President from the Universal Society of Hinduism wants Toei to Remove the god of destruction looking Ganesha

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The_Destroyer
Regular

Re: President from the Universal Society of Hinduism wants Toei to Remove the god of destruction looking Ganesha

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm a Hindu, and I'm not offended. In fact I'm glad they are referencing Ganesh in Super.

This guy is a total moron. He complains everytime a Hindu deity is referenced in media. For example, he was butthurt over an Xmen villain calling himself Krishna in a trailer.

No one should take him seriously, hell most hindu dont, except stupid indian nationlists. I'm glad japan isnt like the U.S. and doesnt give in to most SJWs like this guy.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: President from the Universal Society of Hinduism wants Toei to Remove the god of destruction looking Ganesha

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Wait. Is that newspaper... like... legit? just wow.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:14 pm

simtek34 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Well DBS made the headlines.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What paper is this? I want to see it!
SansrivaaL wrote:Wait. Is that newspaper... like... legit? just wow.
The answer is staring right at you.. more specifically upper left corner, where it says: "Daily News & Analaysis Mumbai Wednesday, February 8th, 2017."
Google search will find it's legit and the paper's online version can be found here on page 10:
http://epaper2.dnaindia.com/index.php?p ... =1&pgnum=2

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:20 pm

They're making way too much of a big deal over an anime character. I hope Toei doesnt listen to their shit.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Holy shit, this is funnier than what i expected, i mean, if there's something that i've never imagined to see in my life, is this, i just can't believe that this just happened.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:33 pm

People these days are offended by anything. SJW'S, PC people, Feminists, all kinds of religious people. Etc. We live in a time where censorship and oppression of free speech is at an all time high. It's amazing how much power simple words have over people.

I always say what i WANT to say. And if someone doesn't like it, too bad. I wasn't born in this world to make people feel good or care about their feelings. Nor did i come here to be "politically correct" (Whatever that means) No. I only care about the truth. Like the saying goes: Grow the fuck up! And stop being such self entitled whiney little b*tches!

It's time people turned to Reason and Logic!

ONTOLOGICAL MATHEMATICS Baby!

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 am

I hope they don't pull a Smite. For those that don't know, the MOBA game, Smite had it's Hindu god characters censored by the devs to be less "offensive" because some Hindu snowflakes complained. The edited versions were actually less accurate to the gods they were based off of in my opinion.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm

so now a bunch of black people cry about the Cleopatra looking charecter being white. even when Cleopatra was actually a white woman from a greek family. this is happening on the big dragon ball z group on facebook lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:42 pm

gohan_black wrote:so now a bunch of black people cry about the Cleopatra looking charecter being white. even when Cleopatra was actually a white woman from a greek family. this is happening on the big dragon ball z group on facebook lol
Reminds me of what's going on with the game Nioh at the moment.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 pm

I'll never understand this sort of thing.

These are fictional characters who may or may not be inspired by some real life people, religious deities and even characters from other fiction. But "based on" is not the same as mocking.

I don't see people banging on marvels door for turning Thor and Hercules into comic book heroes. Japan has pumped out tons of christian themed anime yet I don't here anyone banging down their doors. As someone has already pointed out their is a video game out their that has Asura the Destructor as its protagonist.

And were was this guy when the TV series Supernatural had some very iconic deities from multiple religions, Ganesha included, brutally murdered by the christian devil? As for the people complaining about the female gods skin color, all the gods of destruction are dressed in egyptian themed clothes. Thats their theme, she is not a representation of any real life egyption caricatures and none is saying all egyptions looked like her.

People just need to get over themselfs and stop taking everything that life has in it that they don't like as some kind of personal attack or slight.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:30 pm

gohan_black wrote:so now a bunch of black people cry about the Cleopatra looking charecter being white. even when Cleopatra was actually a white woman from a greek family. this is happening on the big dragon ball z group on facebook lol
I akways thought that she was black........
But for real this whole is stupid even if Cleopatra was indeed Black, who cares? i use to joke saying "Jesus was Black" but that's only for shit and giggles and nothing serious :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Evil?
Thesr guys are crazy. We didn't see anything yet. It's just a god. From now he isn't evil or good.
Vados Sama!

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:48 pm

If thats the case, then we - the fans will GoFundme the hell out of it.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:18 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:
I akways thought that she was black........
But for real this whole is stupid even if Cleopatra was indeed Black, who cares? i use to joke saying "Jesus was Black" but that's only for shit and giggles and nothing serious :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra

Cleopatra was a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty, a family of Macedonian Greek[3] origin that ruled Egypt after Alexander the Great's death during the Hellenistic period. The Ptolemies spoke Greek
those black racists dont even know their shit. dont listen to them.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 pm

That is about as idiotic as if someone would be mad about Square Enix being the creators of an alien lifeform called "Jenova" as reference to Jehova + the Latin for "new" with it being a part of the same compilation as creations called "Sephiroth" after the twigs for the way to godhood and Genesis, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

There will always be people who exaggerate.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Cetra wrote:That is about as idiotic as if someone would be mad about Square Enix being the creators of an alien lifeform called "Jenova" as reference to Jehova + the Latin for "new" with it being a part of the same compilation as creations called "Sephiroth" after the twigs for the way to godhood and Genesis, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Pretty sure that did happen.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:34 pm

The gods are neither evil nor good. Silly overreaction
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Cetra wrote:That is about as idiotic as if someone would be mad about Square Enix being the creators of an alien lifeform called "Jenova" as reference to Jehova + the Latin for "new" with it being a part of the same compilation as creations called "Sephiroth" after the twigs for the way to godhood and Genesis, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Pretty sure that did happen.
Mad? Sure. Demanding that they remove those important aspects of the game? No.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 am

I am not close to Hindu faith by any means, so I'm probably not the best to talk about this, but here is my two cents:

I feel like I can understand why people would be upset... based on this wrong description of the GoD. Because from this article its clear that because of people blowing stuff out of proportions and misinformation people have been let to believe that:

A.) This guy is literally meant to be Ganesha

B.) GoD are evil

C.) This guy is gonna be a villain

And just by that alone I could see why some people might get upset. Hinduism doesnt get much representation as is, and they probably wouldnt want one of their gods to be portrayed so inaccurately.

Of course WE now A is not true (he's likely not even gonna be called Ganesha, but like some alcohol.), B is not true either, and C is still up in the air. This pink elephant guy probably has about as much to do with Ganesha than Beerus would have with Bastet and the like.

But still THEY dont know that, so yeah...
-凯