DBS Super Specials/OVAs

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

DBS Super Specials/OVAs

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:56 pm

I decided to make a thread about potential specials & OVAs Super might provide us with.What stories do you want to see the most being turned into specials?Let me hear your thoughts!
Last edited by MyNiggaGoku on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: DBS Super Specials/OVAs

Post by kinisking » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Back story on hit needs to happen !
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:05 pm

I would love a TV Special about Trunks' future from Cell's death to Black's first appearance.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Personally, I'd like to see an OVA based off Toyotaro's manga chapters in the future.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:09 pm

I'd love to see an OVA focusing on Hit's ascension to becoming the top assassin in his universe. Like, who taught him the Time-Skip ability? Did he have a mentor? What race does he belong to? Who was his first kill? I'd also be very interested in getting to know the history of the Saiyan race in Universe 6.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm

kinisking wrote:Back story on hit needs to happen !
Yeah I agree,it would be pretty cool to see his every day life in the underworld!
emperior wrote:I would love a TV Special about Trunks' future from Cell's death to Black's first appearance.
I would pay to see Trunks' reaction when he first saw an evil Goku killing & destroying the human world.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Personally, I'd like to see an OVA based off Toyotaro's manga chapters in the future.
And what story would you like to get covered?
Lord Beerus wrote:I'd love to see an OVA focusing on Hit's ascension to becoming the top assassin in his universe. Like, who taught him the Time-Skip ability? Did he have a mentor? What race does he belong to? Who was his first kill? I'd also be very interested in getting to know the history of the Saiyan race in Universe 6.
Completely agree with everything.Hit's backstory is a must! Also I'm pretty positive that we'll get some U6 Saiyan backstory in the next arc

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Personally, I'd like to see an OVA based off Toyotaro's manga chapters in the future.
I'm unsure about how much I would want this. But I admit it would be pretty neat.

As for any other Specials or OVA's I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. Hit, Cabba, Frost, some stuff from Future Trunks we might have missed would all be pretty cool options for Specials. Maybe after the U7 vs U6 Toruny all the U6 fighter decided to stick close together for whatever threat, showing that all the life threatening shenanigans don't only happen in U7.

With all the hate for DragonBall minus, I think it would be pretty funny to see them try to pull off a special based off of that.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 pm

I would to see an ova about frost path to corruption and hit back story would also be neat
Mostly active on discord.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 pm

The first thing I want (and needs to happen) is a TV special about the events after Whis informed future Beerus about Black and Zamasu. I would like to see what happened after that. The amount of satisfaction from seeing Beerus (or Trunks) destroying Black and Future Zamasu with absolute ease would probably be more or less the same as when Trunks destroyed the future Androids, and future Beerus and Whis becoming friends Trunks and company is a must see. Not to mention that there’s also the two future Trunks and Mai thing. It would be interesting to see interactions between them, and their reaction to all of this.

It’s such a big shame that we never saw this. If they don’t want this to happen the following episode after the conclusion of the arc, then turning it into a special episode instead would be the most logical alternate option. It is quite disappointing that Toei didn’t decide to make an episode about this after episode 67, and it would be an even bigger disappointment if we will never know or see what actually happens in these events. Doing a special episode about this would finally give us a good closure, rather than leaving the conclusion of the arc with a lot of unanswered questions.

Aside from that, I would love to see a TV special about Beerus and Champa’s past, the battle between good and evil Saiyans at Planet Sadla, the creation of the Dragon Ball world, and maybe the battle between Trunks and co. against Babidi and his minions. For the last mentioned event, following most of Toyotarou’s version of it and changing/adding some stuff around would be ideal.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:17 am

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman needs to be animated. I'd love to see the cast and story of the manga fully animated. It'd also give anime only viewers an explanation of where Jaco came from.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:42 am

Boo Machine wrote:
I'm unsure about how much I would want this. But I admit it would be pretty neat.

