How would you feel if episode 94 will be "Yamcha, You Are The Last Recruit! Heading to the "Tournament of Power"!"?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How would you feel if episode 94 will be "Yamcha, You Are The Last Recruit! Heading to the "Tournament of Power"!"?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 am

I would be so happy if that happened. Not just because I can't stand that they're bringing Freeza back again, but that it would actually give some kind of payoff to the Yamucha-based jokes they've been making up to this point. I doubt it will happen, but I can dream, damn it. I can dream and clutch my Reincarnated as Yamucha manga.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Doctor.
Banned

Re: How would you feel if episode 94 will be "Yamcha, You Are The Last Recruit! Heading to the "Tournament of Power"!"?

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 12, 2017 12:14 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
What's with the Tien hate bro? I seen you post that on a few occasions. I'm not the biggest fan of Tien either but I mean come on....
He brings in absolutely nothing to the story.
Midget Kuririn doesn't bring shit to the story and he is there.

On topic i wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Tenshinhan.
Not sure why you got so defensive.

Kuririn can bring interesting character interactions with #17 and Freeza. That's more than Tenshinhan can do, since he barely has any connection with the other nine members. Not to mention Kuririn also has potential for character development since he has more of a personality than simply being a stoic 'badass'.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri May 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Considering how he was portrayed in Super so far, if he will be the 10th member, no doubt they will make him the comedy relief of the tournament.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri May 12, 2017 1:41 pm

cheddarsword wrote: Yamcha's greatest failures:

Losing the 22nd Budokai Tenkaichi. I won't count the 23rd 'cuz Piccolo.

Dying to a SAIBAMAN!

Getting dumped by Bulma

Two words: Holey Android

Being an overall disgrace to every mentor he's ever trained under
Kek, I never thought I'd be defending Yamcha so much, but here we go:

- Everytime Yamcha lost in a tournament it was to one of the strongest characters in the arc that Goku had trouble taking down. Jackie Chun, Tenshinhan, or Kami(Piccolo). Blaming Yamcha for losing to characters Goku STRUGGLED to defeat in the same arc is bizarre.

- They made it clear anyone would have been caught by surprise by the Saibaman. Even then it was because he got cocky and let his guard down, not that he was weaker.

- Getting dumped by Bulma doesn't seem to make much of a difference. They're still on friendly terms with one another, it's not like they hate each other.

- Gero mistook Yamcha for Goku because of his "unusually high power level."

- "Being a disgrace to every mentor he's trained after?" What the hell? Roshi, Kami, or King Kai never looked down at Yamcha and all made comments on how impressed they were at his progress.

Dear holy hell, I wonder if some of you actually watch the show or just rely on faded memories of how Yamcha is treated in the series.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri May 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Depending on who he was replacing, Yamcha's inclusion would genuinely improve the lineup for me. Yamcha's baseball episode was excellent and I loved that he got to look like a competent badass for half an episode.

If Goku, Krillin, Gohan, PIccolo or the Androids get swapped? Forget it. Goku I HAVE to see anyway, even if I find him the least interesting fighter on the team. Krillin, Gohan and 17 got some nice build up that I want to see payoff and 18 and Piccolo have good character interactions with those guys.

Everyone else I'm down with Yamcha replacing. Yes, I'd even be fine with Vegeta. Let him go be a family man for an arc and come back in the next one. Goku's covering the 'make everything worse for everyone else' role this arc anyway it seems.

Roshi and Tien I was hyped as hell to see, but the last episode somehow simultaneously murdered my interest in both of them. Roshi's jokes aren't funny, I'll take 'Yamcha is unlucky/sucks' gags over Roshi being a rapist, and this episode reminded me that Tien has the entertainment value and personality of blancmange.

...actually bring Yamcha in immedietely to replace one of the other humans. Even if you think he sucks he's at least vaguely entertaining with his unique contrast of overconfidence and terrible awful luck He'd have some fun interactions with Vegeta, Frieza(no doubt that one could be fun) and the Androids, whilst also having some meaningful serious character interactions potentially with Goku, Krillin and Roshi/Tien. Plus him being the lethal joke character who ends up winning the tournament, even if through the admittedly obvious Yamcha pose could be an amazing glory moment.

Beerus will declare Yamcha his greatest asset having won him a baseball game and the tournament, and being the only Z fighter to really catch him off guard with a backpat.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm

This would be the greatest possibility. Sadly though it's a small possibility and they'll probably bring back that overused asshole back and treat Yamcha as nothing but a joke again. Ugggggggggghhhh...

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat May 13, 2017 1:51 am

I will answer this thread by giving my ideal U7 team:

Goku/Vegeta/Gohan
Piccolo/17/18
Buu/Frieza
Krillin/Tien

Yamcha is one of the most annoying characters in the entire franchise to me, and deserves a spot less than anyone, including Roshi (provided Roshi has been secretly training this whole time, as suggested).

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 13, 2017 2:01 am

What's annoying about him? He actually has a personality that's beyond, "stoic warrior who wants to get stronger" like half the rest of the cast.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 13, 2017 2:30 am

avasatu wrote: Yamcha is one of the most annoying characters in the entire franchise to me, and deserves a spot less than anyone, including Roshi (provided Roshi has been secretly training this whole time, as suggested).
Heard people hate on him because of meme culture, but never saw someone finding him annoying :eh:
Care to explain why he is so annoying
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 7:39 am

I think Yamcha hopers need to got to the main announcement thread, Toei just killed your hopes and dreams.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 13, 2017 9:28 am

Lord Frieza wrote:I think Yamcha hopers need to got to the main announcement thread, Toei just killed your hopes and dreams.
Yep. There's no bait-or-switch coming. Freeza is really taking part.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 am

Well, we could always hope for a side episode where Yamcha protects the Earth.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 13, 2017 9:52 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Well, we could always hope for a side episode where Yamcha protects the Earth.
I am Having déjà vu about this
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Still hope that Frieza pic is some kind of Toei's antic/teasing us, I'd rather Yamcha (instead of Roshi) and Buu to be part of the Universe 7 team, but let's see how things will roll. Frieza already killed most of the team: Vegeta (twice, before Whis' time rewind in RoF) & Krillin back on Namek, Piccolo in the Resurrection 'F' arc, Androids 17 & 18 before Whis rewind time. I'd rather he won't be shown again, but hey, he sells toys. :yawn:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 13, 2017 2:14 pm

The only chance of Yamcha joining now is if Roshi gets distracted by women or Yurin and stays at Tien's dojo or something and they get Yamcha in his place.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sun May 14, 2017 12:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
avasatu wrote: Yamcha is one of the most annoying characters in the entire franchise to me, and deserves a spot less than anyone, including Roshi (provided Roshi has been secretly training this whole time, as suggested).
Heard people hate on him because of meme culture, but never saw someone finding him annoying :eh:
Care to explain why he is so annoying
He's a bit of a try hard when he is serious, and a bit of a bum when he isn't. His humor makes me cringe, and I don't like people who aren't strong and don't train in DB. Just preference, lol. Not a Tien fan either, except when he Tri-beamed Cell into the hole.