Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 20/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

majinwarman wrote: Had any merch come out that hints about the ending to the new movie?
Nah, beyond constant indications of Gogeta they've been really cautious, we have 11 out of 18 WCFs blanked so there is still quite a bit they are hiding. November is when everything should pretty much get revealed, V Jump will reveal Gogeta then around the same time Craneking will update their website with final versions and dates for the December figures. (Bandai will update their website on the 1st December though likely they will show off final versions of figures in V Jump anyway).
GodVegetto91 wrote:So i take it Broly is the only other character that gets this much merchandise beside Goku and Vegeta right?

Just how many different pieces of merchandise have they sold already of new Broly?
Impossible to know how much they've sold yet, we'll know the movie merch starts coming out. It will be impossible to work out Bandai sales but Banpresto sales should be easy enough to work out what the big three gamestations in Japan ordered. Right now Grandista UI Goku in July had the most case orders from the big three (was at least of 500!) for a DB figure.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 20/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:25 am

December Movie Ichiban Kuji will begin December 4th 2018 in Japan:
So confirmation we are indeed going to be spoiled beforehand and November's V Jump seems most likely.

Also you can see more details on the Broly compared to the production image, also paint job looks vastly superior! This Broly will be figure of decade! Furthermore this means we are likely to see the movie Ichiban Kuji shown off this weekend at Hobby Fair (minus the "new" character(s) of course) since they've updated the Kuji page.

Slightly different look at the final version Broly:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 26/09/18).

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 am

Holy cow, what a figure! Now I'm really glad I decided to spring for him. :mrgreen:

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 26/09/18).

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 am

I need that King Clustar Broly figure. It looks ridiculously good.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Holy cow, what a figure! Now I'm really glad I decided to spring for him. :mrgreen:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I need that King Clustar Broly figure. It looks ridiculously good.
I went ahead an pre ordered another one! Wild to even imagine we are in this position after the terrible year of 2017! Instead of production images looking better than the final version we are now at the opposite! Forming Bandai Spirits may have been the best decision BNHD have made, a whole separate division to concentrate on high end figures (and models) for adults and we're seeing the fruits!

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Man that IBK Broly figure is the real deal, a shame the SSB Goku and Vegeta counter part looked underwhelming, if only they could put more detail in their hair it would be a complete set!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:14 am

Bandai Spirits updated all their Kuji December pages, right on the week of Hobby Show.... I think it's looking likely they'll show off the final versions this weekend and if we're even more lucky they'll hopefully shows Feb's Dokkan Kuji figures off too (but we should get production images week after so no big deal if we don't).

======
SuperNingenGod wrote:Man that IBK Broly figure is the real deal, a shame the SSB Goku and Vegeta counter part looked underwhelming, if only they could put more detail in their hair it would be a complete set!
I think you're confusing the Ichiban Kuji with the Ultimate Soldiers line.

Ichiban Kuji:
Ultimate Soldiers:
They'll be no Full Power Broly in the Ultimate Soldiers line the new Buyuden line in Jan will do that to cover Full Power Broly for a regular prize figure. (Reason for the line change is likely due to a different sculptor doing these as generally one line is usually dedicated to one sculptor.)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:49 am

Bandai January Gashapons

Week 2; UDM THE BEST 28:
.SSG Goku
.Beerus
.SSGSS Vegetto
.SS4 Gogeta
.Cabba

That's all folks....

Wow. I knew Bandai couldn't keep a busy schedule but just one re-release UDM is ridiculous /:

Edit -

JK JK JK

Movie HG #02

.Movie Character (Rare)
.SSGSS Goku
.Broly Anger
.Beerus
.Whis

UG #09

.Movie Character (2 Types of Colour difference)
.SSG Vegeta
.SS Broly Full Power

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:40 am

Ah yes silly me :oops: , thanks for clearing it Baggie Saiyan. IBK's Goku looks mint AF!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:27 pm

SuperNingenGod wrote:Ah yes silly me :oops: , thanks for clearing it Baggie Saiyan. IBK's Goku looks mint AF!
And the final version will look even better than the production image! Which is why I am desperately hoping it's shown off this weekend, I am also curious about the smaller prizes too.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Where's the best and cheapest place to preorder HG Set 1 for someone who lives in the U.S.? Do you know, Baggie?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm

TheNingen wrote:Where's the best and cheapest place to preorder HG Set 1 for someone who lives in the U.S.? Do you know, Baggie?
Sorry afraid I don't. Gashapons aren't officially distributed outside of Japan and Asia so anyone selling it will mark up the price. Right now in Japan minus shipping costs the set is pre-selling for ~¥2500 but since ratio's aren't known in advance most sellers warn people that it's temporary reservation for gashapons, if the ratio's are whack then they may cancel order. However for the HG's Bandai have noted that Broly and now for #02 Movie Character will be rare so that explains why they're presumably charging ¥2500 instead of ¥1500 (¥300 x set of 5).

Bandai don't actually under ratio often but you just don't know they might pull some shenanigans, even despite of saying one figure will be rarer. Just don't know with them.

The gashapons I've pre ordered in the past all been okay but I've only pre ordered gashapons twice before (the UI VS set in April and UG#08 that came out last week) I usually wait for release when it comes to gashapons but I did risk and pre ordered all the December movie one's (except the Skill Figures).

Ratios suck. They truly do. For Banpresto it doesn't matter too much to us now since most figures get released overseas nowadays thanks to BNHD wanting to put more focus on us, but it's definitely still a problem for Bandai stuff especially gashapons, even gashapons that are released in Asia have same ratios as Japan.

That all said ratios do at least have some benefits like those that end up being over will be cheaper then if the ratios were more even.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:06 pm

I’m glad to see they are selling toys of Broly’s Rage Form too! That form definitely deserves it!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm

TheNingen wrote:Where's the best and cheapest place to preorder HG Set 1 for someone who lives in the U.S.? Do you know, Baggie?
HLJ did have these for preorder for a reasonable price but they seemed to have closed preorders now, so RIP. There’s a small chance it’ll be back up when it releases. They still have the Heroes figures with Goku and Vegeta with jackets though and they charge when it’s ready to ship

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:15 am

October 17th:
LO & DC Prize:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Good promo artist finally doing art boards.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Bandai Spirits confirmed Masterlise are a new brand. So we know have Bandai, Banpresto, Megahouse, Masterlise & King Clustar.

======
ArchedThunder wrote:Good promo artist finally doing art boards.
Yup!! Also took over stationary promo art. Took them long enough to promote him! More art in the movie Ichiban Kuji and Shikishi Art 7 in December to look forward too hopefully it's all good promo artist and or Shintani.
Also usual UDMs we have new volumes in November and December so hopefully he does SSGSS.E as the mascot character for November and not another UI Goku and it probably be safe to assume they'll use Broly as the mascot character for the movie UDM.

Nice a feeling to genuinely be looking forward to buying DB art! Definitely what I'm excited most about from the October Icjiban Kuji!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Bandai January Gashapons

Movie HG #02

.Movie Character (Rare)
.SSGSS Goku
.Broly Anger
.Beerus
.Whis

UG #09

.Movie Character (2 Types of Colour difference)
.SSG Vegeta
.SS Broly Full Power

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:09 am

Hate to bump this again but even clearer pics!

HG#02
UG #09

There look great! Though I think someone at Bandai hates SSG Goku.... Another SSGSS Goku? And they didn't at least even make him blue shirt? Come on. But it does look better than the HG #01 Goku.

ParagonMike

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by ParagonMike » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:24 am

SSBE Goku?!?

That hair color tho.