So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: So we gonna ignore the fact Tenshinhan got trashed??

Post by Basako » Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 am

Akyon wrote:
Basako wrote: Maybe you only notice the rabidness and hatred towards the character you like, because if you take a better look to this thread, you may also find disheartening all the hate Ten is getting too.
Maybe. But I honestly don't think that's the case.

I once upon a time liked Tenshinhan a lot. Third favourite character in the whole series. I was a massive Earthling fan, because I always liked the idea that someone who doesn't win a genetic lottery can become stronger through the power of hard work and both Tenshinhan and yes; even Krillin and Yamcha, embodied that idea perfectly to me, albeit with varying results. They were all, through the power of training able to rank amongst the most powerful in the universe.

This website(and tbf a lot of others) volatile Tien vs. Krillin debates put me off one side of the argument because it nearly always came down to Tien supporters calling Krillin a wimp, a weakling, a coward, undeserving of 'strongest human' or other pointless more venomous insults that never really help the discussion along.
It's gotten boring and yeah, it has ended up unfortunately tarnishing my enjoyment of Tien since everytime he appears now the same dull talking points come along.

Krillin and Tien are never going to actually fight seriously against one another, and their fighting styles are so different it could easily go in either direction so there's not really any solid conclusion. Some are going to side with Krillin due to it being stated by the author, others prefer a show not tell attitude to story telling and so use Tenshinhan's feats as reason. Either way, fans are going to go with their preferred character anyway, so it's not like anyone's getting swayed.

Frankly I do think Tenshinhan has been getting screwed by Toei as he is the ONLY ToP contestant from U7 to not really get the chance to show off in the recruitment episodes. I'd of loved Tien to get an episode dedicated to himself exclusively without Roshi hijacking it and getting a moment to truly shine rather than looking like an after thought character in his own recruitment episode. He should have been the one to subdue Roshi and in doing so he'd get to show off his skills whilst Master Roshi still doesn't look bad.

Tien getting smacked around by Gohan was inevitable if they seriously sparred. Not even going to count that as getting trashed. Gohan has no chill smashing him through the stage like that though.
Man, as I said, you may not notice it, but he is getting so much hate or rabidness, however you called it.

I didn't use to put Ten over Krilin. I would have my doubts with only in universe information, but Toriyama settled it, Krilin is stronger and the boost he had in Namek explains it pretty well.

Ten wasn't defeated by Roshi, he just got one good hit from him and then Goku stepped in. He was standing fine immediately, meaning he could have continued fighting without any problem. There's no way I could buy Roshi got stronger than him, I could only buy he could have surpassed Yamcha because the guy stopped training, so a power decrease from his time with Kaio make sense. With this I mean the writers could have let Goku aside for once and let Ten handle the Roshi situation, in the end, it was his village in stake.

It's totally fine he got one punch knocked by ultimate Gohan, the power level difference is how it is. However, I felt that the team fight that was proposed had more possibilities to show something else from him than only receiving a punch. That's what I didn't like about the writing.
Heno heno kappa!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 am

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Shock_Surprise "Basic attack" huh? 5 seconds worth of research goes a long way, friendo.

Also, it's not a good sign when a Japanese children's show can hammer it in that one of it's characters is not some "weak old man" and still fly way over your head, is it?

If you're not even going to bother reading through someone's response all the way through, than don't bother commenting back at all, dude.
What i meant is that it is an attack easy to dodge for a Z fighter, friendo.
You are the one who is not reading what i'm writing instead you are just making excuses for the fact that Tenshinhan was defeated by an old man who didn't receive so many special trainings like Tenshinhan, therefore, you missed the whole point. Tenshinhan is weaker than Roshi, everything else are only excuses.
Israelite Wolfman wrote:The scene in today's episode (92) where Tien is hesitating over Krillin's suggestion for a sparring match should be a hint by Toei/Toriyama to settle the debates of who between them is the strongest Human.
Tenshinhan is weaker than Roshi, therefore, there is no debate anymore. Of course, Tenshinhan hesitated to face Kuririn, because, he would be destroyed very quickly.
No it isn't. In both instances in which it's been used, that move hit it's mark handily. He whipped out that moved the second Tenshinhan got close enough. The fact that, at worst, Roshi's been retconned to have been "training in secret" or whatever bullshit Super wants to sell, doesn't undo the fact Tiens been intensely training training his whole life, much less that he's one of the ten most qualified people in U7 to fight in the ToP according to the ending narration of exact same episode.

