The super dragon balls and this arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegito Black
Not-So-Newbie

The super dragon balls and this arc

Post by Vegito Black » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:08 pm

a lot of people seem to assume the universes will be restored via a wish to the super dragon but it can't be done because if either U6 or U7 is blown up half the super dragon balls go with that universe, even if we move them all to one universe Champa would debate he would win and it'd be safer to keep the dragon balls with them.

SO the following has to happen
1. the dragon balls must be gathered during the tournament without champas knowledge
2. Someone like whis has to be helping to gather them otherwise no one else can move them
3. Beerus has to agree to wish these universes back since only he and whis can make the wish in the language of the Gods.
Or Zalama has to make a new set (most likely but we'll get back to this)

SO if we go with the above it would make a great subplot if during the tournament we see the people not participating gathering the super dragon balls so its not 100% focused on the fighting
it would be cool if we see Goten, Trunks, the supreme kai, and Bulma gathering the super dragon balls, I think Supreme Kai can move them around with physic powers. However this would be to similar to Gt and I don't see Toei going this route even if it gave our background characters something of importance to do.

Instead I see Goku finding Zalama and asking for a new set of super dragon balls so he can un do the damage he's caused and this would be a great place to introduce Zalama too. Otherwise getting the super dragon balls would be to much, we just have to hope Zalama lives in U7 :p

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: The super dragon balls and this arc

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 am

The Grand Priest will probably have the super dragon balls collected together as a prize before the tournament starts, and they shouldn't be affected by the destruction of a universe as long as they and Zalama are outside the universe while it's being destroyed.

Also, we don't know if there is a set of super dragon balls for each pair of twin universes, there may be only one set that gets scattered to different universes after each wish, and they just happened to be in universes 7 and 6 last time.