Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 27/08/18).

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 am

The Broly movie, Bardock TV special and the Gogeta movie being screened in America this year were all big hints about what kind of content was going to be in the Super movie. And Xenoverse 2 has pretty much sealed the deal.

We are getting Broly vs Gogeta.

Yay.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 27/08/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 am

Well... Bandai did predict this would happen last year...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:54 am

Gogeta and Broly is by far the laziest thing they could do for a movie but at the same time it's the smartest marketing move and will probably be the most exciting thing our eyes will see.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:06 am

sintzu wrote:Gogeta and Broly is by far the laziest thing they could do for a movie but at the same time it's the smartest marketing move and will probably be the most exciting thing our eyes will see.
Yeah, I was so against Vegetto returning in DBS but that episode looked great and I ended up getting caught up in it, hell I remember even my avatar being Vegetto for a while after.

Bandai are set for life now, regardless if DBS comes on the air again or not they have a Broly and a Gogeta that actually appeared in DBS, I can't help but feel it'll be seen as justification to them for their BS they've been doing for the last 3-5 years (just like that example above).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 pm

FINALLY, Amazon US has preorders up for movie figures now.
They're missing Blue Goku and Vegeta though.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Do u know what these are Baggie?

Also, with the fact that the XV2 dataminers found Gogeta with Broly for the next new characters, i think its safe to say that New Character A is Gogeta. Fingers crossed for Yamoshi as character b
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Do u know what these are Baggie?

Also, with the fact that the XV2 dataminers found Gogeta with Broly for the next new characters, i think its safe to say that New Character A is Gogeta. Fingers crossed for Yamoshi as character b
Bandai's December Gashapon...

VS has SSGSS Evolution Vegeta... Now dunno if this is for DBS:Broly or DBS period as their advertising both on the set and they have F Trunks.

And New Character A1, A2... meaning two forms of Gogeta. Gogeta Red/Blue or Gogeta Blue/Silver.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:58 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

VS has SSGSS Evolution Vegeta... Now dunno if this is for DBS:Broly or DBS period as their advertising both on the set and they have F Trunks.

And New Character A1, A2... meaning two forms of Gogeta. Gogeta Red/Blue or Gogeta Blue/Silver.
Do these get a US or International release ?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:13 am

More Bandai December gashapons:

UDM #35:
.SS Broly FP
.SSG Vegeta
.Character A1
.Character A2
.Freeza
.Guldo
Edit-

DBS SDBH SF #04:

.Goku
.Vegeta
.Masked Saiyan
.Golden Coola
.Cumber
.SECRET

What. A. December. Only took us 5 years to get OP level treatment!

Out today, DBS Deskmat (Reverse a world map):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

============
Issei189 wrote: Do these get a US or International release ?
Someone will list them on eBay when they're out but usual retailers overseas that do Banpresto figures don't release these.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:19 am

We'll, at least God Vegeta is getting a handful of things right away, unlike Blue Evolved.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:33 am

FULL DECEMBER SCHEDULE

Preface: All release dates Japanese. Since Dec 1st is a Saturday the following Monday counts as Week 2 not Week 1.
Week 2 (3rd-7th December):
Son Goku 20th Movie Limited Figure:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Giant Shenron Plush:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
December 8th (most likely) Ichiban Kuji DBS 20th Film:
[spoiler]Prize A: SUPER SAIYAN BROLY FULL POWER
Prize B: NEW CHARACTER A

Prize C: NEW CHARACTER B

Prize D: SSGSS SON GOKU
Prize E: SS SON GOKU

Prize F: Small Plates

Prize G: Canvas

THE 20TH FILM MEMORIAL AWARD: Posters and clear files

LO Prize: SUPER SAIYAN BROLY FULL POWER LO VER.

DC Prize: Same as LO.[/spoiler]
Week 3 (10th-14th December):
Ultimate Soldier-The Movie-I-Broly (Anger):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

DBS:Broly WCF Vol.1:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

(Bandai Gashapon) DBS VS #09:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

DRAGON BALL SUPER: BROLY OPENS NATIONWIDE 14th DECEMBER
Week 4 (17th-21st December):
Ultimate Soldier-The Movie-II-Goku (SSGSS):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ultimate Soldier-The Movie-III-Vegeta (SSGSS):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

(Bandai Gashapon) HG DBS #01 *BROLY IS RARE*
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

(Bandai Gashapon) UDM BURST #35:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

(Bandai Gashapon) DBS SDBH Skills Figures #04:
[spoiler].Goku
.Vegeta
.Masked Saiyan
.Golden Coola
.Cumber
.SECRET[/spoiler]
Week of release TBA:
(Bandai Candy) Adverge 9:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

(Bandai Candy) Wafer Stickers 10:
[spoiler]Characters that appear in movie "Dragon Ball Super Broly" also characters that appear in Super Dragon Ball Heroes. 23 stickers in total including one secret rate type!
placeholder image
Image[/spoiler]

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Part of me hoped it was 2 different characters. But i feel like unless Gogeta’s gonna be in the movie for at least 10 minutes, he shouldn’t have 2 figures for himself showing off 2 different forms. And I also feel like UI Gogeta is overkill.

