Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 am

More Kura Sushi goods:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Women's merch:
SSG Vegeta WCF hair is a lot darker, Broly and Gogeta turned out great:
Nakazawa confirmed to me he sculpted Shintani KV Goku! Suspicion was correct! Also got indirect confirmation Hiroki may have done the Ultimate Soldiers line. Ren helped sculpt one of the FP Broly's.

JUMP FESTA! Excited to see what figures they show off hopefully the Feb Dokkan Kuji's are! Hopefully Grandista too! Also BWFC winner will be announced, will Varoq be able to reclaim his title? Said winner will also sculpt a figure free of their choice too! So I kinda want one of the international sculptors to win and hopefully get to see their take on I'd assume Broly or Gogeta.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm

May Kuji:

Dokkan:

9 FIGURES FOR MAY KUJI..... I NEED TO LIE DOWN!

HG:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:09 am

So much good stuff... what an awful time to be poor.
I'm glad Blue Evolved finally has merch, hopefully if they keep it up we'll get one from after he lost his armor.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 am

OMFG :shock: those Kuji figures, I need all of them! Them Vegeta Evos, them Omens, them Blues, them fusions, them Brolys, them everything and just when I thought things couldn't get any better all this happened. Thank you Baggie for the pictures, truly a Xmas gift.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:23 am

Out today:
Better look at next month's HG #02 credit Pekindaq:

===========
ArchedThunder wrote:So much good stuff... what an awful time to be poor.
I'm glad Blue Evolved finally has merch, hopefully if they keep it up we'll get one from after he lost his armor.
Aye. His armour has a little bit of damage so we're getting there!
SuperNingenGod wrote:OMFG :shock: those Kuji figures, I need all of them! Them Vegeta Evos, them Omens, them Blues, them fusions, them Brolys, them everything and just when I thought things couldn't get any better all this happened. Thank you Baggie for the pictures, truly a Xmas gift.
They finally listed and gave the Omen remould a blue shirt!! Though it is LO Prize and BoS Omen comes out April so probably won't bother with that, unless can find for a good deal.
Freeza and SS Goku looks the meh-est of them all which is a-ok with me because we got so much of them two it's like why they bother?

Finally a SS Broly too, would have preferred Anger but be be nice to own all forms of Broly in proper scale I suppose. Gogeta vs Broly looks sweet.

Still no look at the Dokkan Collab figure yet.... hmm.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:08 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: They finally listed and gave the Omen remould a blue shirt!! Though it is LO Prize and BoS Omen comes out April so probably won't bother with that, unless can find for a good deal.
Freeza and SS Goku looks the meh-est of them all which is a-ok with me because we got so much of them two it's like why they bother?

Finally a SS Broly too, would have preferred Anger but be be nice to own all forms of Broly in proper scale I suppose. Gogeta vs Broly looks sweet.

I love how everything is remould and the dynamic poses are so on spot to the anime. For me the Vegeta Evo vs Goko Omen full gi is an instant classic, their nostalgic battle stances along with the latest forms are simply exquisite. SSB Gogeta vs LSSJ Broly also look incredibly detailed and yeah that SSJ Broly would be a nice addition to the evolution of Broly. Need more God Vegeta tho, hell the anime should use it more from now on too seeing how utterly awesome he looks in that form.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: They finally listed and gave the Omen remould a blue shirt!! Though it is LO Prize and BoS Omen comes out April so probably won't bother with that, unless can find for a good deal.

I love how everything is remould and the dynamic poses are so on spot to the anime. For me the Vegeta Evo vs Goko Omen full gi is an instant classic, their nostalgic battle stances along with the latest forms are simply exquisite. SSB Gogeta vs LSSJ Broly also look incredibly detailed and yeah that SSJ Broly would be a nice addition to the evolution of Broly. Need more God Vegeta tho, hell the anime should use it more from now on too seeing how utterly awesome he looks in that form.
Also need more Golden Freeza!

I'd love to get everything lol but Omen's both being LO prizes suck thankfully we have the BoS as a back up. SSGSS Dokkan Goku and Vegeta look good but I'd probably make Evolution Vegeta priority for the Dokkan Kuji.

May. I have enough UI Goku so probably pass that. If I don't get Feb's Dokkan Evo Vegeta then May is a good back up. Gogeta vs Broly will be priority and I will probably pass on the Grandista then. And then Goku vs SS Broly if I saved up enough!

I am thankful I haven't pre ordered any figures after Jan (expect the final movie WCF in Feb.)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:32 am

Jan's UG#09 and another look at HG Enemy Edition. (Credit 48hey):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:47 am

2018 BWFC Winner....

Hiroyuki Nakazawa!
March Adverge featuring Cheelai and Lemo will be P Bandai exclusive.....
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:50 am

Eh, not my favorite. But from what I remember it was in my top 3.