As for any other Specials or OVA's I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. Hit, Cabba, Frost, some stuff from Future Trunks we might have missed would all be pretty cool options for Specials. Maybe after the U7 vs U6 Toruny all the U6 fighter decided to stick close together for whatever threat, showing that all the life threatening shenanigans don't only happen in U7.

With all the hate for DragonBall minus, I think it would be pretty funny to see them try to pull off a special based off of that.
A side story with the U6 team would be pretty cool!
The gr wrote:I would to see an ova about frost path to corruption and hit back story would also be neat
Frost was probably evil from the very beginning(at least in the anime),just like Freeza.However,I would like to see his grand schemes while he was playing the good guy & his fall from grace when his intentions were finally revealed.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 am

Khin wrote:The first thing I want (and needs to happen) is a TV special about the events after Whis informed future Beerus about Black and Zamasu. I would like to see what happened after that. The amount of satisfaction from seeing Beerus (or Trunks) destroying Black and Future Zamasu with absolute ease would probably be more or less the same as when Trunks destroyed the future Androids, and future Beerus and Whis becoming friends Trunks and company is a must see. Not to mention that there’s also the two future Trunks and Mai thing. It would be interesting to see interactions between them, and their reaction to all of this.

It’s such a big shame that we never saw this. If they don’t want this to happen the following episode after the conclusion of the arc, then turning it into a special episode instead would be the most logical alternate option. It is quite disappointing that Toei didn’t decide to make an episode about this after episode 67, and it would be an even bigger disappointment if we will never know or see what actually happens in these events. Doing a special episode about this would finally give us a good closure, rather than leaving the conclusion of the arc with a lot of unanswered questions.

Aside from that, I would love to see a TV special about Beerus and Champa’s past, the battle between good and evil Saiyans at Planet Sadla, the creation of the Dragon Ball world, and maybe the battle between Trunks and co. against Babidi and his minions. For the last mentioned event, following most of Toyotarou’s version of it and changing/adding some stuff around would be ideal.
Everything you mentioned would make a pretty good special,especially the one about F.Beerus and Black/Zamasu.I would love to see that!
SaiyamanMS wrote:Jaco the Galactic Patrolman needs to be animated. I'd love to see the cast and story of the manga fully animated. It'd also give anime only viewers an explanation of where Jaco came from.
Yeah Jaco's manga would be ideal for a special.I think that it will eventually happen since it would tie in with Super's continuity nicely.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:55 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:Jaco the Galactic Patrolman needs to be animated. I'd love to see the cast and story of the manga fully animated. It'd also give anime only viewers an explanation of where Jaco came from.
As of right now, this would be my main want and hope for a new special as well. It's still mind-boggling the way they've kind of just tossed him at the anime-only audience without much explanation. Between that and the few mentions of Tights, I can well imagine there's probably a lot of fans still scratching their heads, wondering what episodes they missed back in the day.

I mean, it's not like the Jaco manga is hidden or anything, the information is out there really easy to find with a little research - but still, adapting it would just be the easiest and best course, even this much later after the fact.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:22 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
As of right now, this would be my main want and hope for a new special as well. It's still mind-boggling the way they've kind of just tossed him at the anime-only audience without much explanation. Between that and the few mentions of Tights, I can well imagine there's probably a lot of fans still scratching their heads, wondering what episodes they missed back in the day.

I mean, it's not like the Jaco manga is hidden or anything, the information is out there really easy to find with a little research - but still, adapting it would just be the easiest and best course, even this much later after the fact.
Yeah right? Many fans who don't like reading the manga don't even know where Jaco came from.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:

To be fair, the comic industry is held in higher regard in Japan. If Dragon Ball Super's target audience missed out on Jaco the Galactic Patrolman somehow, it's no more than a convenient trip to the store for around 500 yen to catch up! I think your comment is better suited for the international markets. They're the demographic that tends to place higher reverence towards the presence of television.