(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Simere » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Pluto wrote:Would they leak such a major event/form so easy? i mean, i would just tease the first seconds of it, the hair looks like it's about to spike up anyway...it's halfway through.
They teased SSJB quite a few months before RoF came out.
What teases? I didn't follow DB news as closely back then as I do now, but I remember a lot of surprise and calling it fake when that picture of the SSB figures came out shortly before release. That there was a new form period I remember coming as a surprise.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:45 am

Pluto wrote:Would they leak such a major event/form so easy? i mean, i would just tease the first seconds of it, the hair looks like it's about to spike up anyway...it's halfway through.
They showed us SSBlue, SSGod long before the movies came out and SSRose and SSBerserker before they were even close of being shown on the show. They even show this new form half animated in the trailer for the one hour special. It's not halfway through.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:18 pm

So, Geekdom101 recently released this video on the new form for Goku. It contains some Tweets from Toshio about the form.

Nothing has actually been revealed, but it got me thinking......... A name "beyond" imagination? It makes me think that "Beyond" could be included, somehow. And what form do we know for sure has "Beyond" already in the name? "Saiyan Beyond God", the name given to the godly base in Dragon Ball Heroes. And guess what? The new form looks like a slightly changed base form.

According to promotional material, the reign of the gods is over. So, why not combine these two into something cool? My name for this form, until proven otherwise officially, will be:

Saiyan Beyond All Gods

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:According to promotional material, the reign of the gods is over. So, why not combine these two into something cool? My name for this form, until proven otherwise officially, will be:

Saiyan Beyond All Gods
That's actually not a bad name if you ask me. It could grow on me a lot if they choose to go with it. :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:12 am

Honestly, if the official term is just Saiyan Beyond God I would like it. Even just Saiyan God would be cool: a simple name for a simple looking form.
Ultimate God would also be cool . I just hope it won't be called Super Saiyan *instert new term*.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:52 am

Saiyan beyond God is a name that Goku already had in BoG/Rof arc, in base form. I hope that the name of the new form is different. And people of course overthinking too much about any Toshio nonsense.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

Legion wrote:Saiyan beyond God is a name that Goku already had in BoG/Rof arc, in base form. I hope that the name of the new form is different. And people of course overthinking too much about any Toshio nonsense.
The Saiyan Beyond God term was invented by Heroes. It was never said Goku was a Saiyan Beyond God in the show or the movie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm

I have a feeling that the Limit Breaker Saiyan form (possible name from Dragon Ball Heroes) will be based on Toyotaro's Perfect Super Saiyan Blue from the manga.

Toei has already borrowed the SSG + SSB combo idea from Toyotaro, but Kaio-ken (x2/10/20) is already superior to Perfect Super Saiyan Blue, so there is little point to introducing it in the same way as in the manga. I think in the anime, Goku will seal the power of Kaio-ken x20 Super Saiyan Blue into his body, then revert back to base, and finally power up, which will create the Limit Breaker Saiyan form. This idea fits with what we see in the opening, as well as when Goku almost used the form against Toppo & went to power-up beyond Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue, meaning that it's not a normal transformation beyond Blue (since Kaio-ken, a non-Saiyan technique, is involved).

Perhaps Toyotaro will introduce Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue along with the Limit Breaker Saiyan form in the manga. Toyotaro seems to be involved with the anime now through the Dragon Room, which is most likely why they exchange ideas. The possibility of the Limit Breaker Saiyan form being the result of combining Toei's Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue from the anime & Toyotaro's Perfect Super Saiyan Blue from the manga is really cool IMO.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I have a feeling that the Limit Breaker Saiyan form (possible name from Dragon Ball Heroes) will be based on Toyotaro's Perfect Super Saiyan Blue from the manga.

Toei has already borrowed the SSG + SSB combo idea from Toyotaro, but Kaio-ken (x2/10/20) is already superior to Perfect Super Saiyan Blue, so there is little point to introducing it in the same way as in the manga. I think in the anime, Goku will seal the power of Kaio-ken x20 Super Saiyan Blue into his body, then revert back to base, and finally power up, which will create the Limit Breaker Saiyan form. This idea fits with what we see in the opening, as well as when Goku almost used the form against Toppo & went to power-up beyond Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue, meaning that it's not a normal transformation beyond Blue (since Kaio-ken, a non-Saiyan technique, is involved).

Perhaps Toyotaro will introduce Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue along with the Limit Breaker Saiyan form in the manga. Toyotaro seems to be involved with the anime now through the Dragon Room, which is most likely why they exchange ideas. The possibility of the Limit Breaker Saiyan form being the result of combining Toei's Kaio-ken Super Saiyan Blue from the anime & Toyotaro's Perfect Super Saiyan Blue from the manga is really cool IMO.
Maybe they are going to squeeze in all of the other forms from the manga to catch them up then possibly use a new form or new tactic to win. Nvm I didn't read the second part. I still wouldn't be surprised if they did Kaioken 100... They seem to be on a kick to bring in movie concepts. And I think it was lorg slug movie that had Kaiokenx100. And we now know we have a slug alternative. They could be doing copy all the movies as a theme. Maybe canonizing everything.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001