God Anime Now HATES Goku

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: God Anime Now HATES Goku

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:46 am

Those two articles were pretty awful and whats crazy is ANN is propping these up...!
Freeza9000 wrote:To be perfectly honest, this "Tournament of Power" would've probably never happened if Goku didn't go up to Zen'o and remind him of the tournament Zen'o promised. But if someone wanted to be super technical and blame Goku, one should blame Champa or Beerus for coming up with the idea of a tournament between Universe 6 and 7 and Zeno got the idea for a mutiversal tournament which also began Goku's "relationship" with Zen'o. See, no one including Goku saw this horrible rule coming. Should he take some responsibility or blame? Sure. But the main culprit here is Zen'o himself.
Yes it would have happened regardless. Zen-Oh just forgot all Goku is responsible for is making it happen now.
sintzu wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:What makes this even more odd is that we are only 2 episodes deep into this arc yet it's being treated like Goku is personally blowing up these planets himself.
None of this would've happened without him.

What he did would be like asking a teacher to test your skills, but instead he or she surprises everyone with a real test and no one's ready for it. it's not your fault that the teacher did that but if you kept your mouth shut like what your friends told you no one would've been in that situation.
Except the teacher here already had it planned told you about it and just forgot for the time being so it was gonna happen regardless all your responsibile for is making it happen sooner.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 am

lets not forget how goku challenged zamasu to a fight and this was the reason zamasu wanted goku's body and why he was furious with mortals. i mean yeah he had that plan in his head for some time but goku was the last strew.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:55 am

gohan_black wrote:lets not forget how goku challenged zamasu to a fight and this was the reason zamasu wanted goku's body and why he was furious with mortals. i mean yeah he had that plan in his head for some time but goku was the last strew.
Goku fought Zamasu to see if he was Black, not just to get a good fight. Beerus and Whis even approved of Goku fighting Zamasu for this reason. And Zamasu wasn't stable to beginning with if it takes a bruised ego to send him over the edge.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 am

These are the kind of people who are so fickle minded they climb on every bandwagon which is popular hoping to get some nods..
I wouldn't give them too much importance
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:01 am

Huh, am I the only one who actually agrees with this article? Hell the article even outright admits that Goku is still a good guy. But it also states that Goku's actions are what causes him too become more evil than any other villain in the franchise.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 am

Gog wrote: Goku is still a good guy
him too become more evil than any other villain in the franchise.
One of these things are not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

This does not make him evil, for it to be evil he would of had to know that Zeno would include the erase rule. It's asnine to put him above the likes of Frieza on that scale.
Frieza took glee in tourtering various people, slowly committing genocide and erasing anyone who doesn't support his massive ego.
Goku reminded his friend about a tournament, and that friend made a rule that the losing universes are to be destroyed.

One's a person who knows the full ramifications of his actions, enjoys all the pain he inflicts and all because he wants to lorde his power over everyone else. The other is someone who while selfish, had no malicious intent and little reason to think events would unfold that way.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote: Goku is still a good guy
him too become more evil than any other villain in the franchise.
One of these things are not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

This does not make him evil, for it to be evil he would of had to know that Zeno would include the erase rule. It's asnine to put him above the likes of Frieza on that scale.
Frieza took glee in tourtering various people, slowly committing genocide and erasing anyone who doesn't support his massive ego.
Goku reminded his friend about a tournament, and that friend made a rule that the losing universes are to be destroyed.

One's a person who knows the full ramifications of his actions, enjoys all the pain he inflicts and all because he wants to lorde his power over everyone else. The other is someone who while selfish, had no malicious intent and little reason to think events would unfold that way.
Kanassa, his actions are more vile and evil. Not the man himself, that's all that I'm agreeing with in the article. Because Goku has literally doomed eleven whole universes to death, imagine how many people, innocents, children are in those universes. The man's not evil, it's just that his actions are more vile than Freeza.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa, his actions are more vile and evil. Not the man himself, that's all that I'm agreeing with in the article. Because Goku has literally doomed eleven whole universes to death, imagine how many people, innocents, children are in those universes. The man's not evil, it's just that his actions are more vile than Freeza.
Then comes the question: Can you consider an action evil? Evil is mostly in the intention and knowledge taken into an action, not the action itself.

And, the article is calling GOKU evil. You were calling GOKU evil.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Gog wrote: Kanassa, his actions are more vile and evil. Not the man himself, that's all that I'm agreeing with in the article. Because Goku has literally doomed eleven whole universes to death, imagine how many people, innocents, children are in those universes. The man's not evil, it's just that his actions are more vile than Freeza.
The action of asking for a tournament is not evil. Implementing a death penalty however is. Which would arguably make Zeno the evil one.

An evil action on Gokus part would be willingly sacrificing the planets to the all mighty Zeno to get stronger opponents. Which isn't what happened.

The asking for the tournament may have had unfortunate results but that wasn't the intention of the character.

You could argue that Goku's action are Dumb, but they were not evil. Evil would be him purposefully causing harm to an unwilling/ innocent party for his own gain or pleasure.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Then comes the question: Can you consider an action evil? Evil is mostly in the intention and knowledge taken into an action, not the action itself.

And, the article is calling GOKU evil. You were calling GOKU evil.
Yes, yes I would still consider the action to be evil.

Well I didn't mean to call GOKU evil, just his actions to be evil. So ah, sorry I never specified here.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:19 pm

gohan_black wrote:How can you not hate this annoying selfish prick. I allwayes hated him. From all the way back in dragon ball z.
Must be tough watching an entire series with you hating the main character. At minimum, the main character should be tolerable.

Hate is a strong word.
Last edited by omaro34 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 pm

gohan_black wrote:How can you not hate this annoying selfish prick. I allwayes hated him. From all the way back in dragon ball z.
I can't hate him because he's a great character imo.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Hmmm, people are defending the "Super" Goku as being the Japanese Goku who would do anything for a good fight, and anything less enthusiastic than that isn't really him, and is instead the English Superman version of Goku. But think back to what made Goku so much less one-dimensional during the Cell arc. It was the fact that he didn't want to fight Cell and instead wanted Gohan to do it. Goku was arrogant in that arc in that he was risking everything on his gut feeling, but I think this shows that the Japanese Goku doesn't have to be this guy who always wants to be the one to fight strong opponents. The best Goku was intelligent Cell arc Goku. It's also interesting that he was so willing to let Vegeta go to the Room of Spirit and Time and train before him. As far as Goku knew, that would have meant the end of Cell and no strong opponent left for him to fight, yet he wasn't being an annoying DB Super Goku.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:06 pm

I find it amusing that people feel sorry for some random universes they never seen. And if they get destroyed its their fault for having weak fighters. Goku will do his best to save u7, and rest of universes if possible. Goku is not evil, nor are his actions evil. If Goku had said, hey let's blow up the losing universe, then his actions would be evil.

MarcBigleague
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MarcBigleague » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:36 pm

My prediction is one of the universes is going to be destroyed by the Zenos and after that Goku shouts "YAMEROOO ZENOO!!!! KISSAMAA!!"

Now, at the moment, Goku doesn't truly understand how devastating the gods' destructive power is. He's been hearing talk and talk about destruction for so long now (since introduction of Beerus) but not actually seen anything too shocking. Once he sees how terrible an entire universe's eradiction is (i imagine each universe being destroyed is gooing to be visualised to the remaining participants somehow), he's no longer going to be interested in fighting. He's going to get crazy and raise his fist to the Zenos. And yeah it goes from there.