Does Zeno's multiversal destruction cause a new time ring?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Does Zeno's multiversal destruction cause a new time ring?

Post by DHM211 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:02 pm

In episode 54 we see Gowasu and Zamasu travel 1,000 years into universe 10's future, meaning it still exists for at least 1,000 years after the tournament. Since the End of Z(Kai) has yet to be retconed, we know that universe 7 also still exists after the tournament. So if Zeno does actually destroy the 11 losing universes, does that mean another time ring is created, one where all 12 universes still exist?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Does Zeno's multiversal destruction cause a new time ring?

Post by Cipher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 pm

The series is radically unspecific with the nature of the Kaioshin's forward time travel in relation to the kinds of paradoxes that lead to splinter timelines.

Logically, it probably should. The series is probably not going to get into though.

The weirdest thing is that 1,000 years from now in Universe 10, for about two minutes Zamasu, a criminal who's been dead for a millennium, is going to show up on Planet Barbari, kill a native, and disappear again.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:46 am

DHM211 wrote:In episode 54 we see Gowasu and Zamasu travel 1,000 years into universe 10's future, meaning it still exists for at least 1,000 years after the tournament. Since the End of Z(Kai) has yet to be retconed, we know that universe 7 also still exists after the tournament. So if Zeno does actually destroy the 11 losing universes, does that mean another time ring is created, one where all 12 universes still exist?
I think it means U7 and U10 are safe. It would be a plothole if U10 is destroyed, because we saw its future. We also know U7 is safe, not that we need any prove for that, but the EoZ would be one. It's not retconned for now.

Destroying the universes doesn't affect the rings, that's just when they mess with the time and the timelines.
Heno heno kappa!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 am

I still suspect that whoever wins the tournament will ask Super Shenlong for the restoration of all erased universes.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:21 am

The only thing I hope is that, at the end of the tournament, all universes are in some way unified in one
This could set an enormous potential for every future possible arc

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 am

Puto wrote:I still suspect that whoever wins the tournament will ask Super Shenlong for the restoration of all erased universes.
I really really really hope so, is maybe the only way to see Future Trunks come back again, this time Finally with the triumph he deserves