How dbs super will be end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

How dbs super will be end?

Post by Super Saiyan God » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:39 pm

I hope that Tori bot will make an appearance and fight someone because its supposed to be much stronger then zeno. I dont think that this is final arc of dbs.
So whats yours idea?

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How dbs super will be end?

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Seeing as they just made a new opening, I'm definitely not thinking it's the final arc. I would guess around 150 episodes is the plan, then EOZ, then either more Super after that or some other new series

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:00 am

Wow i'm happy to db wont end. but hows about Tori bot will he make an appearance or not?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 am

I feel like this is the final arc, the opening hints it (scenes are heavily focused on this arc) and its a good place to end it, we finally saw the GoDs which were foreshadowed, a tournament with what is known to have the greatest warriors each universe has, having them rumble it up.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:21 am

There is absolutely no way Toei is planning to end the series any time soon, it's making them a ton of money right now. The fact that fans can't imagine them topping the current story arc just means that they are doing their job right.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:28 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I feel like this is the final arc, the opening hints it (scenes are heavily focused on this arc) and its a good place to end it, we finally saw the GoDs which were foreshadowed, a tournament with what is known to have the greatest warriors each universe has, having them rumble it up.
You make a very good point about realizing what was first brought up in Battle of Gods 4 years ago (and essentially the basis for the entire series), but if it IS the final DBS arc it needs to be more than "just a tournament" for ~20 episodes IMO like previous Super sagas so far

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:19 am

Super will be at least 150-200 episodes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:53 am

I think they'll segway into the start of episode 289 of Z somehow. They seem determined to stick to this 10 year gap.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:11 am

Basaku wrote:Seeing as they just made a new opening, I'm definitely not thinking it's the final arc. I would guess around 150 episodes is the plan, then EOZ, then either more Super after that or some other new series
150, no chance mate, this is super, divide that by 2 and that's how kuch maximum we get..
The story is never that complicated and they don't stretch fights out either, there simply isn't enough material for 150 episodes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 am

A better question is what will not happen.

Goku will not become evil. The Multiverse will not be destroyed. Vegeta will not be replaced as Goku's rival.
Retired.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:29 am

Anyone who thinks Super won't last 150 eps at the bare minimum is kidding themselves. I think it will be closer to 200 by the time it ends.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:33 am

precita wrote:Anyone who thinks Super won't last 150 eps at the bare minimum is kidding themselves. I think it will be closer to 200 by the time it ends.
I don't know why you're comfortable putting a number on it at all. It will keep going on and on as long as it's a success, it could be anywhere between another year and a half (we can easily extrapolate that it's going to be at least that long) and 100 years. There's no genuine means by which to predict a specific episode count.
Retired.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:46 am

Chuquita wrote:I think they'll segway into the start of episode 289 of Z somehow. They seem determined to stick to this 10 year gap.
They sure seem for now, but they keep referencing EOZ and introducing things present in it. And although the timeframe in the show is moving at a glacial pace, it is moving. Pan pregnancy, birth, Bra pregnancy etc. As much as they may want to cling to this 10 year gap, they can only do it for so long until it gets just ridiculous in its attempts not to reach EOZ (or even 4/5 years mark before it which obviously is already here but lets give it some leeway).
Ki Breaker wrote: 150, no chance mate, this is super, divide that by 2 and that's how kuch maximum we get..
The story is never that complicated and they don't stretch fights out either, there simply isn't enough material for 150 episodes
Urhm, 150 / 2 = 75 and we're at 78 with new arc that could easily reach 100 mark. If it's 2 more sagas after it's hardly unconvinceable.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:50 am

Basaku wrote: Urhm, 150 / 2 = 75 and we're at 78 with new arc that could easily reach 100 mark. If it's 2 more sagas after it's hardly unconvinceable.
My bad, I thought you were talking about the universe arc alone having 150 episodes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am

My prediction as stated many times before:

God/Vegeta will be the only ones with God ki. Making the other Gods blame Beerus for the whole universe destruction things and it will be deemed that Beerus mentoring Goku is the whole reason they have two Omnikings and the tournament. Whoever wins will wish Goku had never met Beerus and time will be reversed back to before Goku and Beerus met.

This will be the end of Super officially and a new series will start without Toriyama, similar to how GTs production was.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:22 am

It would be really cool if the universe survival arc made it past Episode 100. Still, if they pace it right, there should be no problem with it happening.

I expect some obstacles along the way, like a God of Destruction mutiny or something. Of course Zeno can just erase them all on the spot, which means it's probably not gonna happen.

Come to think of it, it's actually difficult to think of any sort of interruption to the tournament, as there is literally no threat in existence capable of jeopardizing the tournament once it's underway. So the best we can hope for are small character arcs intertwined with the tournament matches.
TheMikado wrote:My prediction as stated many times before:

God/Vegeta will be the only ones with God ki. Making the other Gods blame Beerus for the whole universe destruction things and it will be deemed that Beerus mentoring Goku is the whole reason they have two Omnikings and the tournament. Whoever wins will wish Goku had never met Beerus and time will be reversed back to before Goku and Beerus met.

This will be the end of Super officially and a new series will start without Toriyama, similar to how GTs production was.
Holy shit man, now THAT would suck big time. It's always a shame if something you've invested time and emotions into gets rewinded and erased just like that.

Oh wait... is this about GT? :D
Last edited by Saturnine on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:23 am

It won't happen and it's honestly dumb as fuck. Why would the pull a "never met you" crap here it will make everything feel pointless if they were going to recton everything.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:19 pm

pacz360 wrote:

It won't happen and it's honestly dumb as fuck. Why would the pull a "never met you" crap here it will make everything feel pointless if they were going to recton everything.
Look what's at stake here.
11 universes get destroyed and it's assuming universe 7 wins.
You're already screwed because you have two omnikings instead of one to deal with on Goku is only friends with one of the them. Remember the future Omni king had his universe wiped because some Kaioshin had a grudge against Goku. Futher if we are pulling the wish everyone back with the Dragonballs bit when Goku can't even ask a simple question how is the omniking going to act when Goku reverses everything he just did.

So our options are:
Everything gets destroyed and wish them back
Everything gets destroyed except universe 7 making Super pointless because now there are no more universes to explore.
Reverse all the BS Goku caused to the multiverse including the two omniking thing and Trunks world being destroyed.

Like strictly from a narrative perspective where else do you go with the series without an enormous amount of BS thrown into it ? You literally have the existence of the entire Dragonball universe on the line.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Super will not end any time soon however I do think this will be the last arc pre EOZ I fully expect and hope do a time skip after this arc.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:42 pm

It will end with Zeno erasing everyone and everything. The last scene is just Zeno staring into the screen with a poker face.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super