So about Caulifla

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

So about Caulifla

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 am

Can Anyone help clarify if that's girl in the intro is her or something cause I'm confuse whether there two different characters or the same :crazy:

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: So about Caulifla

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 am

Probably a re-design. This isn't the first time this happened. Look at what happened with Toppo (the guy in the hood).

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 am

MagmonKai wrote:Probably a re-design. This isn't the first time this happened. Look at what happened with Toppo (the guy in the hood).
They still kept the design they just switch jiren with toppo.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:53 am

MagmonKai wrote:Probably a re-design. This isn't the first time this happened. Look at what happened with Toppo (the guy in the hood).
If a redesign she would be different in the intro. Couldn't be this character changes her look before the tournament?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 am

She could just clean herself up before the tournament as a representative of Universe 6. Take a bath, get a hair brush and scrunchy, change into fighting gear. Cabba feeling uncomfortable around her and Renso's shit-eating grin makes me think there's going to be a comedic romance developing between the two and she tidies up a bit to flirt with him. Gohan and Videl turned up to 11. :lol:

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:00 am

the timid girl thing is not in the intro anymore.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:04 am

Yedis wrote:the timid girl thing is not in the intro anymore.
But she's still rocking the red outfit. If Caulifla is that girl she than she's gonna change her clothes anyways.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:26 am

Alternatively Caulifla is a red herring and we haven't met the true female Saiyan of Legend yet.

Alternatively Alternatively, Intros are actually pretty expensive, and Caulifla's new change will be added when this arc gets on DVD.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:40 am

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:00 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:She could just clean herself up before the tournament as a representative of Universe 6. Take a bath, get a hair brush and scrunchy, change into fighting gear.
This, or alternately: the intro just highlights the characters doing awesome stuff, which includes Califlowa, so don't read too much into that.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 pm

I think Cabba is going to reform her and give her a uniform from the Sadala defense force.
;and not looking like a punk is what would make her shy? Or maybe Cabba himself?
:clap:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Yomi wrote:I think Cabba is going to reform her and give her a uniform from the Sadala defense force.
;and not looking like a punk is what would make her shy? Or maybe Cabba himself?
That makes no sense

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Her current appearance looks very barbaric, which really isn’t something you should wear in a tournament that have gods and Zen’ou watching. Remember when Beerus suggested that Goku should wear formal clothes to Zen’ou?

I’m pretty sure she’ll change her appearance into something formal (e,g. change clothes, tie hair, put lipstick, and such) in the actual tournament for that reason. Plus, her name pretty much confirms she’s the Broli of Universe 6 (Cauliflower and Broccoli).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Why would they change her design so late in the show? I don't believe the theory of "Toriyama saw it and decided to change it" at all because I think they at least showed him the designs of the female Broly look-alike in the opening some time before the opening first aired. I think at that point the story was already set in stone, and the designs too.
At the moment I expect to see two Saiyan girls: Caulifla and the one in the opening. It just sounds way too strange to never see a character who appears in the opening (or to never see that outfit and hair style of her), and it's quite clear the LSSJ has a different hair style from Caulifla (the bangs aren't the same length) and we also saw this: http://imgur.com/u7p0DJv
Would they really release her design like that and then have it changed at the very end?

They also advertised Caulifla's Toriyama's design on V-Jump and put the LSSJ form from the opening in the same page. So at the very least if Caulifla is really the only Saiyan girl we will see in the tournament, then she will still keep that SSJ form.
(Or as others mentioned, she will put her make up, change her dress and tie her hair before the tournament starts)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 pm

pacz360 wrote:Image

Yeah I'm positive they are the same person. There won't be two female saiyans. I just don't really like the look of the UNI6 saiyans. I wished they look more like the Universe 7 ones. Although I suppose that was an intentional design. So I wonder if all the humans on Universe 6 are black people?

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:14 pm

The possible dress+hairstyle change wouldn't explain the personality change tho.

Can't see the punk, barbaric women act as timid as in the opening. An art-style change + a huge personality change to the original script is...unlikely!

Maybe there are two females, with a sort of rivalry story between them.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Cauliflower, I'll call her Cauli.

Ok, is she the same of the opening or another one? In the opening, before going USS, she looks like a cute innocent girl, which is very different from the savage girl we have seen in this episode. The clothes and hair style are different too. But, I don't know, maybe she just changed her clothes and tied her hair. I think that's the most likely thing, she has to be the same girl.
Heno heno kappa!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm

thegamer23 wrote:The possible dress+hairstyle change wouldn't explain the personality change tho.

Can't see the punk, barbaric women act as timid as in the opening. An art-style change + a huge personality change to the original script is...unlikely!

Maybe there are two females, with a sort of rivalry story between them.
Her being timid never made the opening tho only in the pv.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:43 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Yomi wrote:I think Cabba is going to reform her and give her a uniform from the Sadala defense force.
That makes no sense
We will see.
:clap: