Reasons for Master Roshi to be in tournament of power

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Reasons for Master Roshi to be in tournament of power

Post by ssbgoku » Mon May 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Well, let me make fast and short list of possible reasons why Roshi is in tournament when he is ridiculously overpowered.

1) Toryiama seeing himself as old man so he see Master Roshi as his image. By this Toryiama wants to show young generation that he is still important and relevant, so some young guys and girls would notice it in real life as well that old people are not useless. That why he written Roshi can be as strong as he feel need to be.

2) Fan service, Old man is iconic character of db universe so he was brought back to spotlight due to nostalgia effect of older people while showing new generation greatness and usability of these old characters who were forgotten for long and caster away.

3) Gag character, Roshi is definietly character who can be entertaining and making laugh of his doings or his behaviour, even face expressions :D.

4) Because old man look badass ;), so he shouldn't be taken lightly xD. also he is pinacle of Martial arts ;).

5) Toryiama is going to pull of the biggest troll move with Roshi ever. Due to not killing rules Roshi will sacrifice himself to eliminate Jiren while he would charge at Goku to ring him out, so Jiren would be eliminated out due to killing Roshi. I believe it would be the greatest troll move and usefull death for old man saving universe.

6) The greatest leader ever to lead other characters using crafty strategies and techniques ;).

Just wondering if it happen would omniking get pissed to see goku let down not being able to face of Jiren so he would unset rules so it would be death battle ;) ? Let me know (This is not hate thread, so stay calm)

Rozay
Beyond Newbie

Re: Reasons for Master Roshi to be in tournament of power

Post by Rozay » Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm

They have been HAMMERING HOME that Power is not everything, in Super in general, and especially in the formation of the teams for this Tournament.

I expect Roshi to be the poster child for that.

To me it really isn't any more complicated than that.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon May 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Pretty much what the previous poster said. I love Roshi but I hate they are including him. Even if there is no killing or flying someone should be able to overpower Roshi in about half a second.

Only way I can buy this is if the bottom of each universe is also weak.

I dont don't even see it as fan service because most of us are scratching their heads. Though the original list basically nails it as far as reasons he was included.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:06 pm

He's gonna be used as the opponent for caulifla and be a comedic battle as well as an exhibition of how master Roshi fights against a girl that's serious in a fight and not a woman using her wiles against him.