Way to take that scene in 92 out of context, btw.
Yes it is. That attack is so effective that Roshi forgot to use it against Tenshinhan in the 22º Budokai. That attack is garbage, furthermore, they move at speed of light which means it would be easy to dodge and you conveniently also dismiss the fact that when they traded punches Tenshinhan was smacked like a rag doll and decided to use 4 arms to beat Roshi. So what if he is one of the ten most qualified people in U7 to fight in the ToP? Regardless that fact he still is weaker than Roshi which is disgraceful. He lost with Roshi, he is a fucking loser.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue May 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
You are the one who is not reading what i'm writing instead you are just making excuses for the fact that Tenshinhan was defeated by an old man who didn't receive so many special trainings like Tenshinhan, therefore, you missed the whole point. Tenshinhan is weaker than Roshi, everything else are only excuses.

Tenshinhan is weaker than Roshi, therefore, there is no debate anymore. Of course, Tenshinhan hesitated to face Kuririn, because, he would be destroyed very quickly.
No it isn't. In both instances in which it's been used, that move hit it's mark handily. He whipped out that moved the second Tenshinhan got close enough. The fact that, at worst, Roshi's been retconned to have been "training in secret" or whatever bullshit Super wants to sell, doesn't undo the fact Tiens been intensely training training his whole life, much less that he's one of the ten most qualified people in U7 to fight in the ToP according to the ending narration of exact same episode.

Yes it is. That attack is so effective that Roshi forgot to use it against Tenshinhan in the 22º Budokai. That attack is garbage, furthermore, they move at speed of light which means it would be easy to dodge and you conveniently also dismiss the fact that when they traded punches Tenshinhan was smacked like a rag doll and decided to use 4 arms to beat Roshi. So what if he is one of the ten most qualified people in U7 to fight in the ToP? Regardless that fact he still is weaker than Roshi which is disgraceful. He lost with Roshi, he is a fucking loser.
The fact youve bought into Toeis non sense shows you have no idea of what you are talking about. Akira is givi g notes not even scripts for each arc. These recruitment episodes are all Toei. Akira did not write about Yurin and magic talismans. All those filler arcs and filler scense in Z are writen by the same people or the same process that Super is now. Only now since Akira isnt doing the manga and the manga is far behind written by a guy with his own interpretation. People call the crap in super canon.

Akira wrote Tenshinhan doing better than Krillin in BOG and ROF arcs in both interpretations movie and series. So wait until the tournament of power where Toei will have to follow Akiras outlines. And if you watch the pattern of Android saga-ROF you will see Akira has always given Tien the most impactful roles.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

The fact youve bought into Toeis non sense shows you have no idea of what you are talking about. Akira is givi g notes not even scripts for each arc. These recruitment episodes are all Toei. Akira did not write about Yurin and magic talismans. All those filler arcs and filler scense in Z are writen by the same people or the same process that Super is now. Only now since Akira isnt doing the manga and the manga is far behind written by a guy with his own interpretation. People call the crap in super canon.

Akira wrote Tenshinhan doing better than Krillin in BOG and ROF arcs in both interpretations movie and series. So wait until the tournament of power where Toei will have to follow Akiras outlines. And if you watch the pattern of Android saga-ROF you will see Akira has always given Tien the most impactful roles.
How do you know what is being done in Japan exactly? Akira gives them the story and they also said it was Toriyama's idea to bring in Roshi to the tournament as a powerful character and recruitment episodes are not filler. Tenshinhan is not doing anything relevant in the tournament, there is a reason why they treated him like trash, but, if you want to believe in fairy tales good luck.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue May 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

How do you know what is being done in Japan exactly? Akira gives them the story and they also said it was Toriyama's idea to bring in Roshi to the tournament as a powerful character and recruitment episodes are not filler. Tenshinhan is not doing anything relevant in the tournament, there is a reason why they treated him like trash, but, if you want to believe in fairy tales good luck.
Yes Akira gave the outline of the fighters that will participate. But he didnt write these recruitment episodes. Why do you think they are scratching them out as long as possible? If Tien was going to be a throw away they wouldnt have an episode about him and wouldnt have him team up with Goku then feature him in every episode since. Majin buu got half an episode of recruitment and disappeared because he wasnt important.

Toei wrote in Z Yamcha beating Krillin, Yajorobi beating Krillin.Yamcha mad handling Olibu and another other world fighter that are stronger than Super Sayains. Thats the kind of writers that are writing these recent episodes. You think Akira wrote Goku and Krillin going into the woods for 2 episodes to fight illusions? Thats has Toei filler all over it.

Did you see the V Jump scan? Roshi has the least amount of ranking stars. While Tien and Krillin are tied. The manga cover all of Akiras notes while the Anime pads it.

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:11 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Roshi doesn't liberally use that move because he's not a fucking killer. The only time he consciously used it was as a last resort and would have outright killed his top student, had the latter not either forfeited or transformed into too big of a target to contain. Under Yurin's he had no such restraint. Just keep shifting that goalpost though. Really smart.

