Daizenshuu EX: TO-DO LIST

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Daizenshuu EX: TO-DO LIST

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:54 pm

This is really just for Julian and I, but I figure it's also a good way to let the fans know exactly what we're working on, and when things are getting finished. I'm locking the thread, though, 'cuz we don't really need any discussion about it; if you have any comments, feel free to just e-mail or private message one of us.

Multimedia - Music CD Database
  • Work on re-romanizing / translating the track titles on CDs in the "Video Game Music" section - started. Will continue with ETA approximately June 5th
  • Go through "Foreign CDs" section with somebody who knows German / French to help with accents, correct spellings, etc. (I know French, actually, but I figure a native speaker would be more apt to spot mistakes)
  • Reorganize "Misc. Non-DB CDs" section, to include more CDs, more details details about CDs already there, and (maybe) full tracklistings
  • More CD reviews?
Multimedia - Music Directory
  • Image needed for "Wolf Hurricane"
  • Re-do DBZ movie 3 image
  • Split up into one page per series
  • Eventually get better DBZ movie 13 image
  • Determine "Nichiyoubi" once and for all
  • Eventually incorporate major video game themes
Multimedia - Images - Animation
  • Continue adding images (Cha-La; DB Themes; Dan Dan #2; GT endings 1, 2, 4; DB sequences; Eyecatches)
Multimedia - Images - Comparisons
  • Trunks anime image on server; edit border, add kanzenban art
  • Freeza original scans on server; edit, etc.
Multimedia - Images - Character Designs
  • Edit font on movie 5 images
  • Add translation text to movie 9 images
  • Continue scanning Toriyama designs from daizenshuu 6
Guides - Transformations Guide
  • Re-do front Cell image with better Perfect Cell screen cap
  • Eventually add supporting character
Guides - Filler Guide
  • We had an idea for a third page in this section... WTF was it?
  • Inconsistency: Investigate the "flying" up to Karin's / Kami's with a spaceship, and the "repelling" of the ship
    Clay's e-mail wrote:It's after Piccolo-Daimao's been killed, and Goku and Yajirobe return to Karin Tower (volume 14). After Karin tells them about the Kami-sama that lives high above this tower, Yajirobe tells Goku that he'll steal him a spaceship to get him up there. Karin smiles, and says that anyone who tries to get up via means like that will be "repulsed" upon getting near the sanctuary, most likely meaning that Kami will somehow cause your ship to take a hit, and force it back down (that, or some kinda force field). He also mentions that the person going up will need to carry a bell from himself, showing that this person has met Karin's approval for Kami's training). I'm very certain that all this is mentioned in the anime, too. Basically, if you want to see Kami for training, you need the nyoi-bo and the bell, or you ain't seeing no one.
Guides - Rumor Guide
  • "Toriyama Hated DBGT"
  • "DBZ isn't a kid's show"
  • "Mr. Satan's full name is Hercule Satan"
  • "The original SSJ destroyed himself under his own power, etc."
Guides - Movie Guide
  • Start whittling down the initial summaries for movies w/ detailed summaries
  • Write more detailed summaries for DB & DBZ Movies 1-4
  • Finish DBZ TV Special sections (including writing summaries)
  • Continue work on taking screen-caps / scans to re-create the "DB Battle History" in daizenshuu 8, which compares what point the TV, movie, and manga were all at together at the movie's premier date (note: make list of images already taken)
Guides - Characters Guide
  • Transfer Goku bio from old red notebook
  • Work on secondary "Thoughts" pages for Raditz & Nappa
  • Have someone check Meri's Trunks bio
  • Convince Maggie to write #18 bio
  • Fix/update Appule bio
  • Continue writing Piccolo bio, referring to help thread
  • Write Kuriza bio!
Guides - Newbie Guide
  • Go through and make sure facts are up-to-date, possibly making it a little more concise as well
  • Add images so it's not as boring and to accentuate points made in the text
  • Mention Australian release of first 13 episodes uncut
Guides - Manga Guide
  • Actually get started on this damned thing, beyond the main page. I figure I'll start with the Viz Graphic Novels and Japanese Kanzenban re-release first, since that's what I have the most of. I have a few ideas for layouts, but I think you might want to lend me a helping hand, Mike.
  • Scans from the manga, outside of covers?
Other Sections To Possibly Do
  • Random Factoids
  • Inside jokes: references to the series itself, Dr. Slump references (outside of the crossover), staff names (Satan vs. Cell video; souls' papers in movie 12), Tori-Robo, etc.
  • Transformation/Character Origins/Rip-offs (Freeza -> Alien, Kuririn -> Charlie Brown, Garlic Jr. -> Hulk, Trunks & Jinzouningen -> Terminator, Bulma & diamond -> Candide (?), Journey to West crap, etc)
Last edited by VegettoEX on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::