How sure are you that its one character but 2 different forms and why are you sure?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:25 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Part of me hoped it was 2 different characters. But i feel like unless Gogeta’s gonna be in the movie for at least 10 minutes, he shouldn’t have 2 figures for himself showing off 2 different forms. And I also feel like UI Gogeta is overkill.

How sure are you that its one character but 2 different forms and why are you sure?
"Movie Character A1 & Movie Character A2" heavily implies same character but some difference so ie a different form. Otherwise why wouldn't they label it "Movie Character A&B"?

I think Bandai have just given the game away here.

Could also be base Gogeta and SSGSS Gogeta. Though they tend to not merch base fusions that much so I am still leaning towards us seeing Gogeta go through at least 2 forms.

I agree about UI Gogeta. I definitely don't want that to happen. But I think now with SSG Vegeta we'll see Gogeta Red and Blue.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 am

I don't think we'll see UI Gogeta/Vegetto before Vegeta gets it so it'll either be base and Blue or red and Blue.

ParagonMike

Post by ParagonMike » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:39 am

sintzu wrote:I don't think we'll see UI Gogeta/Vegetto before Vegeta gets it so it'll either be base and Blue or red and Blue.
Heroes says otherwise with Vegito being able to use kaioken.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:47 am

Better look at next month's FES UI Goku final version production image:

UI Goku figures slowly winding down now, wonder if they'll pick up again after the movie hype dies down next year. Left to get a UI Goku figure from Yamashita and Suzuki.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:24 am

ParagonMike wrote:
sintzu wrote:I don't think we'll see UI Gogeta/Vegetto before Vegeta gets it so it'll either be base and Blue or red and Blue.
Heroes says otherwise with Vegito being able to use kaioken.
Kaioken isn't a form, it's a technique Goku has. Either fusion getting UI before Vegeta would lessen the impact of him reaching it. It would also be overkill to have Broly be this powerful when we know there are more stories to come.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Part of me hoped it was 2 different characters. But i feel like unless Gogeta’s gonna be in the movie for at least 10 minutes, he shouldn’t have 2 figures for himself showing off 2 different forms. And I also feel like UI Gogeta is overkill.

"Movie Character A1 & Movie Character A2" heavily implies same character but some difference so ie a different form. Otherwise why wouldn't they label it "Movie Character A&B"?

I think Bandai have just given the game away here.

Could also be base Gogeta and SSGSS Gogeta. Though they tend to not merch base fusions that much so I am still leaning towards us seeing Gogeta go through at least 2 forms.

I agree about UI Gogeta. I definitely don't want that to happen. But I think now with SSG Vegeta we'll see Gogeta Red and Blue.
Yeah, it all fits but i feel like its strange that they would release 2 figures of the SAME character. I feel like with these things they’d just pick what the think would be the most popular version of that character would be and give it away rather than have 2 versions of the same character. And in this case, it would be a color swap anyway since Gogeta’s hair doesn’t change no matter what form he’s in unless they give Gogeta a redesign and he gets a new hairstyle and it’s actually changes when he transforms.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:15 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Yeah, it all fits but i feel like its strange that they would release 2 figures of the SAME character. I feel like with these things they’d just pick what the think would be the most popular version of that character would be and give it away rather than have 2 versions of the same character. And in this case, it would be a color swap anyway since Gogeta’s hair doesn’t change no matter what form he’s in unless they give Gogeta a redesign and he gets a new hairstyle and it’s actually changes when he transforms.
That's probably why only one new character from the Ichiban Kuji will be released overseas... If it is two forms of Gogeta makes sense to only release the strongest overseas like they're releasing the SSGSS Goku from the IBK overseas but not the SS Goku.

Bandai & Banpresto like re-using moulds a lot. It's quite common. Bandai's October VS #08 for example has SSGSS & SS Vegetto same mould. If Gogeta does go though more forms it's a no brainer for them to re use his mould.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Better look at next month's FES UI Goku final version production image:

UI Goku figures slowly winding down now, wonder if they'll pick up again after the movie hype dies down next year. Left to get a UI Goku figure from Yamashita and Suzuki.
Maybe that, or maybe there will only be a few between then and when UI returns, and then we'll get a bunch more.