If retconning on of the most seasoned and unpredictable fighters in the entire franchise to be that much stronger than anyone thought was the worst thing Super has done, I'd have next to no issues with it as a continuation.

Tien in particular spent (at most) two episodes in Super in the same position Yamcha been has since all the way back to "Jackie Chun's" first appearance(ie taking an L to elevate/showcase a new antagonist or another characters newly revealed power/abilities), and all of the sudden everyone loses their minds. (Beerus and Tagoama don't count since they beat nearly everyone else, too) Keep in mind the latter was downgraded even further from that to straight up comic relief, yet hipsters in this fandom expect a comeback from him? LOL

But hey, since we're no longer gonna have any perspective...Sorbet > Goku, Yurin > Roshi. Random Robber > Krillin and Frost > all of U7 What? All of these former examples beat the latter, right? Come to think of it...Roshi was one of the first to be suggesting to fight in the ToP (even BEFORE 18 and 17), by someone who dismissed Krillin's abilities at that! Roshi Top tier confirmed!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed May 31, 2017 1:19 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

Yes Akira gave the outline of the fighters that will participate. But he didnt write these recruitment episodes. Why do you think they are scratching them out as long as possible? If Tien was going to be a throw away they wouldnt have an episode about him and wouldnt have him team up with Goku then feature him in every episode since. Majin buu got half an episode of recruitment and disappeared because he wasnt important.

Toei wrote in Z Yamcha beating Krillin, Yajorobi beating Krillin.Yamcha mad handling Olibu and another other world fighter that are stronger than Super Sayains. Thats the kind of writers that are writing these recent episodes. You think Akira wrote Goku and Krillin going into the woods for 2 episodes to fight illusions? Thats has Toei filler all over it.

Did you see the V Jump scan? Roshi has the least amount of ranking stars. While Tien and Krillin are tied. The manga cover all of Akiras notes while the Anime pads it.
You say that Tenshinhan is not going to be a throw away, because, he had two episodes about him, however, in those two episodes he was crushed and humiliated. So what makes you think that the same won't happen in the tournament?
Yeah, i saw the V Jump scan but i also saw the other V Jump scan where Tenshinhan was supposed to use a unique technique to keep up with Piccolo and Gohan and nothing happened.

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

Roshi doesn't liberally use that move because he's not a fucking killer. The only time he consciously used it was as a last resort and would have outright killed his top student, had the latter not either forfeited or transformed into too big of a target to contain. Under Yurin's he had no such restraint. Just keep shifting that goalpost though. Really smart.

If retconning on of the most seasoned and unpredictable fighters in the entire franchise to be that much stronger than anyone thought was the worst thing Super has done, I'd have next to no issues with it as a continuation.

Tien in particular spent (at most) two episodes in Super in the same position Yamcha been has since all the way back to "Jackie Chun's" first appearance(ie taking an L to elevate/showcase a new antagonist or another characters newly revealed power/abilities), and all of the sudden everyone loses their minds. (Beerus and Tagoama don't count since they beat nearly everyone else, too) Keep in mind the latter was downgraded even further from that to straight up comic relief, yet hipsters in this fandom expect a comeback from him? LOL

But hey, since we're no longer gonna have any perspective...Sorbet > Goku, Yurin > Roshi. Random Robber > Krillin and Frost > all of U7 What? All of these former examples beat the latter, right? Come to think of it...Roshi was one of the first to be suggesting to fight in the ToP (even BEFORE 18 and 17), by someone who dismissed Krillin's abilities at that! Roshi Top tier confirmed!
Roshi doesn't liberally use that move because he knew it wouldn't work that's why, he didn't use it against Piccolo Daimaoh as well, because Piccolo would dodge it easily. As you said Tenshinhan was treated as Yamcha, therefore, there isn't much i can add to that fact. The fact is that Tenshinhan was treated as a loser and there is a good reason for it.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

Its awesome you know exactly what Toriyama did and didnt write. Can I take a look into your crystal ball too?

Also Toriyama is the one who stated Krillin is stronger lmfao.

Lastly...everyones favorite Tien moment, him holding back Cell, is entirely anime filler.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:44 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Its awesome you know exactly what Toriyama did and didnt write. Can I take a look into your crystal ball too?

Also Toriyama is the one who stated Krillin is stronger lmfao.

