Episode #0031 (18 June 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:40 pm

DAMN! I wish I was there! :cry: It sounds like you all had a lot of fun. I wish I could see whoever was cosplaying as Chaotsu, as I've never seen anyone cosplay has him before (though I'm sure whoever cosplayed as 18 looked great, too. :) )

Wow, "HFIL?" I didn't realize anyone pronounced it "hiffle" until I listened to the Neko Majin Z fandub audio. . . thing, @_@ which I really like. Has everyone been pronouncing it that way?! D:

Also, I was sad that noone asked when Dragon Ball AF is coming out, because I've been waiting a long time. . . :?

Great podcast. :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:59 pm

NOOOOO!!! Hinata isn't one of the Naruto Six! My dreams have been shattered! :cry:

Um... great 'cast... :)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Amuro...can't beat him, not even Yamcha has anything on him...

Wow, Sogéking has a theme song, I should keep up with the Animé more (thank God for Arlong Park).

Anyway, really funny podcast. I was dissapointed when the emails weren't read, I must-have-mine-read.

Awaiting the next episode...

~YBM
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:51 pm

Hey... could you guys re-release the podcast, as an Ultimate Uncut Edition? :P I'd like to hear the stuff that was cut out. :wink:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:31 am

Funny stuff, and Steven I don't think they could do that until we got the lost episodes.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:16 am

Actually, a friend of mine has a friend who met somebody at AnimeNEXT who ate lunch with Aki-... er, VegettoEX, and they're planning on releasing the podcast on cd, uncut and in stereo, including all the last episodes, with bonus tracks such as all of the songs they've played on there (full length!) and Julian singing karaoke at AnimeNEXT, an anormous list of links to all the reference sites, your own copy of Super DBZ (the Japanese version, of course), and best of all, a scouter made out cardboard. Plus, it'll be all nicely presented and in fold-out book form, and all this only for $50! :twisted:

I'm lying. I hope people got the references. :P
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:32 pm

Is there any photographs from the event, especailly from the podcast? I want to see the guy who cosplayed as Buu. I would like to campare it with my one :D .

TheZDude

Post by TheZDude » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:11 pm

Yes, finally some who likes the dub music of when Goku first turns Super Saiya-jin 3 and when he use the Spirit Bomb against Buu. I am now happy with joy, but anyway great podcast as always guys just be sure to be ready for Otakon. :D
One word:Kraka-jack-a-ma-flaka-dack!!!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:02 pm

JAKEMAN wrote:Is there any photographs from the event, especailly from the podcast? I want to see the guy who cosplayed as Buu. I would like to campare it with my one :D .
Yeah, I was kinda surprised tahat there aren't any pictures of the event in the blog section. Anyone who was in the recording, could you please put up some pics (if you please?)?

And welcome to the boards, TheZDude. Make sure to formally introduce yourself in the Introductions section. Oh, and kudos for having good grammar/spelling :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:45 pm

I'm surprised there was no one there who said "Ginyu Transformation" or at least hummed it if they didn't know the name.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:59 pm

I want to see the guy who cosplayed as Buu. I would like to campare it with my one .
He wanted to wear it later in the day but then decided not to. It was fat Boo by the way. I actually wanted to take a picture of the podcast recording but never did, thought maybe it would be kinda weird.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:47 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I want to see the guy who cosplayed as Buu. I would like to campare it with my one .
He wanted to wear it later in the day but then decided not to. It was fat Boo by the way. I actually wanted to take a picture of the podcast recording but never did, thought maybe it would be kinda weird.
Well, isn't a gathering of people, who've for the most part only met online, in order to record a podcast in a guy's hotel room kinda weird in the first place?

Anyways, PICTURES, PLEASE!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:17 pm

Well, isn't a gathering of people, who've for the most part only met online, in order to record a podcast in a guy's hotel room kinda weird in the first place
Yea, I suppose you have a point. There were some odd people in that room though. Well, speaking of weird, I wanted to ask Mike if he wanted to do the podcast in my room being I had a room for meetings with a long table and chairs to seat like 9 or 10 people,it was kinda cool. I wasn't going to impose though, he had everything set up already. That, and no one knows me so I woulda looked like a freak. :lol: It came in handy to dump all our crap on though, go crap!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 pm

Yay for big tables to put crap on!

Anyways, did anyone else notice that the SSJ3 Power Up and the Perfect Cell Theme songs are now at the #2 and 3 spots on iTunes since this podcast (though I don't really know what place they were before the podcast...:?)? Oh and if you're curious, the DBZ dub opener is at #1 (:roll:). Ugh... the only thing preventing me from buying the Perfect Cell Theme is the disgusting price for only 43 seconds!

I still think it sucks that you can't download any of the JP tracks, though. :x... And the only places where you can get the actual CDs either know how much they're worth, or you have to pay a couple more bucks due to oversea charges, etc.

EDIT: The list I got this from is from the best of Bruce Faulconer's work, not best BGM or anime song in general, if that's what you were thinking.

kinoko
Beyond Newbie

Post by kinoko » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:37 pm

veshira wrote:DAMN! I wish I was there! :cry: It sounds like you all had a lot of fun. I wish I could see whoever was cosplaying as Chaotsu, as I've never seen anyone cosplay has him before (though I'm sure whoever cosplayed as 18 looked great, too. :) )

Wow, "HFIL?" I didn't realize anyone pronounced it "hiffle" until I listened to the Neko Majin Z fandub audio. . . thing, @_@ which I really like. Has everyone been pronouncing it that way?! D:
That was me. ^^ 'Sup? +cough+ Generic Tsurusennin disciple/Chaozu cosplayer!!! ....If it's allowed, I can get some pics (read: one... Cuz my cousin who was with me (she was the 18 cosplayer) and I didn't take enough pictures... XD)

It took me a split second during recording to figure out what VegettoEX meant by "Hiffle." XD

[edit] I'll ask Amanda (my aforementioned cousin) if she minds her picture up on the forum (She makes an awesome 18... ^_^)... and then I'll ask her for the pictures in general..
The Resident Tenshinhan Fangirl.

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:01 am

Best podcast ever! :D Just one question, which video games were availible for purchase? I already own Final Bout, Ultimate Battle, and Jump Superstars...I am about to order ouendan too... Were there any others besides what I listed? edit: I already own, or have played the snes, and game boy versions(The first game boy, by the way) :wink:
PLAY B3YOND.