Do we have a poll or something?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:04 am

Michsi wrote:Eh, not my favorite. But from what I remember it was in my top 3.

Do we have a poll or something?
https://banprestowfc.com/voting-dragonballz/

Poll was for the fan award (I think winner got a smaller cash prize), Gonzales won that! Unfortunately unlike the Grand Prize other than the obviously bigger cash prize he doesn't get to sculpt a figure later of their choice. I love Nakazawa but he already does a lot so wanted someone else to win for that reason.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:46 am

Thanks for the link.

But I don't get it, is the number we see under "power level" the votes? Cuz the "winner" is in the last three then.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 am

Michsi wrote:Thanks for the link.

But I don't get it, is the number we see under "power level" the votes? Cuz the "winner" is in the last three then.

I think those are fan votes. The army Goku won the jury vote. But yes it’s lower down on the fan votes which is ironic.

For me there was not a clear winner this year. They were all good but I didn’t have a favorite or one that I really stood out to me.

Nakazawa always makes good figures but he will probably end up making another Goku which doesn’t personally excite me much.

Edit: Just looked at the One Piece ones and the Luffy one with the umbrella that I loved did win the fan award, so that’s cool!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 am

Kinokima wrote:

I think those are fan votes. The army Goku won the jury vote. But yes it’s lower down on the fan votes which is ironic.

For me there was not a clear winner this year. They were all good but I didn’t have a favorite or one that I really stood out to me.

Nakazawa always makes good figures but he will probably end up making another Goku which doesn’t personally excite me much.
My personal favorites were Piccolo, Freeza second form, Goku from the 23rd TB (I know I said army Goku was top three, but I forgot I liked the other better.)
Fans probably voted based on characters they like, though if that's the case I'm super surprised about Vegeta being that low.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:22 am

Black, #17 & Kid Goku were my favourites.

I'd love Nakazawa to do a farmer Goku outifit for the special. Since we have the new movie I guess one of Gogeta/Broly will likely be picked.

They should allow the fan award winner to sculpt a special one too.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:24 am

Michsi wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

My personal favorites were Piccolo, Freeza second form, Goku from the 23rd TB (I know I said army Goku was top three, but I forgot I liked the other better.)
Fans probably voted based on characters they like, though if that's the case I'm super surprised about Vegeta being that low.

I love Vegeta but somehow I am not super enamoured with this figure. It’s nice but I guess I was hoping for something more when I saw the initial concept.

Then again I felt the same way about the Goku Black and that won the fan prize.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:54 am

Vegeta's actually one of the better ones it terms of expression. I liked Freeza and Piccolo due to how dynamic the poses looked, especially Freeza. 23rd TB Goku is also really lively. Black is actually really good too, but I think his popularity helped a lot. Trunks and Kid Goku, not feeling those at all I'm sorry to say.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 am

Michsi wrote:Vegeta's actually one of the better ones it terms of expression. I liked Freeza and Piccolo due to how dynamic the poses looked, especially Freeza. 23rd TB Goku is also really lively. Black is actually really good too, but I think his popularity helped a lot. Trunks and Kid Goku, not feeling those at all I'm sorry to say.

Out of all of them in terms of sculpt and how dynamic the pose is I think Varoq’s Android 17 is the best. I just am not very excited about Android 17 personally. Though while it is high in the poll I am surprised it’s not higher with 17 being pretty popular after the TOP and it actually is a great figure.

Sigh if only Varoq would sculpt a dynamic Vegeta figure like that.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Michsi wrote:Vegeta's actually one of the better ones it terms of expression. I liked Freeza and Piccolo due to how dynamic the poses looked, especially Freeza. 23rd TB Goku is also really lively. Black is actually really good too, but I think his popularity helped a lot. Trunks and Kid Goku, not feeling those at all I'm sorry to say.

Out of all of them in terms of sculpt and how dynamic the pose is I think Varoq’s Android 17 is the best. I just am not very excited about Android 17 personally. Though while it is high in the poll I am surprised it’s not higher with 17 being pretty popular after the TOP and it actually is a great figure.

Sigh if only Varoq would sculpt a dynamic Vegeta figure like that.

The reason I didn't add 17 to my favorites despite it technically having a really dynamic pose is because I find it a little unimaginative. It's just a speed running pose. I'm not huge on 17 either, but I can still appreciate a work like this objectively. I'm not a fan of 2nd form Freeza at all, but I find that sculpture really good.