cuz Frost from another universe should sound different unlike the Japanese no idea why they stuck with Nakao.

Edit- #33 title....
"Surprise, Universe 6! This Is Super Saiyan Son Goku!"
"Son"...