What techniques do you think should return?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What techniques do you think should return?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Hellzone Grenade. That move was too epic to be only used once in the series.
That should have taken place of special beam cannon, or at least should have been a staple attack
Piccolo only used the SBC once in the manga.
Technically he used it twice against Raditz.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:32 am

Zeru14 wrote:-Great Namek
-Multi Form

These are useless techniques and the show (well, Goku) made a point of showcasing their flaws.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:55 am

Doctor. wrote:
-Multi Form

These are useless techniques and the show (well, Goku) made a point of showcasing their flaws.
Grade III Super Saiyan is also a flawed technique, same for the Kaio-ken. These are cool nonetheless and maybe their flaws can be overcome.

The multi-form would be especially useful if Ten was to fight someone who has amazing striking power but takes a lot of time to charge his attacks and can only hit one person per attack.

I for one, would like to see ALL the techniques that were showcased in the Goku vs. Jackie Chun fight which is one of the best fights in the series IMO.

There's so much potential for amazing fights for this arc that I am trying REALLY hard to keep my expectations low, because otherwise, it's gonna be the most dissapointing arc ever.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:22 am

Doctor. wrote:
-Multi Form

Techniques can be improved. They can be useful against certain people anyway. Piccolo already used the multi form technique against Frost in the tournament.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:13 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
-Multi Form

Techniques can be improved. They can be useful against certain people anyway. Piccolo already used the multi form technique against Frost in the tournament.
He used the afterimage.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:41 am

Doctor. wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

He used the afterimage.
It definitely looks like the multi form technique to me.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
He used the afterimage.
The multi-form clones are actually real, they don't just vanish in a puff when struck.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:10 am

Simere wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote: He used the afterimage.
The multi-form clones are actually real, they don't just vanish in a puff when struck.
But he made 100+ of them so they will be quite weak and they were not made to last just to hide the real Piccolo.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:17 am

Piccolo can't use that technique, only in filler. It's Tenshinhan-exclusive in the manga. So it's the afterimage, most likely.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:20 am

Doctor. wrote:Piccolo can't use that technique, only in filler. It's Tenshinhan-exclusive in the manga. So it's the afterimage, most likely.
He can use it, Toriyama was the one who suggested that Toei should make Piccolo use it in Dragon ball Z.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 am

Gohan needs to use the masenko, piccolo needs to use the hell zone grenade, vegeta needs the big bang attack
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Paper Lung wrote:I'll never understand why Toei didn't animate Trunks doing his most iconic move, Burning Attack, when he was brought back in Super. Instead, make way for Final Flash and Galic Gun!
Burning Attack was only used once, and it did jack shit.

It's just as "iconic" as Trunks' "Heat Dome" attack, which proved much more useful. Everyone thinks the Burning Attack is so iconic just because it's used a lot in games.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Paper Lung wrote:I'll never understand why Toei didn't animate Trunks doing his most iconic move, Burning Attack, when he was brought back in Super. Instead, make way for Final Flash and Galic Gun!

It's just as "iconic" as Trunks' "Heat Dome" attack, which proved much more useful. Everyone thinks the Burning Attack is so iconic just because it's used a lot in games.
The Burning Attack is iconic. Icon status does not have to come from the series or manga, it is just what fans think of when it comes to Trunks' attacks.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

The Burning Attack is iconic. Icon status does not have to come from the series or manga, it is just what fans think of when it comes to Trunks' attacks.
And it's for all the wrong reasons. Just like Broly's greenish hair is iconic, when that was supposed to be a transitional state and discarded by the end of movie 8 and the entirety of movie 10.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:02 am

I've forgot about Good Buu's Recovery Beam and Healing Hand, having a teammate that can fix you during a battle could be useful(as shown by Future Zamasu in the manga), and I would like to see Good Buu use absorption since according to dragonball wiki he can still do that via his Chocolate Beam.
Last edited by Zeru14 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:05 am

Spirit bomb (sword) 8)

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 am

I'd love to see the Afterimage and Solar Flare return. And other non-kai blast techniques return. Don't know why they aren't used more often, when they could be very useful in a battle. With Roshi returning, it'd be nice to see him use some of the techniques he showed in the early Dragon Ball tournaments. Same with Tien.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:10 am

Gog wrote:Spirit bomb (sword) 8)
Spirit bomb Destructo disk :thumbup:
Mostly active on discord.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:13 am

Reality Warping like how Janemba was using it, but on a more bigger scale.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm

Piccolo and Vegeta using the Super Explosive Wave, both only used it once in the manga, also Krillin's Expanding Blast used against the Saibaman and as others have pointed out the After-image.