Lastly...everyones favorite Tien moment, him holding back Cell, is entirely anime filler.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/sshelio ... 0.gif.html

http://i42.tinypic.com/2s8pvzs.jpg

http://s721.photobucket.com/user/Andrew ... 2.jpg.html

http://s721.photobucket.com/user/Andrew ... a.jpg.html

It was in the manga...
Last edited by blackbewhite2k7 on Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:26 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

You say that Tenshinhan is not going to be a throw away, because, he had two episodes about him, however, in those two episodes he was crushed and humiliated. So what makes you think that the same won't happen in the tournament?
Yeah, i saw the V Jump scan but i also saw the other V Jump scan where Tenshinhan was supposed to use a unique technique to keep up with Piccolo and Gohan and nothing happened.

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

Roshi doesn't liberally use that move because he knew it wouldn't work that's why, he didn't use it against Piccolo Daimaoh as well, because Piccolo would dodge it easily. As you said Tenshinhan was treated as Yamcha, therefore, there isn't much i can add to that fact. The fact is that Tenshinhan was treated as a loser and there is a good reason for it.
King Piccolo could fucking decimate even the strongest fighters on earth at that point, Goku included. He was an entirely different entity considered unbeatable but conventional means. The only way Roshi, or anyone else knew how to win that fight was to seal him away. Both times the Thunder Shock Surprise was used, it hit it's mark and effectively subdued the opponent. The attack is extremely lethal and dangerous, and as such, Roshi prefers not to use it.

My second point was that Yamcha's entire characters purpose since the first tournament he participated in was to job and be outdone by everyone else from that point forward...Tien included. The fact that Tien (and other characters in Super) have taken L's similarly here and there doesn't make Yamcha any kind of contender for a comeback, much less to surpass any of the U7 team...especially since nothing in Super has supported that notion.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:09 pm

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

King Piccolo could fucking decimate even the strongest fighters on earth at that point, Goku included. He was an entirely different entity considered unbeatable but conventional means. The only way Roshi, or anyone else knew how to win that fight was to seal him away. Both times the Thunder Shock Surprise was used, it hit it's mark and effectively subdued the opponent. The attack is extremely lethal and dangerous, and as such, Roshi prefers not to use it.

My second point was that Yamcha's entire characters purpose since the first tournament he participated in was to job and be outdone by everyone else from that point forward...Tien included. The fact that Tien (and other characters in Super) have taken L's similarly here and there doesn't make Yamcha any kind of contender for a comeback, much less to surpass any of the U7 team...especially since nothing in Super has supported that notion.
You are just making my fucking point again, if the attack was useless against King Piccolo, then, it should be a piece of cake for someone like Tenshinhan who is young and had much better training than Roshi over the years, the fact that he was so easily defeated by Roshi only proves how pathetic he is as a warrior.

I see Yamcha as a dark horse, i wouldn't be surprised if they include him to replace Tenshinhan, that's all.

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:

You are just making my fucking point again, if the attack was useless against King Piccolo, then, it should be a piece of cake for someone like Tenshinhan who is young and had much better training than Roshi over the years, the fact that he was so easily defeated by Roshi only proves how pathetic he is as a warrior.

I see Yamcha as a dark horse, i wouldn't be surprised if they include him to replace Tenshinhan, that's all.
What part of King Piccolo being "considered unbeatable but conventional means." was so hard to understand? I swear to Christ every episode of Super lowers this fanbase's collective IQ at least 5 points. I'm done trying to spoon feed basic information to you.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:27 pm

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

What part of King Piccolo being "considered unbeatable but conventional means." was so hard to understand? I swear to Christ every episode of Super lowers this fanbase's collective IQ at least 5 points. I'm done trying to spoon feed basic information to you.
Exactly and your IQ is bellow zero to not understand what happened in that episode. Feed basic information? You don't even know where you have your right hand, give me a break with your pathetic excuses for Tenshinhan's pathetic defeat.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Small selection from just the last few posts:
Shinda Forever wrote:You are just making my fucking point again
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:I swear to Christ every episode of Super lowers this fanbase's collective IQ at least 5 points.
Shinda Forever wrote:Exactly and your IQ is bellow zero to not understand what happened in that episode.
The attitudes on display in this thread are beyond childish and unacceptable. If you're not willing to have a civil conversation with your fellow fans, this is not the place for you.

Account strikes will be issued from this point forward, which add up to temporary/permanent bans from Kanzenshuu. Take a step back and re-evaluate what it is you find useful/convenient/helpful about being here, please.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 pm

So a DBS writer confirmed a month ago Roshi is not stronger than Tenshinhan. And like all common sense fans who are not Tien haters knew it was the witch craft that increased Roshis power, regardless of what the dialogue said.

It increased the Students enough to fly, break down doors with their finger tips and withstand ki blast from Choutzu who is stronger than a sayain Elite. 2 episodes later we see Roshi cant fly, and Gohan clearly sees Tenshinhan as a strong guy to test himself against.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Personally I think Tenshinhan is purposely downplayed at the moment so he can surprise a few people.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.