Predict the ending of Universal Survival Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Predict the ending of Universal Survival Arc

Post by Faisal Shourov » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:47 pm

A lot of fans have already predicted the ending of Universe Survival Arc. I got these possible endings (not exclusively mine of course). Here we go

1) Most popular opinion: Universe 7 wins, Zeno destroys all the universe except 7. Goku and Co uses Super Dragon Balls to wish back everyone. Goku redeems himself and promises not to mess with Zeno again. Everybody forgives Goku (with possible scolding from Beerus)

2) Zeno somehow loses desire to destroy the universe and lets everybody go. All people are relieved.

3) The tournament doesn't end as predicted, Daishinkan/somebody else revolts and tourney gets interrupted. Incident escalates into a new arc.

Do you agree with any of these? If not what's your prediction? BTW, number 1 is so popular online that tons of people are like convinced that it will happen for certain. I hope number 1 doesn't happen as it will make Super extremely predictable which is bad for any show.

Discuss
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Predict the ending of Universal Survival Arc

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:52 pm

At the end of the saga, I just want to see the one above Zeno creating other Universes as I don't want Dragon Ball to lose its Multiverse concept. Aside from that, it can end the way Toriyama wants.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:02 pm

I pretty much agree with the predictions you listed. In the same order of possibility as well. I'd like to see a twist down the line, but doubt it'll happen.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Wasn't it stated that the losing universe(s) would be destroyed "immediately"? I think we can rule prediction 2 out.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:41 pm

I'm going with theory 1. Ever since they revealed the super db's are the grand prize I've been convinced that's the ending of this arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Theory one obviously. Seriously what other option if there for this? Destroy the eleven other universes permanently and potentially risk losing money over it?

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 am

Personal theory. When it gets to the quarter finals the third match will be U7 vs U11 and U7 will lose. Present Zeno will not want to destroy it because Goku is his friend but Future Zeno will want to destroy it either way, U6 and another one will ally to U7 alongside Zeno against the other 3 that remain. The reason why the other three will side with future zeno is because they see Goku as too much of a danger to all the Universes and will want his Universe destroyed. U7 eventually wins and Present Zeno erases his counterpart. Goku uses Super DBs and wishes the universes back and Universes 13 through 18 come back and the conflict is initiated for the next arc.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:34 am

I feel like the three you listed as basically the only real possibilities. Nothing else would really make sense, though Super's surprised us before.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 am

Zen'o could lose interest, or there's also the possibility of Goku managing to convince them to not do it, since he never got the chance to do so earlier since his idea was discouraged. I honestly think the tournament will reach it's conclusion.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:13 am

I bet Mr. Satan will save the day somehow.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Octorockandroll
Beyond Newbie

Post by Octorockandroll » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 am

I hope it's none of those.

No offense but those all seem sort of dull and anti-climactic. I hope they pick their way to work around the universes getting destroyed stuff early on and then move on to a bigger and less obvious twist and resolution later.

I've also heard speculation this will somehow lead to some sort of war amongst the hakaishin, but I also hope that doesn't become a reality. Big war arcs don't really have a great history when it comes to shonen battle manga.
"*sarcastically* Yeah, sure, let's go see Yamcha."

-Vegeta

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:34 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I bet Mr. Satan will save the day somehow.
Convincing zeno the same way he convinced buu because he seems to have a thing with man childs?
Sure thing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 am

Goku wins, Zeno's are happy and say they want another fight, Goku says he must keep the universes alive and not destroy them, they agree, everyone lives. The End.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:03 am

I imagine Gokuu will lose, but the winner will restore the universes as a result of learning from Gokuu's spirit.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Faustus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Faustus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:16 am

I feel confident in ruling out option 1 on the grounds of its too easy predictability.

Lately I've been toying with the possibility that U7 loses shockingly in the final round, but then of course Goku turns out to have so profoundly influenced both Zeno and the winning contestant through the fight and his infectious good nature that either (1) Zeno winds up reversing all the damage or (2) said contestant -- who even perhaps had earlier expressed a desire to use the Dragon Balls for some selfish end -- instead decides to use his wish to do the same. I favor the second of the two, though naturally I'd like to see Zeno end up changed for the better regardless.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. JulieYBM, I kindly invite you to get out of my head.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:39 am

Personally, I want to see the Zen-Ou decide to kill themselves after the tournament. This way the universes could unfold naturally, without their interference.
Faustus wrote:I feel confident in ruling out option 1 on the grounds of its too easy predictability.

Lately I've been toying with the possibility that U7 loses shockingly in the final round, but then of course Goku turns out to have so profoundly influenced both Zeno and the winning contestant through the fight and his infectious good nature that either (1) Zeno winds up reversing all the damage or (2) said contestant -- who even perhaps had earlier expressed a desire to use the Dragon Balls for some selfish end -- instead decides to use his wish to do the same. I favor the second of the two, though naturally I'd like to see Zeno end up changed for the better regardless.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. JulieYBM, I kindly invite you to get out of my head.
But if I got out...who would remind you to change your underwear?!
She/Her
bisexual milf

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 am

JulieYBM wrote:Personally, I want to see the Zen-Ou decide to kill themselves after the tournament. This way the universes could unfold naturally, without their interference.
The destruction gods would run without any fear then, sooner or later one will fight another and we get universe destruction..

Also, a bit out if topic, but does the guy in your profile pic ever change back to his man body?
And does his personality of a man return when!/if he does that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:11 am

It's possible the most obvious option will end up happening given that many seem to be expecting something different because of how predictable it is.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Personally, I want to see the Zen-Ou decide to kill themselves after the tournament. This way the universes could unfold naturally, without their interference.
The destruction gods would run without any fear then, sooner or later one will fight another and we get universe destruction..

Also, a bit out if topic, but does the guy in your profile pic ever change back to his man body?
And does his personality of a man return when!/if he does that
The Destruction Gods at least seem to balance one another out. Still, seeing them feud openly would be another story arc idea for the series to cover.

As my avatar of Igarashi Kyou from Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to: [spoiler]in the main storyline (and the sequel) Kyou remains a woman. The climax of the original piece (before Eroe put out the full 2,000 page download) is about Kyou coming to terms with his new feelings as a woman, mainly being that he is in love with Souji. Souji, of course, is incredibly happy that Kyou loves him, after spending a good portion of the latter two thirds being afraid that Kyou doesn't love him and that he was still a man on the inside After this big revelation the original storyline has a short montage of events of the rest of their life, like them getting married and having kids. The sequel takes place after Kyou and Souji become an official couple, but before they graduate high school.

Then there's the Souji route, where Kyou does return to being a man very shortly afterward, but Souji becomes a woman. It hasn't been translated yet, but going off of what I can tell from the drawings, Souji has a harder time adjusting to being a a woman than Kyou did. Souji is awkward and used to being the elder brother to three sisters. His physical transformation also seems slower, as he retains quite a bit of muscle and his breasts are small. Still, after a lot of hardship, like facing the possibility of Kyou loving another woman, Souji manages to confess and the two wind up married with three kids. In this storyline, Kyou gives up being a school thug after returning to being a man and begins to study. He never regains his bigger physique, either, so in a way Souji still sort of feels like the dominant one in the relationship.

There's also side story about Seishirou, a character from the main storyline, but I don't want to give away his role in the story. Suffice it to say, he also becomes a girl![/spoiler]
She/Her
bisexual milf

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 am

It will be revealed that the Dragon World is an Omniverse. That will tie in with the "Dragon Ball Room" and make DragonBall Japan's answer to the likes of DC/Marvel.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.